New units: three helicopters

BeBro

King of the Krauts
So here are the helis I made for the Falkland scn:

- Puma transport heli, built in France, used by the Argentines
- Westland Lynx multi purpose heli used by the Brits
- Westland Seaking (a copy of the US Seaking built under license in the UK)

DL: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Helis01.zip (ca. 1,5mb)

Both British helis have the color scheme of the Royal Navy in the early 80ies. One thing I should mention too is that the Puma and the Seaking lack attack anims, since I planned to use them only for transport purposes, like they were used most of the time during the conflict. They could have been equipped with mgs or rocket pods for fire support, but the attack anim in Civ is only played in aerial combat (when enemy fighters intercept your heli) where those mgs or rockets would be nearly useless, so I left them out. The Lynx has a missile attack anim although it shows a Sea Skua anti-ship missile ;)

Gif Anims in the next posts.

Attachments

• helis01.jpg
    helis01.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5,388
Puma default

Attachments

• puma_def.gif
    puma_def.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 5,238
Seaking death

Attachments

• seaking_death.gif
    seaking_death.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 5,144
Yes, very nice. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Thank you BeBro. Very nice units. Now to figure out what to do with them. :lol:

Well, at least one could use them as flavor units (heli replacement) in the original game, eg. the Puma for France, the Seaking for the Brits ;)

Nice work BeBro!! :goodjob:
I'm looking forward to giving these a try.
I hope someday a heli unit of the type used in logging and commercial construction / heavy equipment transport comes our way.

I'm going to give the SeaKing to the Canadians, and then figure out a way to make it extremely expensive to maintain and extremely dangerous to fly! :D

Originally posted by BeBro
Sea king death

-seems apriprite since the helicopter is nearly 50 years old and still being used by the Canadian miltary who were suposed to get new helicopters a decade ago!

I love choppers. Now I"m thinking of making a modern mod with no planes, only choppers for aircraft and put in the cool new AA's to fight them with. Gunships are cool to mod because they have armor too so extra hitpoints depending on the model. And their range is shorter than aircraft.

So lovely are these new units. I salute you.

Originally posted by BeBro
Puma default

Yahoo ! Very :goodjob: BeBro !!

Could you please create a TIGER helicopter and a NH90 helicopter ?
TIGER is a fighting helicopter and NH90 the new transport helicopter for army ...

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Top Bottom