New Unit: Huscarl

utahjazz7

Deity
Okay, I've finally been able to finish this unit. Wow, it's been a long time comin'. Anyway, it's finally finished. I made a couple of changes from the first preview, but I didn't fulfill all the requests, sorry. Part of the reason was a little lack of motivation and some was I just like the unit the way it is.

He's definately a lot bigger than the Viking Swordsman, but I don't think that it's the huscarl's fault; I think the swordsman is just a little on the small side.

Download.

Nice gonna have to figure out what to do with it once I get home (slow day at a Student congress meet.)

Originally posted by Mobilize
Fourth post, yay? Great unit it does seem a bit large, perhaps you should update the European Swordsman in size?

Outstanding job, Utah! I too have been waiting for this fella to come along! :goodjob:

Oh Oh, so cool! Medieval Infantry for the Vikings? There really is a lot of units, that are way better then what the Firaxis provided us with....

Does anyone have the ability to write a Civilopeida entry?

Originally posted by Risbinroch
Oh Oh, so cool! Medieval Infantry for the Vikings? There really is a lot of units, that are way better then what the Firaxis provided us with....

Does anyone have the ability to write a Civilopeida entry?

Although there were Dark Age Scandinavian troops known as "Huscarls", troops of that name were best known as the elite of the pre-Norman-invasion English army -- so they historically "disappear" after 1066 CE.

Here's a good link.

-- Oh and BTW another excellent unit! :goodjob:

-Oz

Excellent unit utah, extremely goodlooking dude who's into the swing of things!!! :goodjob:
Shows yet again that Northern Europe rules! ;):p

Edit: just tested him, still extremely goodlooking dude!

Looks good

Any plans for your next unit?

aweosme dude ;goodjob: if looking for a new job in the futre, I have a unit idea that EVERYONE will be interested in ;)

unforutuantely, pictures are rather hard to find of it, but I htink i have enough at the moment to give insperation for a fine unit ;)

*one should note that the unit in question, for once, is not Roman ;)

tha said, this guy looks a bit large to me....

Top Bottom