StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

wow. I really srewed up the latter part of the post up thier... oh well, I think you get the jist of it :p

Update 7: 1300 BCE

On the cold steppes of Khazaria, the begs rally the people from their long fight against the Scythians and formalize a new warrior from the old: the Baghators (literally “brave warrior”), who are sworn to defend Khazaria and Judaism until Judgement Day. Legend has one of their number to be the honored general David Shoter-Itil, who was supposed to have been granted immortality for defending the last haven of Judaism. These new warriors are small in number compared to the declining Nomads, but they are much better warriors, and liable to dominate the steppes for some time. They also make contact with Armenia and Daghistan to the south and buy Crimea from Athens, though the Athenians still buy much of their grain from there.

On the other side of the vast steppes, nearer China than Khazaria, is the Golden Horde, who is rapidly gaining strength. Proclaiming a message of union between all the nomads of the steppe, he has told the rest of the tribes of the riches of China to the south. Many are encouraged by his rhetoric, and many tribes join the Mongols, as they now are almost universally called. However, they are less delighted at the prospect of the tax collectors the Khan levies on them, seeing them as little more than the tribute gatherers that the Kahn promised they would not have. Also, rumors of another tribe gaining steam, a united Turkish Khanate, grow to the west.

Egypt, a relatively non-violent nation thus far, discounting the invasion of the Mitanni, seem to have renounced that path, and suddenly gone on a rampage, invading several adjacent territories. Lybia fell easily, the local populace welcoming the War Chariots as liberators, Malta fell due to the instability in the Carthaginian government, so the people are not too perturbed. However, Babylon was a tougher challenge. The people are peculiarly nationalistic, so they resist both the Assyrian and Egyptian invaders. The Assyrians are a different matter. Though the Egyptians only engaged them once in a minor skirmish north of Babylon, they lost 100 war chariots and are liable to lose more if they do not bring in other troop types to counter the combined arms of the Assyrians, who only lost 100 spearmen. In other, happier news to the Emperor, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon were captured with no damage, and the city of Alexandria now sees so much trade flowing through it the very economy of Egypt is growing through it (see rule change below).

In Arabia, expansion continues unabated, but not much else of the King’s orders get done (besides the wonders). The King’s attempt to increase archers could not be done, as the sad and sorry shape of the Arabic economy does not allow for it. The King’s order to begin to build boats of iron also did not make any sense to the king’s men, as any boats made of Iron would rust immediately, even if they had enough high quality iron to waste on a boat no one would dare board.

In Kush, all goes well, as the embassy with Arya is a great success, and also the economy booms as trade with India increases, focused on diamonds and spices that are seemingly as common as sand and grain in southern India. A trade route would be most profitable, if not luxurious.

Shang sees much go well, as the king consolidates the Empire. The economy booms with the selling of mulberry leaves as perfume, an unusual fundraiser, but effective nevertheless. The new irrigation system is completed, creating several areas of particularly rich farmland, but not all goes perfectly, as the colder winters and shorter growing season hurt rice yields even from here. Also, bad news out of Qin, or good new, depending on how you look about it. The nation has been overrun by Tibetians, the capital, Chengdu, razed. A fitting end to the violent empire. Some of the cities have joined Shang for protection, but they are beyond the wall and vulnerable. Also rumors of a barbarian resurgence out of the north are at hand.

In the realm of the Exiled Arabs the economy barely keeps afloat as the ruler raises more and more in the way of naval forces. Some call it paranoia, some call it sense, but one thing is for sure, this kind of spending can’t go on. In the meantime, a center of major trade develops in the capital of Djibouti, and also in the city that most of their traders go through, Calicut, center of the diamond trade.

In the meantime, the scouts reports turn into a twenty year adventure throughout the East, which results in a great book compiling all these, popular reading with all literates in the entirety of the Red Sea Area, and translated into several languages (see spotlight).

