Eliminate pollution ect.

bloodybuddy said:
is thier a way to turn off pollution?

is thier a way i can make the map flat?

Using the editor you can turn off pollution for all of the improvements that cause pollution.

To make the map flat use the editor and under Map in the Menu Bar. Uncheck both "Allow X-Wrapping" and "Allow Y-Wrapping".

You will still have +1 pollution point for every size your city is above size 12. You could set the hospital (and other wonders) to negative pollution. That actually works! (I guess it uses the pollution for energy or something, like a waste incinerator. I rode past one yesterday in the city, so that's what I thought of. :))

Better is to find both hospitals and factories in the editor and set them to reduce both population and shield pollution, then find the numerical value for pollution at the top and set it to -2. Building either will then reduce pollution to a maximum of 2, then subtracts two. Voila, no pollution, unless you start building airports in size 4 cities with no factories. If you expect to do that, of course, then just set the pollution modifier for all buildings to zero or less, and there's pretty much no way you can pollute. Which is nice.

Chieftess said:
You will still have +1 pollution point for every size your city is above size 12. You could set the hospital (and other wonders) to negative pollution. That actually works! (I guess it uses the pollution for energy or something, like a waste incinerator. I rode past one yesterday in the city, so that's what I thought of. :))

I tried setting some improvement with negative pollution once, but then the game wouldn't load anymore. Are you sure about this?

The editor flag "remove pop polution" (mass transit) reduces population pollution to a maximum of 1, the editor flag "reduce bldg pollution" (recycling plant) reduces building pollution to a maximum of 1. One can give a building a negative level of building pollution but this will only reduce building pollution (to a minimum level of 0) and it will NOT affect population pollution.

So a level 13 city with a recycling plant and a mass transit and a hypothetical building which reduces building pollution with 100 will still have a pollution level of 1.

If you want to remove population pollution then you have to remove metropolisses from the game. This can be done in the general tab of the editor. Just increase the maximum city level from 12 to 100 and you will never have metropolisses. You probably don't want to do this and will have to live with population pollution. :(

Top Bottom