Warhound Titans (30th June 2004)

muffins

Lemon scented
EDIT: I've released the Warhound models on post 38 (page two) for whoever wants them :goodjob:
Two Imperial Warhound Titans

What's a Titan? Think of it as a mech ... only less girly :D

The Warhound is the baby of the Imperial Titan family and is used by the Titan Legions as a scout. A Warhound Titan is still big enough to step on your tank and squash it flat though :D

The Warhound is protected by only two Void Sheilds but makes up for that with its' speed. I recomend that you give it 2 bonus hitpoints in the editor (to simulate the Void Sheilds), Blitz and a movement of 3.

I've attached two huge 350k animated gif preview pics to this thread ... sorry guys :p ... but I strongly believe that ALL unit threads should come with full previews, especially if the unit zips are big, so that people know what they are getting if they choose to download.

... I can't be the only one here who spent 20 minutes downloading the XCom troops - only to delete them after seeing the animations :rolleyes:

Both come with Run, Default, Fidget, Fortify, Attack1, Attack2, Attack3, Victory and Death animations.

They also come with sound, Pedia pics and units32 :goodjob:

Attachments

• WarHound1.jpg
    WarHound1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4,264
This first Warhound is armed with two autocannons and is idealy used against infantry, light and medium armour.

2.85 mb

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/warhound_titan.zip

As always, if you want to see the preview animation run at in-game speed then right-click it, save it to your hard-drive and open the saved gif with 'image preview'.

Ths Warhound Titan is equiped with a plasmacannon and twin volcano cannons (ultra-heavy lasercannons) and is best suited for use against heavy armour and other titans.

2.55 mb

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/plasma_warhound.zip

Want to see the preview run at in-game speed? Save it to your hard-drive and open it with 'image preview'

Everything you make is awesome! Lovin it! Maybe we could put a flamethrower on the next one??????

Fantastic Work Muffins :goodjob:
Your the :king: of 40K

Nice, and both with blastgun and megabolters :)
Do we get a version for urban assault too?

This Warhammer stuff is pretty awesome. I hope you keep going with this. Warhammer 40K Mod here we come!

*chanting* MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS! MUFFINS!

YEA MUFFINS YOU DID IT AGAIN! I would download this right away but sadly I am at my grandmothers house *puke*.

Great job man..... SEND IN THE BIPEDAL ROBOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

muffins said:
... I can't be the only one here who spent 20 minutes downloading the XCom troops - only to delete them after seeing the animations

Hmm.. what's wrong with the animations? Have you seen them in game?

Unless animations are severely distorted (like some of my earlier units) glitches and such are hard to detect in game.

Neomega said:
Hmm.. what's wrong with the animations? Have you seen them in game?

Unless animations are severely distorted (like some of my earlier units) glitches and such are hard to detect in game.
I apologise if you're the author of the XCom infantry :) but have a look below to see what I mean. My very first infantry unit (and only my 3rd ever unit) ran better than that :lol:

Imagine the situation - I'm spending 20 minutes downloading some units with great looking pedia pics ... and I can't wait. I'm rubbing my hands in glee, remembering all the great years I spent playing the Xcom games, and I'm thinking "these are gonna be brilliant! I can't wait!!!"

And when the download finishes and I flick open the animations to see how great they are and ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

On the plus side, the Xcom tanks are ok :goodjob:

Attachments

• XcomRun.gif
    XcomRun.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 3,399
muffins said:
I apologise if you're the author of the XCom infantry :) but have a look below to see what I mean. My very first infantry unit (and only my 3rd ever unit) ran better than that :lol:

On the plus side, the Xcom tanks are ok :goodjob:

they aren't mine, they are actually BeBro's units. But I assure you, in game, the units look like they are running, and you would have to put the game in slow motion, and zoom in, to see any error in the animation.

Another awesome unit, BTW. The Warhound.

Top Bottom