Tartessos, glory of the Western Mediterranean, defeaters of the Allemange horde, continues its cultural and economic growth unabated. The Berbers to the south retreat, the Carthaginians agree to essentially vassal status (though this makes much of the population disgruntled). In the north, the Allemange essentially turn away from Italy, and they attack Lusitania, who is forced to abandon their Ireniian adventure. The provinces of Genua begin a religious rebellion, adding a horde of fanatics to the Tartessian army, though these cannot be relied upon to stay disciplined in battle. The Olympics continue successfully, and the first use of arches begins there. Also, new contacts are made, with the Gothic Kingdom of Illyria, for example, who has civilized itself under Tyhrennian influence, though not to the point of adopting their religion. Helvetia is willed to Tyhrennia, though half chooses to side with Allemange instead. Italia is willed to Tartessos in a surprising event, the king of the Italian League having no surviving male heir from the Battle of Cremona, and thus giving his realm to the nation that he sees as the center of the religion of the Sacred Bull, his. All seems well, but the Allemange threat will not go away by inaction, and their raids continue.

All around the world, farms decrease in productivity somewhat, with colder winters now common and the growing season much shorter. No one knows quite why this started, but it is worrying to some farmers.

In the now frigid northlands, the Allemange northern coast and the British Eastern coast are being pirated and raided. No one knows where these people come from, but they ride in longboats, fear nothing, and plunder much.

Spotlight: The Eastern Expedition

It was a quiet year in 1390 BCE when the scouts from the Exiled Arabs set out on what they thought was just going to be a short fact finding mission, a mere side note in the orders of the ruler. They were wrong.

They started in the kingdom of Delhi, an Aryan kingdom, and presented themselves to the king before researching a bit. They found that the kingdom of Delhi is actually built on the core of the ancient realm of Harrappa. The thriving Indus river valley was full of people they know merely as Balochis. The Aryans came down south from their ancestral homelands in the mountains, the Aryans themselves seemingly being of an origin far to the north in the Samarkand area, and invaded the region wholesale, conquering the natives and refusing to mix, manipulating the local religion of Hinduism to their own ends, installing a previously unknown caste system that rigidly stratified the new Kingdom of Delhi. On top were the Noble Aryans, then the Warriors, then the Common Aryans, then the “Creoles”, who are a mix of the two races. Below them are the Balochis and Dravidians, below them are the Untouchables, born into the worst caste, destined to do the worst jobs for no pay.

The land has much in the way of exotic creatures, spices, and resources to offer, and they find that there are many opportunities there. Curious as to the rumors of the “unclean state” to the west, they travel that way and find a country wholly unlike the one they just left, a massive, independent, Balochi state. They are fiercely independent, but ironically borrow many cultural ideas for their neighbors, the Persians, who the scouts-turned-adventurers went to next.

Persia was a relatively recent land, and one of the proudest on Earth. This massive nation has apparently fought ferociously for its independence, they claim they had to fight off a massive invasion of Scythian nomads, though it seems upon closer examination, they in reality were dominated by these nomads for at least a little while.

Throwing off the yoke of these oppressive rulers, the Persians established an independent state, and quickly built this into an empire, a very large one, by all accounts. They also follow the religion of Zoroastrianism, a religion that seems obsessed with the struggle between good and evil, and whose powerful imagery and philosophy have made it back to the Red Sea area and gained a wide following.

The emissaries then traveled far to the south, deep into India, making a brief stop in the Dravidian Hindu state of Orissa, but the people there were so fascinated themselves with Dravidia to the south that the men could not help but go. They found a vibrant culture who was culturally advanced and well shy of the Hinduism preached in the Aryan states northward. They had a much more pure version of Hinduism, one that implied that introduced many key concepts into the area of the Exiled Arabs. The concept of one creator god showing through many avatars, karma, and reincarnation were all taken up with gusto by the people in the city of Djibouti.

