ShadowSword Super-Heavy Tank (15th July 2004)

muffins

Lemon scented
The ShadowSword super-heavy tank from the Warhammer 40,000 world

The ShadowSword is a super-heavy class of tank based upon the BaneBlade chassis. It serves in the Imperial Guard as a titan-killer and is equiped with a defence laser/volcano cannon for this (a weapon so large it is usually mounted in ground installations or titans).

However, due to their Void sheilds, a ShadowSword cannot take out a titan alone and must be supported by lighter units that can knock down and keep down a titan's Void sheilds. Only when the sheilds are down can a ShadowSword deliver a killer shot to a titan.

The only other weapons that a ShadowSword has are the heavy-bolters on the side sponsoons. Instead of lascannons in the side turrets the ShadowSword has targeters instead.

The unit includes pedia pics, units32 but no sound

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/ShadowSword.zip 1.8mb

EDIT: I FORGOT THE INI FILE! :) Stick this in the ShadowSword unit folder

Thanks to Kal-el and Zulu for posting pics that I could model from :goodjob:

Attachments

• PediaBIG.gif
    PediaBIG.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 6,407
Let me be the first to say w0000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!

Fire the Laser!

The BaneBlade post has it right - no amount of adjectives describes this kind of work properly. It just plain rocks. I'd still like more textures but I'm a weirdo. What's next on the list? StormSword? Maybe some Space Marines? You just have to keep going!

Once again muffins, you've outdone yourself! That unit is crazy! IMO, I like it better than the Baneblade, it's a little less huge looking. But still, great job!

Great Work Muffins :smoke: :thanx:
:beer: [party] :band: :banana: :bounce: :rockon:
[offtopic] Though your download is missing the INI.File. :sad:

muffins said:
You're probably wondering why the laser has recoil when photons have no mass ... er ... that's because ... er ... it shoots heavy photons called 'bloatons' ... er ... yeah, that's it :)

Don't worry. Photons don't have a rest mass, but AFAIR my studies in particle physics they have a momentum.
So recoil might be OK.
For a lot of photons.
I mean a really big bunch.
Might be.

I would make the death anim easier to spot. Like one of the tracks bustnign or something. Easy to miss one of your tanks getting lost otherwise.
Great work by the way. Your tanks are the best looking out of all Civs tanks.

:goodjob: Absolutely marvellous unit :goodjob:

Now if I only could find some decent sounds for it too.

It's a nice unit, although I don't like the attack animation :p

The gun is called a Volcano Cannon, and I always pictured it as firing a continuous beam

Another Wonderful tank... There certainly are a lot of Warhammer units coming out lately... Not complaining or anything :D

When you do it great you do it awesome! Thanks for another great tank Muffins!!!!!!

This tank could fit well in a near future game (loks similar to other modern tanks, has the right colour scheme for desert combat).

Great! Nice job, I like the entire series you've done

Top Bottom