USS California CGN

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright

Attachments

• californiacgn preview.gif
    californiacgn preview.gif
    137.4 KB · Views: 4,109
Very COOL, i like your ships. I hope you make a russian series, too. I want to replace the original ships (Destroyer, Battleship, Cruiser) with yours. :goodjob:

Dude.. you got the competition whipped. :whipped:
This may or may not go into my mod since I always have liked ships. Probably will.... I'd Give it a high bombard a range of three or four and a highish attack. What tewch would you get this beast with? Smart weapons, maybe? I dunno.

Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad it's to people's liking. I guess I would have Rocketry be the required tech. Although this class was not the first guided missile cruisers, they were around before the AEGIS ships.

"Dude.. you got the competition whipped."
I don't think I would go that far. There are many great artists on this forum. But, with that said, friendly competition, if it does exist here, benefits the community with us pushing to keep getting better.

I may do the Kirov, a Russian Battlecruiser, but that will be a ways away. I will be building the model for that myself. But first, I'm revisiting my modern Iowa, and reworking it a little.

Awsome:goodjob:

Woah that's cool. Does it have cannons too or just missles?

"...Does it have cannons too or just missles?"

If you look closely at the second attack animation, right after the ASROC clears the bow, you will see the forward cannon firing.

I'm not sure, like I said , I'm going to revisit my Iowa BB, maybe do a revision of it. I would like to do the Kirov, but with that, I'm going to have to make that model. I don't want to give out a list of units, and then commit myself to a huge project. I do these models for fun, and because I want to improve my game. So, nothing firm is on the table right now.

vingrjoe,

Could you spend some time to add civ color to your Iowa? I really like your Iowa, and want it to replace original battleship in civ3. The problem is, she doesn't have civ color.

jade 8880, that will be one of the issues I will be addressing with it.

I just sat and wathced the animation for about five minutes.... the death is really cool.

Made me think that the bombbard ranges of the vanilla units are too low...

Frigate: 2
Iron Clad: 2
Destroyer: 3
Cruiser: 4
Battleship: 6
Aegis: 5
California: 8

Top Bottom