Farther south yet they encountered the states of the Cholas and the Pandyas, both of whom were culturally similar to Dravidia, but who had their own distinctiveness in their working with diamonds, which they had in great supply. Indeed, their economy seems based on the gems, which are exported north to Calicut to be shipped to the Exiled Arabs’ homeland.

Thus they completed their trip through India, and wrote many books of this, and this raised the culture and education of the Exiled Arabs immensely.

One of the books, the most obscure, of the traveler Abu Khamyar, was so fanciful as to make it the least believed book in the entire collection. He told of his adventures over great mountains higher than any others, of a massive high plateau with many short people who seemed not to notice the heights at all. He told of going further, into lands across these mountains, where he claimed he had seen heaven on earth, where all was well, the streets were paved with gold and the statues carved from jade. He is so derided that this final book is rapidly disappearing from most scribe’s copies of the Journals.

DIPLO:

PRICES:

For each economy:

300 Iron Age spearmen
300 Iron Age swordsmen
300 Iron Age archers
300 Iron Age Light Horse
300 Iron Age Horse Archers
150 Iron Age Cataphracts
300 Iron Age UUs
30 Iron Age Chariots
30 Iron Age Triremes
15 catapults
30 War Elephants (available only to nations with direct land connections from their capital to North African or Indian Territory)
150 Camel Riders (available only to nations with North African or Arabian Territory)
150 Steppe Cavalry (available only to nations with steppe ancestry or territory on the steppes)

Any other stat growth: 1

OOC: RULE CHANGE: Centers of Trade are cities which have such an enormus amount of riches flowing through them that they can fully be considered hubs of trade, represented by a square on the map. Cities like Constantinople, Copenhagen, London, Alexandria, Chengdu, Calicut, etc. in the real world. The trade through these cities makes the country so much off of tarriffs that every three turns they add a(several) bonus economy level(s). Multiple asterisks after especially lucarative centers indicates how many bonus levels. These cities are hard to get, hard to keep, and nearly impossible to conquer, as conquest dries up local trade significantly.

MAPPPALLA:

Hope you like the thumbnail image.

Not Buddhist, think more a mixture of old Arabic polytheism, Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, etc. A cultural melting pot, but Buddhism has yet to be invented. :)

OOC: Sort of. The hub of all trading for your nation, of course, and also it ships stuff to Kush a bit, though this is declining. In general it is a cosmopolitan city where traders from all over the Indian Ocean come to trade.

Orders

Our economy, once great, has now fallen into a recession, and this must be stopped! Extravagant spending has wrecked us, and this must be reversed somehow. Our leading merchants have devised a plan:

- Decommision 30 Galleys and 20 Of our Dhows, use their materials as scrap.
- Djibouti was once the greatest Trade city in the world, this must be
re captured! Lower our market prices competitively, although increase tariffs slightly, but only to make a tiny profit and do not go over to high, hopefully attracting more merchants towards Djibouti instead of Kush lands up north, and still making somewhat of a profit, perhaps even making a great profit if more merchants decide to show at Djibouti's ports to get their goods.

Story on Religion and culture later, probably tomorrow.

To: Dumnonii
You heard of the Pict's enormous power, surrender now and we will spare the bloodshed.

The steppes were cold at night, and homes were the only defense agaisnt the unforgiving coldness of the steppes. The Great Khan Biling stood silently on the steps of his palace. He saw the streets overcrowded, people freezing on the streets because of lack of space. He saw the cramped overcrowdness kill his people. This would not continue any longer he thought, the deaths of his people would no longer happen at home. His scouts had already found prefect city locations along fresh water to the north, and to the south. Tommorrow, all the pieces would fall into place, all the pawns in his little play for power would be complete.

White Pawn to E4

"People of the Golden Horde! I can hear your gumbles about the tax collectors, and I can hear them all over this land! Do not think I do not know your concerns, for I am Khan, I am you King. Our economy has strength, and your contribuations have helped this. I believe that this is the last time that tax collectors will need to be sent through out the land, the last time that our power will be doubted any longer! Tommorrow, my poeple, we will ride south to the Golden land, to China, a land that will be ours! Our Economy will no longer need tax collectors to support ourselves, for we will have the luxuries of China at our disposal. Tommorrow, we ride!"

