StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

Capulet said:
Good god, I forgot to send in orders.

My plans are pretty much ruined :(

Why? What is wrong with next update for your plans?

If you want, since I'm in a generous mood, you could send them, if you do that very soon.

at wors the'll probabely just be a turn delayed in any current plans he has... I tend to over-react when i mis out on sending in orders as well ;)

Thanks alot man :D

Orders:

- Don't spend anything this turn, focus on growing our economy.

- Have 200 Spearmen and 50 Archers expand northeast.

- Have 10 ships sail to the African coast and set up a colony

- Explore the Indian Ocean and settle on the outlying islands

- Continue project.

Attachments

• ordersmap.PNG
    ordersmap.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 133
Update 8: 1200 BCE

It was ironic, in a way. The two world leaders were thousands of miles apart. Separated by cultural differences such that they could not fathom each other if they came into contact. One on a great steppe and the other in a palace. Yet within the same month, within the same day, within the same hour, or so some said, they were doing the exact same thing. They were getting married. Both were leaders of mighty empires. Both were marrying the heir to another great empire.

These two people were, of course, Tejimun of the Turks and Taizu of the Shang Empire. They were to unite the Turks and Golden Horde, and the Shang and Chu, respectively, and it succeeded magnificently. Two massive empires stretched across the steppes of Asia and the plains of China, but they were both plagued by mishaps at the start. For the first thing, they were simply so massive that communications took several days to travel across the empire with the fastest horse. For a second, they were both plagued by rebellious nobles who refused to acknowledge the unions.

In the Golden Horde, the new Khan had to deal with Turks who refused to acknowledge their bond with the Golden Horde on the Western edge of his empire, who now raided those they once called their comrades.

In Shang, they had to deal with the rebellious noble, who called himself Shi Huangdi, or “First Emperor”, who believed that the Shang were unfit to rule the whole of China, and who proclaimed that he would resist their rule for as long as he could, to conquer the empire from the south and to install a new empire over the somewhat corrupt and immoral despotism. He had the support of many of the Chinese people, but his territory was limited purely to Southern China.

On a happier note, the new Yangtze Empire has much reinforced their city of Qingdao, and its economic robustness has fully repaid the economy invested.

China has, meanwhile, sent several people through Tibet in order to reach the lands called India on the other side. They find a land with strange people, customs, religion, and at war.

It seems that the Aryan state of Delhi has invaded the Dravidian States of Central India, and attacked their armies wholesale. The Chinese Emperor hears these men swear on their honor that they have seen massive beasts as big as a house with tremendous horns plow through enemy troop formations with relative ease. They speak with awe of men gored, trampled, and even tossed into the air. In addition to these new philosophies come new legendary methods of war, it seems.

Aryan nomads manage to bring down a Dravidian War Elephant, but lose dozens in the process

South of this war leads us to Kush*te trading colonies in India, who are busily preparing for their expeditions to the east, and some of the traders worry that the war might raise their prices for the diamonds coming out of Calicut and gold out of Arya. But regardless, they send their ships on long and perilous journeys to the East, across the Bay of Bengal, as the locals call it, past the coast of the Cholas, who they have recently established trade with, past the coast of Sinhala, onward, to the East. Onward, to Sirivajaya.

Sirivajaya is a massive trading empire with colonies stretching across many more islands than those the Kush*tes have colonized. Thousands, the emissaries are told. They stretch from the isle the natives call Sumatra, to Borneo, to Java, to the Malay Peninsula. The loose empire is based on trade and tribute, with the capital taking yearly tribute from its colonies in exchange for protection.

Some of their ships, blown off course, discover an island chain which becomes a major stop for cross oceanic trade.

Across the ocean, in Kush proper, expeditions into the Ethiopian Highlands are met with discoveries of an advanced civilization of the people who have been civilizing from the contacts with Arabs, Kush*tes, and even some people from the land they know as Judea.

Meanwhile, their Somalian lands and island colonies make contact on some of their expeditions to the south with a nation called Zanzibar. This island has colonies on the coast, and thriving ivory trade is started by unofficial merchants.

Their neighbors, the Exiled Arabs, enter a new time of prosperity. The cosmopolitan city of Djibouti is now the largest city in the world, a bustling, sprawling metropolis of traders, sailors, and artisans. Their economy skyrockets and it looks like it will continue to do so.

The Arabs expand a bit into Somalia and also into Arabia, they share some islands with the Kush*tes in the Indian Ocean.

Up north, in the desert sands of the Egyptian Empire, the system of government has reached the height of achievement in laws and structure around the world, its highways good enough to carry vast amounts of troops across empires in mere days. It has developed the infrastructure to create a true empire. It has reached the Classical Age.

However, is this enough? It would seem not, because...

Spotlight: Tartessian Agression

The Tartessians, in a massively coordinated effort across several nations, has been spurred to invade the Empire of Egypt, and has done so brilliantly, quickly, and effectively, from all sides the giant of the East is under siege by the Tartessian alliance of the Hittites, Athenians, Tartessians, and the Union of the Sea Peoples. Philistines, the Egyptian people call them.

