StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

dont worry; take care of oyurself, keep you face clean, and use soem of those pads that supposedlly clean your face and keep you acne free (I myself used a littl einnovation, and used a makeshift tool to almost :gouge" the black heads; formative pimples out) all this shoudl keep you acen free; but I can onyl speak from my own experince, and for all i knwo, you might be the demitological exac topposite of me, so it might not work; i hope you the best though (unless you put off the update; I'm eager to see soem tartessian glory :p)

Update 6: 1400 BCE

In Europe, the Picts develop siege weapons, they call them catapults. These enormous machines consist of a wooden base, with an arm to hurl a stone a great distance. The arm is powered by a twisted hemp cord that acts as a spring–once drawn back, the arm will arc up and forward, hurling the stone that it carries quite a long distance.

Despite the use of these weapons, though, the walls of the Irenii manage to hold up under the heavy bombardment, and the planned storm of the city is not undertaken. They are close to collapsing, though.

Tartessos and its allies are engaged in a furious fight for the destiny of the Italian peninsula. The two armies in this vast battle, the Sea Peoples and the Allemange, meet at the small village of Cremona on the River Po, the great Allemanii general Arminius marching unexpectedly quickly, eager to engage the Sea People’s host. The Tartessians draw up in a typical fashion, spears to the front and bows to the back, but a crucial portion of their line seemed to be missing–the Italian troops were still on the march, and were not in the formation.

Not to be deterred, the Tartessians order their Greek mercenaries forward, who engage the enemy in a light skirmish, but not enough to seriously damage the Allemange line. Then the spearmen engage their Allemange counterparts. The third part of the plan was for the marines to maneuver into position to outflank the enemy line, but this is thwarted by maneuvers of the Allemange light horse. The great leader Arminius leads most of the cavalry, and cleverly draws the attention of the marines with his light horse while crashing into its flank with his cataphracts. This leaves an entire flank of the Tartessian army ruined, but the remanding Greeks in conjunction with their archers fend off further attacks (barely).

The central block of spears is on the verge of collapse when almost miraculously, the Italian troops arrive and crash into the Allemange line, devastating them and destroying their ability to attack further for a while, at least.

Casualties: Tartessos: 500 UU, 200 spearmen, Tyhrennia: 200 spearmen, Italians: 200 spearmen, Allemange: 500 spearmen, 100 Light Horse, 50 cataphracts

North African campaigns are started shortly after, and though Lybia falls as a nation, the overall war is a success.

The Tartessians, in the meantime, create the Olympics, an enormous event that includes competitions in racing, dueling, wrestling, bull throwing, and even mind games. Generally most of the Sea People’s Alliance shows up for the first few, and quickly Tartessos shows its dominance overall, though Italian swords and Carthaginian wrestlers gain a niche in those fields. Overall, it is a great honor to win and a great success. Research into scientific methods bring them a higher education than most.

Shang makes peace with Qin and campaigns against the Thais, not much actually happens, a little land is taken. Word has it that the Qin are being overrun by barbarians. A great new education system arises, and though they are not all educated yet, they seem to be getting there.

The Egyptians complete their great Irrigation system, and new farmland reaches its peak productivity, allowing them to spend quite a bit!

Education also rises, and foreign philosophers, particularly from Greece, come to the nation often. They also start up trade with Damot, and the gods continue to smile upon Egypt. The only bad thing in the entire realm is the slight incident cause by their attempts to settle on Crete, an Athenian isle.

Indeed, they might be glad that this has happened. Crete is in ruins, its harbors destroyed, its people demoralized. Some of the Egyptian scholars coming to the area repeat tales of a great city ruined by a wall of water from the ocean, and their nation ruined beyond all recognition...

Incidentally, in Egypt as well as all over the world, colder winters than usual are noticed, as well as dimmer skies. Some claim the end is near, but most realize the changes are minor, and accept them as the will of the gods.

The Khazars continue their campaign against the Scythians unabated, and they make great gains, smashing the fleeing horde all the way into the desert. They learn a written language from strange immigrants who come from far to the south, and the King adopts their religion as his own. Great chroniclers write down an epic that will last all of time, the Siege of Itil. This boosts their culture.

