Middle Earth NES

erez87

Lord of Random
Welcome to Middle Earth World!
In here you will meet many races, a whole world full of diffrent type of races and people.

A world of magic and mythology, a world of evil and good wars. And you all are welcome to

join in the fray!

Please read the rules carfully, and then make your country by what you want.
In the map there will be also dragons wich are mighty creatures that will cotnrol lands and

will threat you! You CANNOT be a Dragon.

Races

Elves (Quendi):
Elves are the the first children of Illuvatar that awoke in the far east, until Orme (A god) found them and brought them to Valinor, the land of the gods. On this long travel many elves got split from the others and stayed in middle earth.
Here are the different Elven races:

-Noldor are Highelves from Valinor, which came back because Melkor, the evil one, stole the wonderfull Silmarils from their King Feanor. Their arrival in Middle earth saved the free races from getting destroyed by Melkor. In the following years the Noldor fought bitterly against Melkor, but in the end they got beaten and a last time the Valar had to come to middle earth, to save them.
The Noldor are sniwey and robust, but also very tall and beutifull. They are good Warriors and smiths and build mighty empires.

-Sindar are the elves that didn´t come to Middle earth and they stayed and buld Kingdoms of their own. But they got almost destroyed by the evil forces of Melkor when the Noldor came to destract him. They either live in the woods or at the sea and build pretty impressive Kingdoms, althought they are not as great builders as the Noldors, and are a bit smaller then Highelves.

-Green elves live in woods only and they try to stay away from great battles unlike their Highelven breathern. The best known Geenelven tribe today are the elves of Tharanduil in Mirkwood. Legolas, son of Thranduil will help Frodo some 1000 years later to beat the Dark Lord. They are smaller and not as strong as as Noldor and they usualy don´t have armor.

After the end of the first age, most elves went to Valinor and the few elves left live in Rivendill, Mithlond, Lorien and Mirkwood.

---

Humans (Atani):
Humans are the the race that awoke second. As the Elves the first saw the light of the stars in the east, where they lived peacefully, until Melkor came. Many ran away from him to the Elves, but Melkor corrupted even more of them and used them as his servants against the Elves.
There are three groups of Humans in Middle earth:

-Edain are the Humans that had the first contact with Elves. Many fought together with the Elves vs Melkor and after the end of the first age, the Valar gifted the Island of Numenor to them. However they got corrupted by Sauron and they tryed to attack the Valar in Valinor. Only few survived and these guys formed the Kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor in Middle earth. They became Saurons biggest enemy and fought many wars against him. However some evil Numenor survived too settled in Umbar. Numenors are "greater" Humans which live longer then "lesser" Humans. They like to build mighty citys and are good warriors. Aragorn like
all Kings of Gondor and Arnor is a Numenor.

-Easterlings and black Humans are barbarian guys of the south and east and they have always been enemy with the Numenor of Gondor and often Sauron used them as his allys in his wars against the Edain and Elves..

The biggest human nations are Gondor and the remainings of Arnor, but the corsairs of Umbar, the black men of Harad and the easterlings of Rhun and Khant are only waiting for Gondor to show a weakness.

---

Dwarves (Naugrim)
The Dwarfes were created by Aule the Valar, even before the humans awoke. During the first age, the dwarves helped the elves against Melkor and they were the only ones, that could fight the dragons, because they often used masks to cover their faces. But at last they betrayed the elves, when they killed the Sindar King Thingol and stole the Silmaril. During the second age the dwarves of Khazad-dum traded with the elves of Gwaith-i-Mirdain were the rings were later created. Seven of these rings went to Dwarven lords, but they got not involved in the wars of the second age, which ended in the Last Alliance and the destruction of Sauron.
They are strong warriors and good smiths, althought they are very small.

Most dwarves live in Khazad-dum, but some live in the Grey mountains in the north and in the Blue mountains west of Arnor.

---

Orcs
Orcs are evil creatures created by Melkor in the first age for his war against the Elves. They fear the sun and like nothing more then war. Some say that Orcs are twisted Elves and Melkor created them to counter the Elves, but thats not sure. Orcs are very different from each other and there are many different Orc-Races. Each race is created for a special task and since there are many tasks... However there are to major Orc groups, Greater and Lesser
Orcs:

-Greater Orcs are created to lead the Lesser Orcs and they are always bigger and stronger then their small breathern. Dura-Hai are a very old race of greater Orcs and they have fought in Melkors and later Saurons army for centuries. Many big Orc leaders are Dura-Hai, but they are not only leaders. They are not few Greater Orcs and they are great Warriors. Another Race are the Shira-Hai, which are created for war only. They are known for jumping on at their enemies and pushing them down to the ground. The Orcs that ambushed Isildur when he was wearing the ring were Shira-Hai. A race that later would become well known for their lack of fear for sun are the Uruk-Hai.

