Game Settings Extractions

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
I have seen a few requests for getting the world seed out of save games (seeing as the 'play last world' and 'world seed' options were added to conquests).

So I decided to automate this via a utility. The attached utility will allow the user to get the world settings out of C3C, PTW and Vanilla Civ (1.29f only) saves.

Note: To extract the details from non-scenario C3C games, you will need to have conquest installed (so that the utility can read data from the conquests.BIQ file).

Please let me know if you find any bugs (I didn't put overly robust error handling in, and didn't exhaustively test it on all versions and scenarios). You can e-mail me with problematic saves to: cfcgotm@civgmail.com

Or upload them in this thread. :)

Edit: New version 1.0.2 attached.

Version History:
v1.0.0: Original Release (removed after 230 downloads)
v1.0.1: (removed after 348 downloads)
Fixed problem with mistaken identification of GOTM files.
Fixed problem failing to read base Conquests games.
v1.0.2: Added ability to export settings to a text file.

For those of you who don't want to download the full setup pack, you can instead just download the new .exe. :)

Awesome! I will definately use this, as I want to try the GGF1 map on an actually hard difficulty (emperor for this map). Thanks Ainwood!

this utility is great thank you very much :thanx:

:hmm: it doesn't seem to be able to read C3C 1.15 beta saves, it says "failed reading save file"

:lol: good tool!

but wierd stuff: i opened an old SP file which i once tweaked a bit to make a 20k-city-victory possible and it game me the error message "surely you wouldn't have thought that you could get GOTM spoiler info by using this utility, would you".
as i don't play GOTM... no, i didn't think ;)

anyway, it seems you criteria for defining GOTM saves are a bit too broad :)

looking especially forward to the trade assist for c3c :)

sabrewolf said:
:lol: good tool!

but wierd stuff: i opened an old SP file which i once tweaked a bit to make a 20k-city-victory possible and it game me the error message "surely you wouldn't have thought that you could get GOTM spoiler info by using this utility, would you".
as i don't play GOTM... no, i didn't think ;)

anyway, it seems you criteria for defining GOTM saves are a bit too broad :)

looking especially forward to the trade assist for c3c :)
Can you send me a copy of that file, please?

here it is.

although i usually play emperor level, i thought i had to go back to a lower level to get a 20k city victory. also, i enhanced the city location a bit and moved the starting location. i presume that makes your extractor think it's something else

Attachments

• 20k.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 696
Looks interesting. Is there any chance of doing a C/C++ library or better yet an ActiveX version of this?

Just asking as I've been meaning to get around to building a PBeM management site and this'd be really useful for it to read out turn numbers, game rules, next player etc. information when .SAV files come in.

He ainwood, savior of the map seed seekers! :)

I ask you for a FEATURE - to be able to save the Seed and Settings as a standard plain vanilla .txt file.

This would be really great. It would be worth a small wonder, ainwood's world seed extractor utility -> makes 1 citizen (Longasc) happy. ;)

Outputting to a text file would be great (especially if it can be automated) if COM is too hard.

Do Longsac and I have to go in search of a (scientific) great leader to pass on to hurry this one up?

Thanks a lot, it works great - and looks like this:

D:\Civilization\Conquests\Saves\Cleopatra of the Egyptians.sav

Barbarians: ROAMING.

Climate: NORMAL.

LandForm: CONTINENTS.

Map Size: HUGE.

Ocean Coverage: 70%.

Temperature: WARM.

World Age: 4 BILLION YEARS.

World seed: 2100160304

PLAYERS:
Egypt (Human player)
Inca
Maya
America
Aztecs
Iroquois
Rome
Greece
France
England
India
Persia
Babylon
Scandinavia
Japan
Byzantines

no more typing - thanks, ainwood! (+1 happy citizen) :goodjob:

ainwood,
i generated a large map, but with just 8 players (instead of 12). your GSE extracted the information from the game, but it wasn't completely equal. geography was perfectly matching, but starting locations and some resources were different. i presume this comes from the number of players.

so i changed the rules that large has only 8 players... and there... the map was even closer, but still not a match! i then gave up when trying to find the right minimal starting distance between civs. and maybe it's another reason

now my question: do you think it's possible that your tool can extract all data for creating the exact match? what other factors could be infuencing the resource and SL placement?

Top Bottom