Black Pawn to E5

"My lord, what of our city plans?" Biling's advisor asked. Biling stayed silent, with only the sound of the plans being drawn and the breath of the advisor adding any sound at all. "My lo-r-rrd?" the advisors fearfully asked, fearing death for his insolence. Biling looked up from his writing, and snarled angriliy at the advsiors, throwing the paper at the advisor. The advsior barely caught the paper, and unrolling it he found a map with two dots, one on Lake Baikal, and the other upon the Onon River.

"Those dots are the spots of the new cities, make sure to tell the people on the streets, hell, everyone of the new cites. Go now, before I lose my already fleeting paticence." The advisor nodded quickly and left as if all the dogs of hell were after him. He has close, but it was not the dogs of hell, but rather, the Horde of War.

Biling smiled ominously.

White Knight to D3

In a the Khans palace a meeting was taking place, and the generals of the Khans army were sitting around a table, looking at a map. Biling sat at the head, fingers locked, and his face seemed set in an eternal frown. The Warlords bowed their heads, not daring to look into the Khans eyes, thinking it would kill them. "This meeting," Biling began, his voice seeming to reverbrate in the room," has began."

At once the generals looked at the map in front of them, seeing only to black lines painted into the map. Both sweeping outwards then inwards toward China. It seemed that the Khan was marching to China. "Generals," Biling started agian," the Horde is hungry, and my people yearn for War agianst China, to take the luxuries that they have under thier possesion, to take what should rightfully belong to us!" The generals shuddered as Biling's yell echoed in the room, and chills passed through each of them.

"A group will be composed of the Ground Forces, 500 Spearmen, 100 archers. B group will be our mobile forces, 500 Mongol Horse Archers, and 300 Hundred horse Archers. All forces will be equiped with the new Iron weapons, use them well. If you should fail, you had better hope that you die on the battlefield, for if you return a failure, your screams will be heard throughout all the land!" The generals bowed their heads, and silently left the Khan. His dangerous smile the last thing they saw.

Black Pawn to E6

The Great Khan Biling walked silently behind his guide in the Turkish Palace. Behind him was his daughter, a pretty girl of 17. Biling was already bored of this tour, the palace very similar to his own, but put on a intrested face to secure the deal. Idly letting his mind wonder while adding apportiate 'Ohs' and such Biling heard the sound of a pojectile hitting wood. Looking out the convienent window Biling saw a young man of 16 firing arrows into a target 35 yards away. The circlet on his head denoted royalty, and Biling was amazed at the accuracy displayed by the prince.

Excusing himself silently from the oblivous tour guide Biling made his way down to the open court yard were the Prince was practicing. Walking silently Biling creeped behind the Prince. "Your quite good you know." Biling said suddenly. The Prince, surpised turned a fired the arrow at the sound of Biling's voice. Watching the arrow come at him Biling smiled, and tilted his head sightly to the left. The arrow wizzed by Biling's right earlobe, where his head had been only moments before. The Prince quickly notched another arrow, and aimed it at Biling.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" the Prince asked quickly, his voice all seriousness.

"How do you feel about this marrige of states? A marrige you have no choice in." Biling asked, dodging the Prince's questions until he was ready.

"I have no control over that." the Prince answered without thought. Remembering that the 'unnamed' man had not answered his question, the Prince pulled back the string of the bow threatingly. "You haven't answered the question."

"You are suspicous aren't you? Heh. You would fit right in the Golden Horde." Biling reached into his clothing, noticing how the Turkish Prince tighted the bow as he moved. Biling took his crown and placed it on his head. "I am Khan Biling of the Golden Horde. You father-in-law."

