TYWmap

Civvin

Warlord
I've noticed that several people are making TYW or HRE scenarios, so I decided to make this map available. Been sort of dabbling with a tyw scenario myself inbetween finishing up my other project.

This map was drawn by hand using several online resources as guides, its not perfect but fairly good I think. It is fairly sizeable, but necessary if you are going to put a decent amount of historical details, countries, etc, into your scenario.

Map is 80 x 170 as it is, and south edge is just north of the swiss/alps region, basically you can stick vienna close to south edge, paris on the west, helsinki on the east edge (though this is a bit of a stretch), might want to use map tweaker to extend this map south a bit depending on what your needs are.

Used plains to 'shape' some coast areas. Rivers are fairly accurate though I placed my cities in perspective to one another and afterwards drew the rivers in so you may need to adjust. Mountains and hills might need to be tweaked, I used topographic maps but there is a certain degree of randomness, in locations.

Deleted everything from map, resources, roads, etc., fully ready to tweak and mod.

IF YOU WISH TO HAVE THIS MAP WITH CITIES PLACED ON IT, CHECK DOWN A FEW POSTS AND BE SURE TO READ THE INFO BEFORE DOWNLOADING IT.

Attachments

• tywbycivvin.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 794
heres a screenie to give idea of size perspective, ignore the cities and stuff the map comes blank.

Attachments

• clipboard01.jpg
    clipboard01.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 2,518
very interesting... i'll have to try this one some time soon!

but first: which irrigation set are you using? they look incredible! and the borders are quite good too. they look more "natural" than all others i've seen so far :)

very very cool...
has been looking for a map like this in long time...
but can you please post one with resources and the citys you've placed????

per your request POLM here is the map with cities and such on it

BE WARNED......

if you download this and play as is the game will crash, as I mentioned I was dabbling around with 30 years war ideas and there are 3 or 4 units in the editor that dont come with the game you will have to edit these out. Also the buildings are renamed and have different stats, for example I have buildings that produce units to work around the fact that the ai will not build units just cause they are in game/unit flag limitations.

Best bet is to import this map into a new file with the standard ruleset, you may also have to import playas or reset them (change civ names) in your new file.

Another disclaimer....

I used a lot of historical maps I found online and tried to place cities really accurately, however you will find some places where they might not be just so, also the germany map I had was for a couple centuries later and some names might be off a bit.

Theres some areas where cities are pretty tight, some minor towns can easily be taken out as per your preference, other areas such as Mainz,Frankfort, Darmstadt region you will see fairly hard to take out cities as they are major towns of the time.
I figured out the map would have to be enormous to avoid this issue so I just left it alone.

Theres no cities in the portion of Hungary I show on the map, those desert tiles are there because I edited the desert irrigation to spell out 'Turkish Domains', obviously you wont have that irrigation file so just fill that desert in with something else, but thats why its there.

Also theres not really any lux resources on the map besides fur, wine, and dyes and I tossed them in at random jsut cause I was testing some stuff.

With that said here it is....

EDIT: one more thing, the civ selection and city assignments are based off of a map showing the religious situation at the start of the 30 years war, obviously it isnt perfect, and theres some license taken in certain areas for different reasons, just so you are aware of this and might want to change things around.

Attachments

• twy6.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 188
TYW?

Ah, thanks.

Top Bottom