Warhammer Mod 2.0 Preview

embryodead

Caliph
Introduction
This mod will be a result of almost 2 years work. The first version of Warhammer mod released back in 2003 turned out to be one of the most popular mods on CFC. The second version has been made from scratch for Conquests expansion and has taken months of graphics making, editing and testing. It has been work of many people, who consciously or not, have taken part in creation of this mod, so that now I have to prepare a huge thanks list for the release ;)

Factions
There are 25 playable factions, including elves, dwarfs, undead, orcs & goblins, lizardmen, forces of chaos and numerous human kingdoms and tribes. Factions have their own unit sets as well as different features such as disease immunity, ability to sacrifice workers, mobilise to war, use specific citizens or build improvements or wonders not available to others. By usage of fixed governments, factions like or hate each other depending on their alliegance. Therefore, playing High Elves, you may expect to be hated by chaotic tribes from the very beginning and have extreme diffilcuties when dealing with goblin or orc resistors. Most factions have custom leaderheads made specially for this mod.

Units
There are over 300 units, including numerous units made specially for this mod. Some of them are shared by groups of factions, some are unique to one, specific kingdom or tribe. Units chosen for this mod are assured to be top quality, not just in terms of graphics, but sounds as well. It took many days to edit sounds for every single unit in the mod, so that they are suitable and synchronised. You will also find completly new units, not released seperately yet (previews will follow).

Advances
Large and logical tech tree is what makes games long and interesting. Warhammer mod has 93 researchable advances spanning over four eras, supported by many advances allowing civ- or group-specific tree branches, handled in a neat way, not seen before in Civ3 mods. In other words, the tech tree will look different, depending on the faction you play, not just in terms of units, but also advances providing specific abilities, worker actions, buildings and wonders.

Civilopedia
Huge civilopedia provides complete game information as well as background history taken from the Warhammer world.

Mod variations and scenarios
Together with the mod, you will receive its varations (ie. winter mod, with slight differences in available factions, units and resources) and a set of semi-random maps (based on random maps, but edited to be more entertaining, ie. with suitable starting locations, landmarks and special resources). Maps and scenarios based on Warhammer world will follow the mod soon after its release.

Release date
This preview is way too late since the mod is almost done. Expect the release during the first week of August.

The biggest kudos go to aaglo, who created dozens of quality Warhammer-specific war machines and ships (those who remember Man O'War should recognise them):

Attachments

• WFM_aaglo.jpg
    WFM_aaglo.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 16,414
Another person that added immerse amount of Warhammer feel to the mod is Kinboat. Without him, the Lizardman civ would not be possible, as he created the Leaderhead, numerous Skink and Saurus units, Slann, Stegadon and Terradon. Cold One Rider and Kroxigor units were made by me but using Kinboat's 3D models. Turtles are by aaglo, Carnosaur is a converted PTW Allosaur.

Attachments

• WFM_Lizardmen.jpg
    WFM_Lizardmen.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16,797
These creatures are animated stone statues guarding temple entrances in the lands of Nippon and Cathay.

Attachments

• TempleDog.gif
    TempleDog.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 14,372
Blood Dragon (a vampire, the most advanced unit available to Lahmians)

Attachments

• BloodDragon.gif
    BloodDragon.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 14,975
I can't wait. Thanks a lot. The original is just great and this looks so much better!

Gisli

Blood for the blood god,
Skulls for the skull throne.

I have to admit that I'm almost drooling over my keyboard right now. :drool: Looks fantastic!

Excellent work I can't wait to play and compare it to my fantasy mod! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Looks class! Can't wait to play it! Awesome stuff E.D.!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks excellent :) Just curious - what size will the dl-file have?

Installer will be under 300 MB :p

and here's new unit, Amazon Rider

Attachments

• AmazonRider.gif
    AmazonRider.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 14,235
Oh Excellent. I can't wait.. .then you can help me on the WH40K mod!

looks awsome:goodjob:

Top Bottom