The Exiled Arabs enter the Iron Age, and adopt the Arabic writing system from the Arabs Proper in their trading. They try to expand in India, but find it a complex land with many nations. It seems they must be contented with mere trading colonies for now.

And the trading colonies themselves are not doing too well, particularly the one in the Kutch area. Dependant on trade with Harrappa, their markets are empty. It seems the Harappans have been overrun by an Iranian people called the Aryans, though not much is known about them. This results in a downturn in the Exiled Arabic economy.

The Kush.ites expand in Africa greatly, making much progress down the Nile. However, their attempts to expand in the far off land they know as India are less successful; though the colonies have been founded, their trade is cut off by blockading Arabic ships.

DIPLO:

PRICES:

For each economy:

100 Bronze Age spearmen
100 Bronze Age archers
100 Bronze Age Light Horse
100 Bronze Age UUs
10 Bronze Age Chariots
10 Bronze Age Galleys
5 catapults

300 Iron Age spearmen
300 Iron Age swordsmen
300 Iron Age archers
300 Iron Age Light Horse
300 Iron Age Horse Archers
150 Iron Age Cataphracts
300 Iron Age UUs
30 Iron Age Chariots
30 Iron Age Triremes
15 catapults

Any other stat growth: 1

OOC: The battle of Cremona can hopefully be added tomorrow, it is late...

Sorry for the lack of quality after the battle, nothing else much was happening, see...

Da mapp...

Attachments

• NNES3.0.GIF
    NNES3.0.GIF
    82.7 KB · Views: 162
Curses, I always forget something. conehead, the Orcadians collapsed, Unusually stormy weather destoryed their capital on the Orkneys and their empire collapsed, you got their lands... Or most of them.

To Qin
From Shang
Do you require any assistance against the barbarians?

Nothing for the Golden Horde?

To Barbarian Tribes
From the Golden Horde

Your tribes have no hope against us. Join us, or die in battle.

"Guuuurrrlll! get Out! Tartessian Military reforms?!"

thats right babe. All that and more, and a bag of chips.

Why the reforms in the first place Batman? You did win after all....
Well, it would eb correct to say that tartessos did indeed win; however, the win was at greatloss, and wasnt even in eenmy territory, which tartessos was pushing to counter-invade, to avange the fallen Genoan state; clearlly demonstrated was, while that the tartessians, trainedf and retriane dfor martial prowess, cannot win a battle by strictlly adhereing to a single type of trooper; for in all ways the allemegne are inferior to the tartessians except in one single area; combined arms fighting, and particurlaey with cavalry; the other big set back is that the Tartessian military demostrated combat effectivness far below the objectives the state, and the alliance at large had set for it; the main reaosn woudl be, in the tartessian veiw atleast, a lack of self-suffiency and choice, and perhaps below par trained officers...

Well alright, we see your point. But what are the reforms going to be anyway?
Th emilitary reforms ar emeant to completlly overhaul the existing tartessian military, to make it the greatest fighting force the world has ever known, and the greatest fightign force the world will ever know, period; tartessos has chosan to adopt being the nation that sets the standard, and beats that self defined standard time and agian, and be the forebeare of military trendsetting; for while Tartessos is a merchantile community, based on being affulent in trade and culture; it has become fully apperent that tartessos, by definition fo beign so afuflent and rich, must be the greatest military power in the region at least; perhaps in the world at ;arge, so that Tartessos can have thebackboen to stand agiasnt any military agressor...

so what are the reforms?

-New UU- the Contarius heavy Cataphract

The contarius is so named because of itsmain[ weapon; the 13 foot Contos Pike; a 13 foot long heavy spear, the contos is capped off in front ba foot long long blade[/b] so that the weapon itsel fit can be used from a simple thrusting lance to even a sort of sword!

However, that is hardley the biggest innovation in the Contarius; the Contairus itself is essentially the horseback evolution of the Tartessian marine; a well superblyl armed, superblly trained figtitign force meant to hold its own on any terrian; the biggest difference, is that these troops will have the huge benifit of being mounted giving them huge manuverability in the battle field....