Shocked the Prince dropped his bow, completely stuned, after all, he had almost killed the Khan of the mighty Golden Horde. "I.I.I'm so sorry!" the Prince cried out, dropping to his knees.

"It is fine, my son. I like that sound. My son. I do not have any strong sons to take over, but now I have you. You acted as any good Mongol would have, and it is commendable. I like that type of man, and I do not a heir. Until now. You will be my heir now. What is you name?"

"My name? My name is Genghias Khan...father." Biling only smiled onmiously.

White Pawn to F3

Biling started silently into the roaring fire in front of him, his anger of before seeming to melt away, as if it were all an act. He continue to stare at the fire, the dancing flames consuming the wood within it. "Like the wood in this fire," Biling mused to himself, his soft voice echoing in the empty room," like this wood, the World will be consumed in flames of the Mongols, my people. The Golden Horde. The pieces are now in place."

The last words Biling spoke seemed to carry out of the room on an invisable wind, out into the night sky. Across the stars, across countless miles of land, into China. The Kings of China shivered in their sleep.

Diplomacy

To the Turkish Nation
From the Golden Horde

Hail to you brother! I offer my only daughter to your son as a sign of our goodwill. We hope that you will accept it, for if not...

Orders

*Iron Age UU: Khulan
-The Upgraded version of the Mongol Horse archer
1) Lightly armored plate mail for maximum movement and protection
2) Excel at breaking enemy formations
3) Armed also with a Ildu (Sword), only to be used after the enemy has been worn down be continous missle fire.
4) Wear black war paint on their face.
*Establish Cites at the blackdots, and encourge people to settle at the locations
*Spend 2 Economies on UU

Military Orders

*Follow the arrows for troop movement

A Group: 400 Spearmen, 100 Archers, 300 UU

B Group: 500 Mongol Horse Archers, 300 Horse Archers, 300 UU

Attachments

• Mongol Advance.gif
    Mongol Advance.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 120
OOC: I like the new rule, it's unique ;).and you destroyed qin.... and the part about that mad guy in the update, was he talking about china?

To Tibetians
From Shang
By the Might of the Emperor Luang Xiu, i ask that you sign a NAP with the benevolent Nation of Shang.

Eh, what's that new green country on the Arab peninsula?

@Northking
cool thumb; i was wondering hwo you were going to get past the post-merge thing essentially skrewing up the format of the update

North King: How could I fix my economy? :(

To: The Golden Horde

Certainly. May our allliance last forever!

To: Shang

That would be agreeable.

OOC:

@alex: Wait and see...

@Capulet: Dubai, to fix your economy, say "increase economy". If you give a good way how, I might add a bonus. :)

@Xen: Thanks. I like imageshack. :D

@Everyone: Update comes... Next Saturday. No need to hurry. ;)

To Zhou
From Shang

We request that you fortify ur eastern borders, as it is open to attack by the barbarians to the north.

OCC: Still need answers to my questions...

To the Turks
From the Golden Horde

You accept my duaghter? Excellent! I name your son my heir, as I have none for myself. I ask that he spends 6 months of every year in the Golden Horde so that he may learn and get to know his future subjects.

OOC: Not to annoy you, NK, but Dagestan is located in the northeast of Caucasus. The southeastern nation should (probably) be Azeria.

Like the new rule.

IC:

The Begs convenned yet again. Itil was safe, and Crimea was now purchased. To the west, the wild tribes of the Slavs have overthrew the Goths who once dominated them and kept them in check, and the whole region was now potentially dangerous. Expansion to the west was crucial. It would bring prosperity to Khazaria, and thus to the Begs.

Outside of their palace, there was a mob. They ignored all the mobs that occasionally rebelled, stating that the Begs care not for the people and act only for their own profit. One of the Begs looked at this crowd. Something was wrong.

