Test of Time and XP

Lonexwolf

Chieftain
Hi all,

I just upgraded my PC to Windows XP. I find I can no longer play CivII Test of Time. I can play Civ II but not Test of Time eeeeek.

It gives me the little 'loading' box then stops and comes up with something like 'problem with Civ2.ICD'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Lonewolf.

This is too funny! I also just changed to XP. In my case TOT loads and plays for a while. Then either the computer locks up or it does a reboot. I have learned to save after every three or four moves and after each turn. Does anyone know of anything that will help Lonexwolf or myself. It really is frustrating.

Lonexwolf said:
Hi all,

I just upgraded my PC to Windows XP. I find I can no longer play CivII Test of Time. I can play Civ II but not Test of Time eeeeek.

It gives me the little 'loading' box then stops and comes up with something like 'problem with Civ2.ICD'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Lonewolf.
Dude same thing happens to me? Did you find anyway round it?? :confused:

Did you try playing without animations? I remember having read somewhere that the sprites were not that stable.

happy_Alex said:
Bit of a disappointment though ! :sad:

What kind of disappointment? Do you mean ToT is not the improvement of Civ2 you expected, or it is not running as smoothly under XP as with the previous Win version?

Titi said:
What kind of disappointment? Do you mean ToT is not the improvement of Civ2 you expected, or it is not running as smoothly under XP as with the previous Win version?

Not the improvement! the graphics are to dark and clunky. Its less easier to use a bit...

Do you fancy a game

happy_Alex said:
the graphics are to dark and clunky.

In that case, you should go to the downloads section or to Cedric's site and replace the ToT graphics by the standard Civ2 graphics (sorry, I don't remember exactly where I found it)

I shall attempt to undergo this course of action. Should it fail however, I will be extremely unpleasant.

Could I have some help please. I have the same problem as the guy who started this thread after changing compatibility settings and installing the patch. I am on Windows XP Pro.

Could I have some help please. I have the same problem as the guy who started this thread after changing compatibility settings and installing the patch. I am on Windows XP Pro.

Are you running the game under another log in besides the original "Admin" one? It may be a windows permission issue.

Are you running the game under another log in besides the original "Admin" one? It may be a windows permission issue.

I am trying to run it under the orginal admin user currently, I haven;t tried it on the others users yet as i wanted to check it worked in the first place on the administrator one.

Most info about 64 bit OS's is in the very first thread, dealing with the patch.

Top Bottom