GOInG Back to COSSACKS!!!

rpg_Casper

Chieftain
they better come up with one SCREAMIN' ww2 scenario to download to make up for this huge "no scenario making" flaw!!!

Originally posted by Henrik

17th century warfare game...
Havent played it but it looks good.

[edit]Found a link when I did a brief search:
http://www.cossacks.de/ [/edit]

Oh yeah there is a game called COSSACKS and its a german game. This game "ROCKS" if you like to attack your enemie with 400 guys and in formation. If your crazy about 17/18 centurie warfare this is your game. I got it myself and iam totally crazy about this game. I play it over LAN with my brother in law (I kicked his ass three times in a row now :D :D ) and this is extreme cool. If you like this game you should also try Sudden-Strike its from the same company as Cossacks.

GOOD HUNTING.,

I just happen to love the 17th century, and I would undoubtly have bought the game allready hadnt it been for one little detail, it is for PC only :cry:

do you just have to do battle or do you also have to manage city and budget???tell me more!

You start off with apprx. 15 peasants to build a town hall. this town hall provides shelter for all units and creates more peasants. u then have the peasants build barracks (also provides shelter for all units),stable,blacksmith,storehouse,library,walls,etc. the peasants also gather food (after building mill),stones,and wood to bring back to townhalls or storehouses. peasants also build mines over coal,gold,and iron resources and u place certain amnt of peasants in them (u can upgrade mines too to put more peasants in). i think 8000 units (soldiers,peasants,etc)can be created. (EVEN more with new add-on and american conquest game). Map is by far larger than any civ map. the graphics are so intense u can see the wheat sway to the wind where the peasnats gather food.

all units,techs,buildings,upgrades,etc require a mix of some resources to build.

barracks-create units,drummer,and officer that leads formation groups (group of 15,36,72,120). u also improve unit offensive/defensive points (upgrades).

stables-build calvary,dragoons, etc and make upgrades here.

library-improve food production,ship building,stone production,gunpowder,etc.

common strategy is to build more than one townhall (to keep producing peasants),more than one barrack,stable,artillary depot,etc. this way, you can have all buildings pumping out units at the same time.

i was never into 17th/18th cent. strategy games (or any strat games that are not civ) but this one blew me away.

feel free to ask me any other questions about cossacks.

is there any scenario with the game like civ2? or i'll have to built an army every game? is there 2-3 games or what because i saw 2 boxes on the site...

I want this game for Christmas, top of my wish list...I've been playing on civilization for the last 4 years without touching any other game...but cossacks seems to be hot! 8000 units on one battlefield!!!

they do have historical battles but building up a town or army only takes less than an hour to do. the only problem with the game now is that if you're playing against the computer, there is no peace treaty and it's a free for all. they just came out with a patch demo add-on that one of the new features DOES allow you to do is have treaties with other nations.

i heard a review ...a very negative one ...it said that cossack was like age of the empire...a race to productivity more than a final combat of 8000 units...the guy told that when the AI has 50 it comes right to your town to attack before you have the time to build armies...and it goes like that for all the game so you never have battles of more than 200 units...is it true casper???

right now, they're about to release an add-on that allows treaties with other nations and a bunker to prevent raids. an american version of the game (American Conquest), will have the new features too. once you learn how to play, you'll figure how to prevent all that without add-ons anyway. add-on is mostly for more units,etc. once you build walls and towers, then the AI will start massing their troops instead of sending in 1 by 1. like i said, if you know the right units to keep out there, this can be prevented without walls.

i've never played AofE but those i talk to that have played both say cossacks is better. the BEST thing about cossacks is multi-player. they have their own shell (lobby) and u can set rules before the match. usually, people decide on like a 30 minute peace time (don't attack each other) and build up units or cities in the meantime. a small group prefers no peace time and like to attack each other right off the bat. u can play teams in multi-player 2v2,3v3,etc so that's cool. i like the fact you can build up a city in 30min-1hr (whatever players decide) and wipe out opponents just as quick.

so to answer your original question, no, it's not true. i've built up 2000+ armies before and couldv'e done more.

Originally posted by rpg_Casper
they do have historical battles but building up a town or army only takes less than an hour to do.

Only less than an hour, woohoo. Thats what PcGamer said was its major problem. You spend alot more time building up your base and army instead of fighting...

Originally posted by rpg_Casper
the BEST thing about cossacks is multi-player. they have their own shell (lobby) and u can set rules before the match.

You can do that on AofE 2 games as well and you can have teams as ewell. I also know people who have played both and they like AoE 2 best so maybe one game is not infact better than the other.

A good game soon to be made great by the add-on pack, but with one MAJOR problem.

Often I build the air-balloon and see to my horror emeny units not attacking each other but lining up to attack my fort (you'll almost need one of these everygame, and many quick units to help defend). This computer cheating is unfair but may also be a bug. In one game as the Polish, I fought a pretty united Turkey/Saxon alliance but for some strange reason, the AI controlling Prussia didn't join in overpowering me. Also I saw white markings representing borders.........

Top Bottom