Alexander The Great

kuff-dam

Illuminati
At last

He Wept for there were no more lands to conquor.

Here's an attempt at Alexander the Great scenario, it's simple conquor the known world.

Macedonian Greece start at war with persia. a young Rome is included, Carthage and Egypt Independant Greek states,Young India, Celts, Huns and Germanic Tribes are included as default nations but the ideas to batter persia and egypt.

the game starts a 334 bc and runs on a weekly time scale you have 140 turns.

Can YOU match historys second greatest warrior?

www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Alexander_the_great_1.22.zip

Let me know what you think and good luck.:king:

I was named after this dude this scenario is made with a wholelottaluv

CHECK OUT ALEXANDER THE GREAT 2 also by this creator

didn't realy test it before i played it. i'm quite impressed with my own efforts though.

might have to modify it though the persians are putting up a helluva fight at the momment. asia minor's a serious battlefield

Al you're a moaning devil aren't you?

Even at the time of MY namesake the young nation of rome existed and eventually grew to encompass and out-do Alexanders empire

got to that stage myself and was well pleased with myself but the persians'll give you a hard time by the time you reach Issus i'm changing the imortalls stats and hoplite stats to make it a bit more even. got as far as babylon in my game and ran out of steam the imortalls attack stength of 4' kicked my ass a bit i'm gonna make some minor adjustments to the game and see how it goes. Alexander won through sheer brilliance though so i'm not gonna make it too easy

if im not mistaken wasnt egypt under persian control in 334 bc and nubian right before that?
also if u want some accurate names try roman Consul Caudinus, nubian pharoh :egypt: Khabbabash, carthage's King Gisco, and to be specific it was Darius the III
some ideas i put in my game was cities with wonders in the like delphia west of athes with oracle, move sparta SE and put olympia with zeus, put the pyramids in mephis or make giza SE, put rhodes uder persia with colossus on the directly NE of crete,
rename Miletus, Halicarnassus and place the Mausoleum, add Ephesus with temple of artemis north of that
in sparta put like 6 or 8 hoplites called spartan elite or something to that extent with elite level i also renamed the sistine chapel the temple of solomon and placed it in jerusalem and put some indian cites around the indus and i also stopped civs from researching middle age techs final i befeefed up leigionaire so rome can conquer in time

yeah egypt was under persian rule. but it makes it more interesting to have them a 'protectorate' of the persians. i'm modifying this scenario and putting em in a locked alliance with persia i'll se how it pans out.

Also i cant seem to edit citys to give them wonders and 'modest' buildings like temple and barracks without scrolling all through factorys etc.
This is afecting my ability to pick and choose given techs but i'm modifying this scenario today and all suggestions'll be considered.

cheers for the feedback

cheers mate. been tinkering with it all day and i'm pretty satisfied a new improve scenario will be posted tonight with;

9 nations, Macedonin greeks (playeble nation) Rome Persia Egypt Carthage Celts Germanic tribes and Huns

it'll include relevant wonders improved map stronger units etc

I forgot to thank mongol cow for his/her map which i poached Ta

WATCH THIS SPACE

It's done. top of the page

GO FORTH AND RULE

In my opinon, Hail Ceasar! although Temujin fits the bill of 'warrior' well also

new and final-ish version tonight. have now included independant greeks and ballenced out the forces involved.

The opportunity to play the young nation of rome also exists.
Watch alexander crush the persians, liberate the greeks and build your nation despatching all others

I'm weeping there's no more lands to conquor.

THE LINK'S AT THE TOP ENJOY!

Originally posted by kuff-dam

Watch alexander crush the persians, liberate the greeks and build your nation despatching all others

"liberate the Greeks"???

AFAIK, the Greeks were already "liberated" by Alexander's father, Philip.
And they weren't actually very happy about those "liberation" (which included the total distruction of Thebes).

Anyway, I'm very interested in your scenario (I love ancient history).
Is it playable with vanilla Civ or does it require PTW or Conquest (I only have vanilla)?

Thanks and ciao

When he said liberate I`m sure he was joking and philip did not conquer the greek city states. When alexander elegibly assasinated his father he took over raised thebes conquered sparta and took athens... So you might even want to make athens sparta and thebes indepentent but weakly defended so alexander can woop butt. TA

Top Bottom