My First Unit: Cougar AVGP July 1st,'04

Dease

Be Original
My First Unit :)

The Cougar AVGP (Armoured Vehicle General Purpose) is a fast unit originally designed and produced by Canada.

I'm fairly pleased with how this unit turned out (if i found a good pic before modeling it would be better :blush: ). It took me a bit less than a week in total to make this unit (a big pause for exams in the middle though). Also, Thanks to TheMorpheus for his tutorial and help in that thread (and all the others who helped :goodjob: ).

The download includes 5 .flcs - Attack, Death, Default, Fidget, and Run. It also includes large and small pics for the civilopedia, and a units_32 image. The Cougar also has sounds included from the original game, however these are not included in the download (for a small size and possible copyright infringement), rather, they are referenced to in the .INI file. :) Finally, the readme includes all the code (pediaicons and civilopedia) needed.

Civilopedia Pic, and in-game preview-

Now with a custom attack sound! :D (sound "patch is below)
Download <750kb

Here are animated previews, note that all transparency issues, size and civ colour are correct in-game, the animated previews are just direct renderings from the animator :)
Attack

Death

Attached is a "patch" for the original file, simply extract to the Cougar folder and overwrite everything prompted (should only be the .ini) and you now have custom sounds! :D

Attachments

• CougarAttackSound.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 359
It is pretty hard to diffirentiate the Turret from the Chasis, but other than that it is very nice.

Updated the zip so that it now works ;) and it now has better civilopedia pics (with shadows) and got rid of the attachments.
For the attack I'm using the mechinfantry sound, however I need one with a rapid firing gun in the background any suggestions?

Dease said:
Updated the zip so that it now works ;) and it now has better civilopedia pics (with shadows) and got rid of the attachments.
For the attack I'm using the mechinfantry sound, however I need one with a rapid firing gun in the background any suggestions?

This is cool :) Dude, for your first unit, this is damn good! In fact, I'd say it was damn good even were it your 100th.

Disease, can you make a new tank for the Vietnam mod? I need a PT-76 (or Type 63) and a K-63. Even one of those would be grandiose cool.

Here is Type 63 based on PT-76:

K63 and PT-76 photos, specs and sketches:
http://vietnamresearch.com/armor/NVA_armor.html

I tryed combining the two files (mech infantry and the machinegun) but it somehow got messed :( the file wont play right in civ3 so heres the file: if you can figure it out, be my guest in fixing it, lol its 11:31 though and im tired. Just thought i might try to get a sound file before i go to sleep lol. I did my best lol... well mabey not, but i dont feel like working on this right now. Good luck!

Note: Dont worry, I made so that the machine gun should sound like its overlapping in the backround, no spaces :D

Attachments

• Attacksound.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 266
This is good stuff! Are you sure this is your first unit, or are you hiding something....
Just kidding.

@Corn Shucker -
What do you use to mix sounds? I use a program called Audacity and the sounds almost always work in-game.

I use Creative WaveStudio. It usurally always works, i used it to compile the sounds for kindred's spy/private dick too. I dont know whats up and i dont feel like fixing it. I checked to make sure it was converted right too. It might just be my game, would anyone do me the favor in checking it in they're game? Thanks

@Itchyfeet - Woah, slow down there I'm not gonna take requests until I think I'm good enough ;), I did a tank for my first unit because they seem to be the easiest. I've about to start a Renaissance arquebusier ;) , then I plan to do some sort of mounted unit, an THEN I may do some requests. So it won't be for the first release of your scenario :D
@Corn Shucker - Thanks alot :goodjob: I played it in winamp and it's exactly what I'm looking for :D I'll try it out ingame soon.
@Muffins - :lol: :lol: :lol: :satan:
@Mr. Will - Nope I just read A LOT of tutorials and took a lot of time (especially when animating)

EDIT: nope it sounds like a short burst of static in game :(

I downloaded a sound editor and made a custom sound myself :D it's a combo of a machinegun and mechinfantry attack. It's attached to the bottom of the first post :)

Question: are the bullets sounds in time with the animation flashes? Also i think the problem may have been the machine gun sound, now that i think, that happend to me before, all i did was got a new sound. Goin with the old marine machine gun sound eh? lol

Corn Shucker said:
Question: are the bullets sounds in time with the animation flashes? Also i think the problem may have been the machine gun sound, now that i think, that happend to me before, all i did was got a new sound. Goin with the old marine machine gun sound eh? lol

For the sound I joined the machinegun sound from the Vietnam war scenario and the MechInfantry gun sound. as for being in time with the flashes, didn't test that much but they should be close and it's better than the mechinfantry sound only :D

yes :D i would agree it sounds better with than without--its from the vietnam war scenario? It sounds shockingly close to the marine machine gun sound... :hmm:

Top Bottom