-Lesser Orcs are servents of the Greater Orcs. They are more in numbers, but much weaker then their big brothers. These orcs are not only warriors, they are also the workers of Saurons army. There are many lesser Orc races since there is almost one for each task. There are Snaga-Hai, who are scouts with big ears and eyes, Naz-Hai who live in the mountains, Nadak-Hai, who form the biggest part of the army and many many more races. Most Orcs live in Angamar, but they can be found almost everywhere. In the Misty Mountains lives a huge population of Orcs and Goblins and In Dol-Guldur live some Orcs too. But there can be found many orcs all around the world even in Harad or Dunland.

Economy
Industrial power
Used to build war machines, weopnse and just regular house stuff (like tables).
This is not in your country control as it grows by your country grouth.
As time and techs go this will get higher and higher until I won't even need to include it.
Money
This is used to train and pay your armies. Pay for trade, pay for anything your country

need. Including regular stuff like education and stuff like real countries.
Food production
VERY Important to. Without food your people will die. You can get food in many many ways.

From Farms to eating other races (for Orcs). This like Industrial power won't be into your

control TOO MUCH. You can still make slaves work in national farms...
Economy
It will be the sum of all others in my speicel way ;) It will go by numbers. Just like any

other NES this will drop when you create new stuff. How much it drops etc.. later.
You CAN grow economy. It takes 1 full turns and by how much it grows... I'll be the judge

of that.

Miliatery
Oh god so much to explain... ok I should start...
Army
This includes all land armies. To grow EACH army area cost 1 economy.
There is: Infantry (grows by 150), Horseman (grows by 75), Archers (grows by 100),

Siege-Weopnse (grow by 25).
Each type of army area has many stuff in it.
Infatry- Swordman, Macman, Axeman, Spearman, Pikeman, and anything else you think about.
Horseman- Chariot, Horseman, Rider and anything else you think about.
Archers- Bowman, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Darts-shooter, Slinger and again anything else...
Siege-Weopnse- Catapults, Balistas, Sieg-Towers, rams and anything else.

You can also merge Archers and Horses for example to make Chariot archer, or Horsarchers

and it will grow by the lower number unit. (75 for my example)

There are also wizards. This are the Istari. They were sent by the Valar to help humans

fight Sauron. They look like old man and are forbbiden to show their power.
The greater one was Saruman. Others were Gandalf, Radagast(sp?) and the two blue wizards

Alatar and Falando(sp?). There might be more.
They usualy help the good countries they live in but they could turn on them. (See Saruman

attacking Rohan that gave him Isengard)

Navy
This includes all naval power. To grow EACH area cost 1 economy.
There is: Transports (grow by 20), Battleships (grow by 5), Cruisairs (grow by 10), Galleys

(grow by 10).
There are types, think about them yourself!

Merceneries and Puppet races
Any country can hire merceneries, or make from one race another race...
You think about them or they come themselves OR YOU CAN sell them yourself!
They will cost 1 economy, will bring less but highly trained armies.
To keep merceneries every 2 turns you need to pay 1 economy for ALL merceneries you have,

doesn't matter how many. Merceneries also includes races not mentioned...
About puppet races it's diffrent.
Usualy people in good or regular countries will go against it but in evil countries... You

can take a race and make somthing else from it, Like creating Uruk-Hai from goblins and

orcs... It takes some turns and somthimes making mistakes will be not nice. But this way

you can create highly strong armies that only their look scares your enemies! IT'S NOT

COUNTED AS UU.

Unique Unit
Each country can have 1 for all the game. This UU could progress in tech but it

won't change it's main idea. (Ship UU stays ships! not become humans! but could have

Pirates...)
UU will be what you want them to. Neither a cheap unit that is created in masses or a

strong and loyal unit that comes in small numbers.

Education
A usual, just a lot more levels. Some races might have a limit to education until an age or

somthing else will be achieved...
Levels will be:
Very Low - Low - Medium Low - Medium - Medium High - High - Very High - Genius
For Orcs highest level is Medium.
For humans highest level is High.
For Dwarfes highest level is Medium High.
Ents do not require Education.

To grow education you need to pay 2 economies. It somthimes could grow by itself... or go

down...

