Using a CD audio track emulator to remove final MGE CD reliance hurdle

Hello. New user here. I'm trying to catch up with both this thread and CIV2UIA. It's been a very long time since I was investigating how to get Civ 2 music working correctly. Does using both this patched version of the exe and wav files alongside the CIV2UIA wrapper mean that the game will operate as it originally did in Windows 95 with music and all or just that it works like a jukebox?
are you talking about the file that I posted?This is a full-fledged game file for the latest version of the MGE game, which has added the ability to play music tracks in the game itself. The track is played on a new human player's turn or when left-clicking on the map
I think it needs to be moved to a separate topic

Yes, I gather your patch was a solution to the question the OP was asking. So if I understand right, the music ought to auto-play and you don't have to make an explicit music selection from the menu, right? And it's been decades since I played the game on Win98; this is the music behavior from the original release with the CD inserted?

Yes, I gather your patch was a solution to the question the OP was asking. So if I understand right, the music ought to auto-play and you don't have to make an explicit music selection from the menu, right? And it's been decades since I played the game on Win98; this is the music behavior from the original release with the CD inserted?
The music will be selected randomly after completing the previous track, either on a new turn, or by clicking the left mouse button on the map
The last three tracks are additional, all the rest are from the game Civ2MGE

Ok thank you. It doesn't actually do that on my install. No music until I explicitly open up Game->Pick Music. It also stops playing if I tab away from the game and tab back in. I'm using FoxAhead's UI patch if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Ok thank you. It doesn't actually do that on my install. No music until I explicitly open up Game->Pick Music. It also stops playing if I tab away from the game and tab back in. I'm using FoxAhead's UI patch if that makes any difference.
You apparently did not carefully read all the requirements that need to be done for playback (edit the rules.txt file)
here is a ready-made option
just move all the files from the archive to the game folder

Top Bottom