The doors into the council room opened, and the new Khagan, Solomon (Hablyk), walked in. The Begs looked at each other. This young man was too dangerous. He was interested in ruling. He believed that he will take over, with his silly Judaist religion that contaminated Khazaria. But he and everything else would be dealt with in time.

The Khagan spoke, demanding them to give the power to him, that he had the Mandate of Heavens to rule Khazaria. Tarkhan-Beg smiled a sinester smile, and called the guards. Noone replied. Four Baghators - Oran, Merak, Abraam and Iosef walked in, with jatagans in their hands.

The Begs attempted to resist, but were captured and executed for corruption to the cheers of the mob. The Mandate of Heaven was granted to Solomon, and his control over Khazaria was assured.

Diplo:

To: Dagestan/Azeria and Armenia

NAP?

Orders:
- Our ruler now has a name! Khagan Solomon.
- Switch government to Divine Monarchy, category to Conservative Monarchy.
- Finish wonder (4/4).
- Continue exporting grain from Crimea to Athens. Also build more wineyards in Crimea,
- thus growing economy.
- Found the city of Aragva (in Georgia, on the Black Sea coast, on the (not-on-the-map) river of Aragva).
- Encourage Khazar migration to Crimea and Caucasia, and Greek and Avar migration to Khazaria. Since there is more Khazars, this will allow us to become a significant majority throughout our empire.
- 100 Spearmen, 100 Archers, 50 Steppe Nomads (to warn the capital) will guard the Eastern Wall.
- 100 Spearmen, 100 Archers (those created by the wonder) will guard Itil.
- 400 Spearmen, 500 Archers, 150 Steppe Nomads, 100 Baghators will expand westward towards Dniepr.
- Our 5 galleys are to circumnavigate the Black Sea and establish new contacts there.

Also, I think my wonder should be at 3/7. The update before this one, I forgot to send my orders, but I expected that you would at least continue my project for me :(

Tartessos Magnos

The dawn of civil rule?
Recent times had been a mixed blessing to the Tartessian nation; for on one hand, it had a great victory over tis enemy; yet on th eother, its was a costlly, and a "Pyrric" victory (Named after the genral whom led the atach, General Pyrrhus of Tingiaticos)

And indeed, while the gods had for the most part, been benevolent to the tartessians, it was only in recent times that tartessians themselves saw it that they had regianed thier originional standing in the world with the successful reclaiming by culture of old Genoa, and full mergence of Carthage, which had been for many decades a nation in decline from the height of its power, into the direct Tartessian leadership.

All thsi ofcourse, was having its effects on the Citizenry of Tartesoss, and its attendent states...

more and more, the people were calling for a collective reform of government; tartessos itsefl was already a well sized nation, well educated, and had for eventhe poorest members of soceity, a standard of living far above that of the rest of the [known] world; and indeed, this affulence of tartessos itself, andthe attending affulenc eof its sub-nations (all due to the huge tradeing sphere brought on by the union of Sea peoples) bred want for a form of government that the people could have a firmer grasp upon; the stnading government of tartessos was quite good, allowing for a degree of personal freedom, and citizen participation that only other nation sin the great could equal, and often times even they did not have that leval; but reformers were reformers; they called for a new government, a government ruled by the citzenry exclusivlly; other reformers called for the direct annexation fo both Carthage and Tyrrhneia into the Tartessian state, as tartessos alreadfy had a large leval fo control over them, and yet naother faction wanted for things to remain the same; times were good; why change could be just as bad as it was good after ll, better to take no chances, and continue the nation on its current course, safe and sound...

The answer of course, would lay in a meeting of all these veiws and yet others not described; It was decided by out cry fo the people, andby the wisdom of the tartessian nobilty, sympatheitc to the crys of the masses, that indeed, thgovernment shouls ushr in reforms; the anser woudl be a new republic; where people elcted officials to rule in thie rplace, based on the representivies policies, and how tose policies matched thier own, and, indirectlly, the people themselves ruled the nation; such a government allowed for the masses to have control of the nation, but allow for politicans to be able to use wisdom and learnign in taking car eof many policies in which the people did not care for, and to prevent "mob rule" from occuring...

