StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

Insane_Panda said:
its still same old same old for me! Although your successes with Tartessos have shown all of something new here and there, I'm sure, especially your cultural assimilation of virtually all of western europe. :)

I tend to culturally assimilate most things around me :p

as for teching- well, lets just say thiers still more then just a few tricks still up my sleeve ;)

Congrats, Contempt.

Thanks for the Hava ha-Shoter (Farm of the Guardian) award!

And Xen, as your Bull(****) crusade would've plunged into Persia, you would have been cut off from your supplies by a massive Khazar invasion.

das said:
Congrats, Contempt.

Thanks for the Hava ha-Shoter (Farm of the Guardian) award!

And Xen, as your Bull(****) crusade would've plunged into Persia, you would have been cut off from your supplies by a massive Khazar invasion.

dumb dumb dumb. :p

the bull crusade isntr for Persia; it dose get spread to persia, but its not the epicenter of fighting; the cursade is defensive- that is, the mian poitn of it is to defend from the egyptian coalition; and then to group up, and if possible strike back at egypt, germaqny, and anyone else possible.

so dont give me that crap about me being cut off from anything- this was in my own damn backyard, because it was an invasion of tartessos- and after that a counter invasion of egypt, Malta, carthage, and germany so no, I dont think I'd be cut off from anything. SO dont proceed to be foolish, and think you know anythign about my grande stratgem; thier rarelly is a full one, only a fleixble outline of thoughts, which means that if somthign dosent go down perfectlly, I have multiple new tangents on which to branch off, and suceed in.

Good for you, Xen. Because that I was going to invade Persia anyway - just after my missionaries spread Universial Monotheism there as a compromise faith between the other three, largely because of the (relative) religious tolerance (or promises of) and the more relevant promises to peace. If you don't/didn't/wouldn't have interferred, I would have left you alone. But the chances of that are rather dim.

Well said, Xen, but I'd like to fight a war with you at least once.

Xen, I don't know if you know but Pictland organized the whole coalition against you this up and coming turn.

Darn it, this is a stminionNES ripoff. Just as the world (well, large parts of it) united in the holy struggle against Xen, the NES ends.

conehead234 said:
Xen, I don't know if you know but Pictland organized the whole coalition against you this up and coming turn.

well thats dumb. The Tartessian religion holds major adherents in your south. youd be sending yourself into a civli war.

Yup, I was worried about Xen's power and feared a conflict over future colonization in the Americas. So I dialed up Egypt and they agreed on my plan. Then I got the support of Norway, Germany, Thebes, Rhodes, and 2 African nations, and over the next few turns Arizonia was to join us. I realiezed that Xen's weakpoint was he navy. He only had 30 caravels, while I had 210. My plan was to starve him from his colonizes and mess up his trade. While that happened, me and Germany will land in Gaul and advance south. Thebes was to invade Gothland, the African nations invaded your African possessions and Egypt taking Italy. Which would over stretch you and only leave you with Spain, which we would let you keep.

conehead234 said:
Yup, I was worried about Xen's power and feared a conflict over future colonization in the Americas. So I dialed up Egypt and they agreed on my plan. Then I got the support of Norway, Germany, Thebes, Rhodes, and 2 African nations, and over the next few turns Arizonia was to join us. I realiezed that Xen's weakpoint was he navy. He only had 30 caravels, while I had 210. My plan was to starve him from his colonizes and mess up his trade. While that happened, me and Germany will land in Gaul and advance south. Thebes was to invade Gothland, the African nations invaded your African possessions and Egypt taking Italy. Which would over stretch you and only leave you with Spain, which we would let you keep.

A) YOUR the one who left my offer 10 turns ago of an allianc eof the seas blank; if you had any fear of me *(which you didnt) its because you ignored my want fo a firm allaince

B)30 caravels goes to 500 war gun ships this turn buddy; or would have- hardley wae pointm particulery when you consider I've got th etech, an dmore advatage over you, in spades

C)Your forgetting; Rome is in the world, and woudl be protecting my colonies thier; the Goths and Dacians coudl easilly hand thebes- they whooped them in the last war, and now they have even better Tartessian technology to fight with

D)egypt is a joke; I've always expected an invasion bgy them, and my navy would handle it

E)I would have infented guns this turn. good luck tacking on Gun/Pike tericos supported by horse drawn rapid feild artillery, and fiercelly loyal light cavalrymen thier buddy- you all have fone to war with the armie sof the late middle gaes; I go to war with the armies of the mid renassiance, and new and improved tactics to boot; I go to war with almost every nation with bull-cult adherents in it, and with economic support of citizens all over the w3orld, and with volounteer slinign up from here timbuktu; you prepared for your invasion, and I found out about it, and prepared to counter you.

the fact that you caused it because you were worried after you ignore dmy offer of alliance is dumb. why didnt you just enter diplomacy with me? its not like I NEED the new world- if I did, amenhotep wouldnt exist any longer; I got my suger, and rubber plants, and thats all i wanted, aside form areas to plant, and grow them in.

