New Unit: African Pikeman | August 12, '04

Dease

Be Original
An African Pikeman (anyone with a good civiopedia entry please post it)

The zip includes an Attack, Death, Default, Fidget, Fortify, Run, and Victory, the readme includes all the code needed to add the unit in your game. No custom sounds :( but the .ini refers to the firaxian sounds. It also comes with both civilopedia pics and a units_32 image.

And now to the previews! :D
civilopedia and ingame-

Animated :D:D (now working ;) )

Download <700kb

Very good, first to post too!:D EDIT:Not exactly :hmm:

Nice death and victory anim.:D Your units are getting better and better!

Thanks for this unit Dease, african/zulu-units are still much needed!

Thanks for the interest everyone! :goodjob:

I'd like to point out that the animated preview is a bit different ingame, this is because upon testing this unit ingame I realized that 1. it was too dark 2. he was too small and 3. civcolour wasn't noticable on many directions so I had to re-render and redo everything to fix it. so those three faults in the animated preview are all corrected ingame, although all other faults are still there (if there ARE any :mischief: )

R8XFT said:
Looks great! Thanks very much for doing this! Any plans for any other African units? I could do with a settler and worker y'know...

:wow: ummm..... a settler and a worker eh? WAY too many animations for those, and very complex, for now I'll leave the complex units for Kinboat to do :mischief: also animating humans in openfx is quite annoying due to the fixed views so my next unit won't be human, just for a break from animating ;)

Dom Pedro II said:
Ugh! You had to release this after I started a new game?!

Looks really good! :goodjob: I'll put it in the mod ASAP.
:lol: It's an evil plan to make sure that you're always working :p :satan:

I'm also planning to play a good game of totally unmodded civ tonight :cool: , just to relax. The Zulu will fall no matter what! (they annoy me, I can't beleive I made a unit for them ;) )

300th post yay! custom avatar here I come! [dance] :cooool: [dance]

Dom Pedro II said:
Unmodded civ is painful to play. It's like flavorless ice cream without any sugar.

Word. :p

Great unit,... I'm dl'ing now. Think I may use him as an Aztec & Mayan pike
as well, due both to the lack of one and because your pike looks like he's
wearing jaguar hide. :goodjob:

Excellent. By coincidence, I was looking for a unit exactly like this right now. Thank you!

I encourage anyone to make more African units.

Dom Pedro II said:
Unmodded civ is painful to play. It's like flavorless ice cream without any sugar.
YUM!
(Actually I agree but all the mods that interest me are either 1. not finished R&R, TET's 362x362 limited cities map etc.. or 2. way too large for me to play SOE, TET's M&M etc...)

Anyway, I updated the download with a little correction to the civilopedia entry in the readme :)

frenchman said:
:goodjob: I like particurlaly the moves which are very fluids ...
Thanks! that was my main goal :D

nice unit! if this is your 3rd one, we are going to see some 'really' marvellous units coming up ...
some little criticism: i think it's the victory anim, where the pikeman raises his hand in the typical western military way. shouldn't he better stomp his feed or do a little war dance or something?? maybe an idea for some other unit.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rockon: JANANANA! JANANANA! JAAA! JANANANA! :rockon: Oh man, Man! If I were still doing the GEAM I would DL this in aheartbeat. Whats next, Deaseroo?

Goldflash said:
Whats next, Deaseroo?
Well, at least it's not disease anymore ;)

A tank (yes another one but I wanted to focus more on modeling and less on animating) but it has a very unique design so it shouldn't blend in with all the others created.

bluebox said:
some little criticism: i think it's the victory anim, where the pikeman raises his hand in the typical western military way. shouldn't he better stomp his feed or do a little war dance or something?? maybe an idea for some other unit.

I think that your talking about the fidget (where it almost looks like he's saluting) when I was doing the anim I was thinking that he was wiping his forehead (since he is wearing elephant hide on his head :crazyeye: )

Top Bottom