Indeed, upon this track, the great council also stated that now was not the time to "annex" any nation onto tartessos; but, the tartessian state would experiment with what it already had; in this case, the reclaimed nation of Genua woudl becoem the guiney pig for political experiment tation; for tartessos wishe dnot only to become a republic, but a federated Republic.....

now the masses asked "What, pray tell, is this "federal republic?"

Th econcept and implmenttation was simple; if tartessos was ever to annex a vassla nation, it woudl be fully incorpertaed into Tartessos; but ittisefl woudl still have limited self rule; it was in effect, a natural progression of the current state of events; genoa woudl become a "state" in the republic of Tartessos, having self rule in the manner of the republic, but still be aprt of Tartessos; to thsi end, any person from any where in the republic could be elleigble for any position in any place insde the republic; for instance, a statesman from Itallia could become the Prime consul (the highes tposition within the republic) of the full tartessian state, and liekwise, a statesman from Genua could becoem the "proconsul" (highes tposition within the state government) of Itallia, if the people so wanted it...

The effect was a well run, republic form of government, that was perfectlly suited to run a far flung empire, whos politic were base dnot on where, or what societal position one was born, but on the politics, and policies of the people running it, with enough public rule to assure the people thier freedoms, and thier choice, but enough central rule to assure that "rule by the masses", and the attnedent hystaria that could follow woudl not errupt, and topple the entire nation....

of course, all this would come at a time when the Tarssien anations people were educated enough to make proper choices on statell matters; and moreover, thier would e no "annexation", with out the proposed states consent,and if the proposed state had prooved its value to the tartessian state as a whole by completing a great project, and indeed, no full "federal republic" would be achieved until a document, or a charter, displaying the tnetans of government, and rights of the people was created, so that permanet document and record of how the government was upposed to be run was created, to prevent perversion of that government....

all in all, the people wer epleased with the resoultuin, and promise, that through self betterment of education, that they woudl be grnted self rue to a degree unequalled anywhere in the world...

The Carthaginian Equation

it wa sno great secre that ever since the tartessian council putitself under the direc tumbrella of tartessian rule, that thie rha dbeen factions within the now sub nation that did not njoy what seemd to them like complete tartessian overlordship; yet on the other hand, the vast majority of the educated middle class, and the civic elites, and merchant-princes of the city all welcomed tartessian rule; looking at the event as an easy ticket to a large open market, and a large blanket of co-protection for the Carthginian sub-state....

While the tartessian themselves lookeddown upon the freeloader want sof the "merchant-kings of carthago", the prospec tof any real dissent from the carthaginains persuaded the governing councils of Tartessos to let the carthaginians have the same amount of self Rule as the Tyrrhenians, and even let that Carthginians keep thie rnativ eculture, with the exception that government documents now had to be written in the tartessian script, and in the tartessian language, to make things easy and universal for buricrats all over the union of sea peoples, who natually looked to tartessos as the model of equality and standerdization of government...

To: carthaginian dissenters
From; Tartessosp/b]

tartessos prides tisefl on its fair treatment of all people sunder its banner, or under the defac to banner of our nation; and to this, end, we feel your pangs of resetnment, fro we woudl feel the same if we were in your place; to this end, we offer you the sam eamoutn of self rule as Tyrrhenia has, and that no amount fo tartessian culture will be forced upon you, unless you choose to adopt it; the exaction to that, woudl be that government documents must be written in tartessian script, and in the tartessian language, for purposes of standardizaiton withing the union at large. We do this to show that tartessos is not s aofrign ruler, or an occupyer fo your naton, but that the union of our nations in thsi manner is for th ebenifit of BOTH our peoples, and nbot merelly for the benift of Tartessos, and that your people will be treated as equals, on equal ground as any from Tartessos or Tyrrhenia

Top Bottom