Actually, it is quite easy to prevent civil wars over religion. Promies tolerance. Or just declare yourself Head of the Cult in Pictia while saying that Xen and HIS cult are heretical;misguided;treacherous;used by the tyrant of Tartessos (the fact that its a republic never matters).

das said:
Actually, it is quite easy to prevent civil wars over religion. Promies tolerance. Or just declare yourself Head of the Cult in Pictia while saying that Xen and HIS cult are heretical;misguided;treacherous;used by the tyrant of Tartessos (the fact that its a republic never matters).

no, thats what i tried in south italy- they didnt want it, and presumabley neither dose any one else (considering that tartessians have never been persecuted in Pictavia dosent help matters, as it woudl mean thier is no precedent for them *not* being equals in the first place. my answer was just to send in crusaders if the egyptian flett landed in south italy, alogn with my main field army, and massacre all the bastards)

Oh, okay.

There are two problems with your "grand plan", Xen:
- You fail to realize that technology can be stolen. No secret can be closely-guarded, especially not a secret to which your enemies (Fatehpurs, I think) were very close anyway. Especially when it is stolen by a "neutral friendly" country.
- You also fail to realize that gun ships will, at this stage especially, be rather unmaneuverable when compared to the fleets of your enemies. I suspect your enemies will guess that and simply spread out their fleet, surround yours and destroy it with the use of gunpowder barrels and/or fire arrows. Whatever.

Finally, I would like to ask you to rejoin as Atlantis in stJNES9 if it survives (either the NES, either the Atlantis ;) ).

das said:
Oh, okay.

There are two problems with your "grand plan", Xen:
- You fail to realize that technology can be stolen. No secret can be closely-guarded, especially not a secret to which your enemies (Fatehpurs, I think) were very close anyway. Especially when it is stolen by a "neutral friendly" country.
this is somthign I sadlly never go to expand upon (because when I used my GLS on wonders, NK craped out and me tiny as sbonuses- that my single problem- when you use a GL on a wonder, that bastard shoudl eb god damn completed)

several times, i was ready to wirte huge public stories about "Akronath" a large fortress dedicated to reserch of weapons, located (I wasn tgoign to say in the stories, as it was top secret) where andorra is, and sealed off to the outside world, excpet those with particuler (watermarked to protect from forgery) clearencec passes, and the other essential credentials; thsi is where gun powder was created, where I developed my anti spy protection it (dye it different colours, liek prurple, or gree, and soak, and then let dry in vegitbale loi, so it neither looks, nor tastes liek any of its real ingredients, but is still just as combustable)

this is where guns woudl have been created as well, and kept secret. besides, NK told me it woudl take tiem for the tech to spread

- You also fail to realize that gun ships will, at this stage especially, be rather unmaneuverable when compared to the fleets of your enemies. I suspect your enemies will guess that and simply spread out their fleet, surround yours and destroy it with the use of gunpowder barrels and/or fire arrows. Whatever.
this is answerd in many talks with in sane panda because of the naval formation i devised- thiers enough out thier to *almost* peice together what i had in mind- but I'll save the actual formation for a different NES- but trust me das, I'm no fool; I know the weaknesses of my shiop, and my empire, and prepare accordinglly; in this case, I knew fromt he get go that my ships woudl be slow; so i created a formation that dosetn relay on speed, but size and fire power- liek what happend in real life- my new projectiles would aide me destroyin enemy ships, and as far as I know, I'm the only person to actually study different types of cannons, one adapted for land, and other for sea

Finally, I would like to ask you to rejoin as Atlantis in stJNES9 if it survives (either the NES, either the Atlantis ;) ).
I'll consider it. no promises, depends on how all the other NES's turn out.

das said:
Darn it, this is a stminionNES ripoff. Just as the world (well, large parts of it) united in the holy struggle against Xen, the NES ends.

OOC: and it all teaches us a lesson, xen usually drives the rest of the world against him and eventually he'll lose... :lol:

alex994 said:
OOC: and it all teaches us a lesson, xen usually drives the rest of the world against him and eventually he'll lose... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dont you see?

the real lesson is: even if the rest of the world hates me, the world will end before my nation loses ;)

(assumign I'd lose at all; very iffy in this situation, seeing as how I found out about the enmy plan, and prepared for it, so that my surprise woudl be on them)

Top Bottom