Culture
Culture will go by numbers. Each race will start with a diffrent number.
Elves- 4
Humans- 3
Dwarfs- 2
Orcs- 1
Ents- Do not need cutlure

The higher the culture is means you people are cultural to their race and others might join

you.
For each race Culture is achieved by diffrent ways to each race.
Elves, Humans- Can build temples and honor the gods. (cost 1 economy)
Orcs- Get Culture from fighting.
Dwarfes- Get culture from digging gold and going to wars.
Culture might also grow by itself from time to time (or go down).

Ages
The start of the NES is Third-Age, Year 1300 with the creation of the first evil country

for a long time Angamar.
From now each turn will be 100 years, As time goes this might change. Ages will be: (more

will be added as we advance)
ReCreation age- In this age countries will be reformed or made brand new all across Middle

Earth. This age brings the lowest type of weopnse but all units can built and reserched.

Forging creatures immposible for now.
Miliatery grow by the numbers writen in the Rules.
Rise of Evil- This age will begin spreading around 2460 (for knowing people it's the end of

the Watching-peace). Around this time great evil will return and more evil NPC countries

will be created. Barbarians will become annoying from the East and South. In this age Evil

races have the best weopnse.
Evil Miliatery grow in double numbers than writen in rules.
Return of ____ - (2951) Will be revealed later...

Goverment
Choose one... as you wish for the age.
For now only Despotism, Monarchy and Cheifdom.

Forts and Fortifactions
----- This lenght of a wall cost 1 economy.
A fort cost 1 economy and will be shown as a bit square.
Forts and Walls help defense and stoping armies.

Updates Will be EVERY other day no matter how many orders I get. Any mistake in the update can be prooved and stuff will change (unlike other NES's that don't fix mistakes). If I don't update thats mean I have a test, annoying mother=private teacher, a Work to give away (like very soon) etc...
If I don't update for 3 days be VERY annoying to me!!! I tell you to be VERY VERY annoying! Spam me in AIM and stuff if you need just to make me update!!!

Joining
To join just say your joining and the name of the country\tribe or whatever.
ALL are welcome :)

NAME
Race:
Economy: 3
Army: 100 men
Navy:
Merceneries \ Puppet races:
Unique units:
Education: Low
Culture: 0
Goverment:

I BELIVE thats all. Everyone are welcome to join again and if you see any mistake or don't

understand anything or I missed anything TELL ME.
(sp?) means that I'M asking YOU for the right spelling.

Countries
In Italic Are countries that don't exist yet but tried ones to be created.

Gondor
Race: Human (Edain)
Army: 500 men
Navy:
Unique units:
Culture: 1
Goverment: Monarchy

Rivendel -Heine
Race: Elves (Noldor?)
Economy: 5
Army: 200 men
Navy:
Unique units: Elven Archer:
Education: Medium Low
Culture: 2

Angamar
Race: Orcs (under Witch-King leadership)
Economy: 1
Army: 700 men
Navy:
Unique units:
Goverment: Evil- Despotism

Near Harad -Das
Race: Human (Haradrim/Dark Humans)
Economy: 1\2
Army: 150 men
Navy:
Unique units: Oliphant Rider 5
Education: Very Low
Goverment: Despotism

Khazad-dum -tossi
Race: Dwarves
Navy:
Unique units:

Rohan -Jason the king
Race: Human (Atani)
Army: 50 Horseman (Maybe I suggest a horse UU to?)
Navy:
Unique units:
Goverment:

Race: Men
Navy: none
Unique units: Mage
Goverment: Monarchy (well more like a despotism but I say that the gods put me on the throne.)

Gondor
Race: Human (Edain)
Economy: 4
Army: 300 men
Navy:
Unique units:

double post

Khazad-dum
Race: Dwarves
Navy:
Unique units:

Rohan
Race: Human (Atani)
Economy: 4
Navy:
Unique units:
Goverment:

Rivendel
Race: Elves (Noldor?)
Army: 200 men
Navy:
Unique units:
Culture: 2

OOC: One thing about the humans. I have no idea what the Northmen (Rohan), the Beorninger and the people of Thal are, but I guess they are all lesser Humans, since all Edain went to Numenor.

About Rivendell and other elven citys: I think that these citys are a mix of Sindar and Noldor elves. However Lorien and Mirkwood are both Silvanian (Greenelves), but I think Galadriel is a Noldor.

Suilannad!

I'm going to join when I get home, but first I'm gonna flame you for

a) Starting this while I didn't have a net connection
b) your rúcima spelling
c) your incredible amount of mistakes pertaining to Lord of the Rings.

What Tolkien experts did you consult?