Bu tthats not all! Oh no; tartessos ocmpletlly means it when it says that its UU is to be the very pinnacle of military perfomence; the COntarius troops are to be barded in full body armor made of iron; as are the horses; this of course, woudl wiegh them down; so to alleviate this, the tartessian contarius troops will be triane din archery as well; makign them effectivlly the heaviest of heavycavalry, adpt at either a full on charge agiasnt heavy infantry fo other cavalry; or light skirmishing with light cavalry....

The Contarius in a nut shell

heavilly armoured on bot the horse and the rider; equppied withthe finest horses and equpiment; trianed to use the heavy Contos, the sowrd, the axe, the mace and the bow the Contarius can stand in battle agiasnt everythign from cvataphracts and heavy infantry, to light horsemen, and the most determined archers; they are meant to be the pinnacle of military performence in the Modern Tartessian army.

Did I say Crete? :lol:

To: Athens

Our apologies for the fool of a scribe who wrote "Crete" rather than "Cyprus" on a plan of settlement for the Egyptian people. He has been summarily executed for idiocy.

To:Irenii
You cannot hold out much longer and it looks like your ally abandoned you, just surrender.

to Exiled Arabs:
You are BLOCADING our colonies?! I suggest you to remove the blockade or your capital will be burned to the ground!

to Aryans:
You are great and strong people we must say. We are people from far away lands called Kush. Care if we will create an emmbasy in your lands?

not to cry for nothing... I think I had 35 galleys befor I grown 30 Trirems... But I could be mistaken... got last turn stats?

@North King

can you please answer my PM? Thanks :)

The Khazars were Turkic nomads, and embraced ideals of strength - however, they were unique. From the Chinese near whom they long ago lived, they took the idea of Heavenly Mandate - albeit it was neglected by the begs, it was later put to a good use. From the Jews, who fled from repressions, they took religion and alphabet. They integrated many ideas. One of them was the idea of baghator (Khazar "brave warrior").

They were an evolution from Khazar Nomads, and a very radical, too. First of all, they were trained to fight with jatagans (curved Khazar swords) and bows, rather then spears and javelins. Perhaps more importantly, they followed a code of honor (OOC: which was very similar to the chivalric code of Western Europe, and distantly - to the Bushido Code).

The first Baghators appeared in circa 1500 BC, in the days of The Scythian War. According to the legend, one of them was the "immortal" general David Shoter-Itil (Guard of Itil), the hero of the epic Siege of Itil. He was granted immortality for being the first warrior and the second Khazar to convert to Judaism, and for leading the defences of Itil in the hard days. After Itil was relieved by his daring attack, he was wounded and disappeared, allegedly resting in the Gan Eden to wait for the Day of Judgement, when he will return to defend Itil and Judaism once again.

Numerous legends about Baghators sprung up, depicting them as honorable, mighty warriors, faithful subject and comrade, the first and last line of defenses for Khazaria and Judaism. It became a part of Khazar culture and folklore.

The real Baghators also played a large role - they were the elite of Khazar military for centuries, and the elite guard of the Khagans, allowing the coup in 1300 BC. Their presence did much to raise the morale of the warriors. They were also well-trained.

Diplo:

To: Athens

We would like to buy from you the lands in Crimea. Our ancestors once lived there, so we have a claim to it. We are willing to pay to you two economy levels in gold.

Orders:
- New (Iron Age) UU - the Baghators (see the story. Heavy cavalry armed with swords and bows, well-trained, raises morale of nearby troops. May charge without orders.) Convert as many Khazar Nomads as we could into this unit.
- Fortify the new eastern border. Build a pallisade and a network of outposts first, with a road with several stables on it leading to Itil to warn of any new invaders coming from the east. 300 spearmen, 300 archers will guard it.
- Try to buy Crimea from Athens for two economy.
- Continue wonder (3/4).
- 200 spearmen, 300 archers will expand south, into Caucasus.
- Encourage Jewish immigration into Khazaria. I doubt they have any reasons to refuse, now do they? I believe, also, that our education, economy and/or culture should improve from this new arrival.

Top Bottom