New units: three helicopters

If we make a heli unit and remove the 'inmobile' flag, it should be able to move around like ground unit both on land and on sea, and can attack, but just can't take cities.
But I am afraid this will make tank useless.

I think choppers are much better off used as aircraft not land and they are fun to shoot down. Just make them shorter distance and/or more damage with higher hitpoints and a little lower air defense and little or no air attack. Then the ai will use them. If you make them a land unit then the ai must choose to either build the 'chopper which can't fly' or a tank but not both based on highest attack stat plus it is really dumb that a chopper can block land units from moving and can't go over water :rolleyes: Also give air chopper a small transport ability to drop off troops depending on chopper like hind, blackhawk and these carry troops but not apache or new russian attack chopper :)

I love choppers!!

Superb work! Thanks!

Im searching for a new UH-1 unit for vietnam scenarios, cause these old Huey isn't beautiful over all. A little Bird (Hughes 500MD or i think its called OH-58 ???) would be nice, too

Does anyone know where to find these units ?

Fencer said:
Im searching for a new UH-1 unit for vietnam scenarios, cause these old Huey isn't beautiful over all. A little Bird (Hughes 500MD or i think its called OH-58 ???) would be nice, too

Does anyone know where to find these units ?
To my knowlage they haven't been made yet

I have a reason to bump this thread...

And now you Will Read it.

The Seaking Inspired me to fiddle with the Editor.. to make a Dedicated Anti Submarine Warefare Helicopter! So I Set it to Air Unit, Detect Indvisible, Immobile, and Radar. Now it finds all Subs in a two Square Radius. Now you're brobably all going 'Yeah, so?' Well, after extensive testing I have realized that while even loaded into a Carrier the 'Copter will detect subs, as to simulate Active Patrols :D

Anyway, I gave it Bombad Stats of something like (10.0.4) so that it could kill a sub in one attack. For the Charges I set the Victory(Bombing) Line in the Ini to ..\Stealth Fighter\StealthFighterBomb.flc and I made my own sound, which Is attached below along with a pedia icon for the Seaking.

I'm Amazing :D

Attachments

• charges.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 97
*SIGH* The Unit Creators (And everyone esle) Post their works here for people to use So you don't need to ask for permission.

577517 said:
Can I use your units to make my mod.

I think that it's not a problem for BeBro if you use his unit but put just a credit for him in your mod ... :)

Sure you can use it in that way, just set it up in the editor like the standard civ heli. ;)

nice units!

Top Bottom