Let's start by pointing out that I cannot understand "sniwey" in your elf description.
Then you state that there are three races of men, but your text is horribly spaced. I see:
-Edain
-Easterlings.

The Numenoreans are not "greater humans", they have a streak of elven blood by descendant of Elros Tar-Minyatur.
Your elves should have an effects section and a history section *separated*.

You
can take a race and make somthing else from it, Like creating Uruk-Hai from goblins and
orcs...
No F'ing way. (Faica)
Treebeard: "That would be a black evil!"
How would you balance this, or explain it, or make it useful, or even allow it to other races than Saruman/Mordor, and what races could be used here, etc...

When I get home I'll get out my copies of LotR, Silmarillion, The Hobbit and all the volumes of The History of Middle-Earth, plus the Ardalambion and Quenya Lapseparma.

Edit 1: And let's NOT mention the umpteen races of Orcs...

Namárië.

Ok
First I didn't did race list.
I consulted tossi wich know a lot.

I care less of LOTR as I want the players to make history.

And you gonna only flame or also join?

Right now I have 4 players and 5 including myself...
I hope all this 5 going to send orders...

I'll join, but I wanted to rant a bit, being one of the class of Tolkien fans who actually knows what JRR stands for...

NAME : Erik Mesoy
Race: Rhunians
Navy: "Fish-in-a-pond" style.
Unique units:

Is it just me or are the other people boosting their army and economy illegally?

If You will look you will see there are 3 ready NPC's.
Where you want "Erik Mesoy" country to be?? And whats your race????

took a pre-made nation :p

Elrond grew restless, the dark enemy was gone, but the ring was not destroyed.
Isildur son of Elendil had taken it as his own, as he was now the king of Gondor.
In the battle both Gil-Galad and Elendil have fallen, and Narsil, Elendils sword had broken. With this sword Isildur had cut the ring of Saurons finger and Saurons armies had fallen.

Orders:
Increase Education.
Use army to expand in all direction, that is the best way to stop the evil from growing, by taking the land by ourself ;)

OOC: Instead of Forts it shall be Towers, that will fit more with the theme I think.

Hey Erik!

I did the Race section and i tryed to do as few mistakes as possible.

About humans: I knew that i did something wrong here and i hoped someone would correct me when i posted this thing first in the middle eath suggestion threat.

The three races are:

Edain, Easterlings and Dark Men of Harad. But I have no idea what the People of Rohan, Bree or Thal are.

I called Numenoreans higher humans, because they live longer are strogner etc. I know this is because they have blood of Luthien in their veins.

I know most Orc races are hypothetical and I´m sure i wrote this somewhere. I just wanted to show, that there are many different orc races.

About the spacing: Erez fault!!! ^^

I would be happy if we could talk about AIM (mktossi), since i only own the LOTR, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion and a very cool History of Middle earth atlas.

Well this didn't as well as I tought it will.
Can anyone (except Amirsan and AAminion) give me a reason why?

OOC: About the army - 100 whom?

Near Harad
Race: Human (Haradrim/Dark Humans)
Army: 100 (Archers?)
Navy:
Unique units: Oliphant Rider (well, ain't that obvious? A huge lumbering beast with archers on it's back)

Khalid Oliphantslayer was famous, rich and powerful, and all came in one day. A bloody coup, many men died, and only 100 archers remained in the army - these were the ones who followed him, the others died. Died for following the old leaders, or died for beign the old leaders. Died for being stupid, unprepared and weak. Died because they didn't want to conquer Gondor and wanted to trade with them. Died because they didn't expect Khalid Oliphantslayer to attack their tents with a small army of Oliphants and archers.

Now was a day of new glory for Near Harad. Warriors raised their bows in a salute. The new capital was named by the local people Ghartakpra, but even Khalid, despite hating Gondor, had to copy their city name and name his capital Minas Harad. It was easier to pronounce, though Khalid was still unsettled with havign to copy the "Minas" part, so he decided to calm himself by executing some more village elders and raising the Haradrim army.

Orders:
- Create UU: Oliphant Rider (grows by 10?)
- Raise 300 Infantry.
- Try to increase economy.
- Atempt to expand to northwest to take control over Umbar before these parasitical pirates will take it for themselves.

100 infatry.
Where Harad is? add a map :)

I don't know about oliphants so searly... so for now it cost a lot (2 economies) and grow by 10.

South from the port of Umbar, south-west from Mordor. I just thought you know...

First update comes tommorow 7PM my time.
Orders are accepted from NOW. Also for new countries.

Top Bottom