The first noticeable move that the Tartessians make is through the north, down into Syria and Judea. The Egyptians were woefully unprepared, and some strategists surmise that Jerusalem itself might have been reached if not for two small problems. The first was that the invasion force, an effort led by Athens and Hittia, is much under strength from the predicted several thousand. The Athenians were able to provide the whole host of hoplites necessary, but on the eve of the invasion, the Hittites had to withdraw about half their force to fight a Trojan invasion which was suddenly inflicted upon their nation.

The second problem was that of a small Egyptian force, led by a daring and brave commander, whose name lies erased due to the sands of time, but who was leading a minor force through a stretch of desert that was supposedly safe, on his way to fighting in Assyria. Alas, his force was ambushed, but through bravery, he rallied his troops and drove into the Allied formation. They were quite prepared for this, though, and drew the Egyptian troops into a trap with the scythed chariots that the Hittites used.

Hittite chariots with Tartessian technology clash with Egypt

The Hittite Light Cavalry attacked the War Chariot formation, using superior mobility to strike the force again and again, wrecking great havoc but losing many in the process to the heavily armed weapon platforms. Then the infantry advanced, destroying the rest of the war chariot formation, and continuing onward to slaughter the mere 100 spears left in garrison for the area.

In Mesopotamia, the Assyrian battle went very well, and the Egyptians, luring the Assyrians over the Euphrates, crush them in pitched battle. However, the killing stroke to the Empire of the Assyrians was not Egyptian, but Persian. The desert nomads came out of nowhere, or so it seemed, smashing all the armies that stood in their way and taking Nineveh before the startled Assyrians’ eyes. The empire that had terrorized Babylon for so long was ground into the dust, by a strange people from a strange land.

On the other end of the Empire of Egypt, war raged as well, and while the Berber strikes into Lybia were shattered by the Egyptian defenses, they were not the only foe. The major strike force of Tartessos cleaved right into the heart of the empire, their fleet engaging the Egyptian fleet near Alexandria and hurting it badly before it withdrew, their army landing on the shore to besiege Alexandria itself.

Nothing could stop them, the Philistines marched straight to the city walls, and then assaulted it with their men. Though their force was fearsome and brave, the Egyptians managed to resist it by sheer stubbornness, their civilians even taking to the walls to defend them. Despite all this, the Tartessian forces lay siege, and soon, it seems, ever so soon, it will fall.

Tartessian allies assaulting Alexandria (unfortunately for them unsuccessful)

In Tartessos proper, news of the mostly successful invasion is dampened slightly by news of fierce Carthaginian rebellion and a new threat to the north. It seems the Allemange Empire, by dynastic oddities, has split in three, and not all of the three are neutral. One, Burgundy, has an arrogant and stuck up king, Charles the Bold, who has the insanity to invade not only Tyhrennia, but Tartessian colonies in Genua itself!

And in faraway Khazaria, all goes well, the city of Itil is fortified further, inspiring faithful to compose the song “A mighty fortress is our God”, and Judaism spreads far and wide. They establish contacts with the besieged Hittites, the arrogant and powerful Trojans, and the fearsome Goths.

DIPLO:

To: Kush

We agree to the trade.

To: Egypt

Pay us an economy and agree to peace at current borders. Or die. We really don’t care either way.

PRICES:

For each economy:

300 Iron Age spearmen
300 Iron Age swordsmen
300 Iron Age archers
300 Iron Age Light Horse
300 Iron Age Horse Archers
150 Iron Age Cataphracts
300 Iron Age UUs
30 Iron Age Chariots
30 Iron Age Triremes
15 catapults
30 War Elephants (available only to nations with direct land connections from their capital to North African or Indian Territory)
150 Camel Riders (available only to nations with North African or Arabian Territory)
150 Steppe Cavalry (available only to nations with steppe ancestry or territory on the steppes)

400 Classical Age spearmen
400 Classical Age swordsmen
400 Classical Age archers
400 Classical Age Light Horse
400 Classical Age Horse Archers
200 Classical Age Cataphracts
400 Classical Age UUs
40 Classical Age Chariots
40 Classical Age Quinqiremes

Any other stat growth: 1

OOC:

To: Egypt

you have implied tartessian wants for empir eover the med sea long enough; we have decided to show you that if we wanted your land, we would have taken it long ago.

Tartessos wishes not to fight; and indeed, we will offer you peace; but you must never attmept to interfere in Tartessian internal matter EVER aigan, and more over, no to slande rus; you brought tartessian wrath on you as a result of your own agression, and your attmepts to hide it by claimign that Tartessos, a nation of erhcants who resort to war only when needed, is out to conqoure anyone.

if you force us to continue this war, Tartessos will even show the world that it still wants no land, and will estbalish new nations in your old territory.

agian however; tartessos feels it has demonstrated its point well, and bloodilly enough to you; we offer you the olvie branch, instead of the sowrd; it is your choice as to if our nations will know peace, or war.

OOC: Xen's been reading secret stuff.... and does this shi huang di have stats?

A)like i said; i disregarded the secretnes so fthat message, as I had absolutley no repsonse formt he sam carthginains cuiniven was tryign to seduce with treachery; if I had a tleast recived acknowldegement of that diplo, the story woudl have been differnt; as it was, it seemd absurdlly unfiar that someone woudl skip my diplo, fa rmore prudent to the situation, to go over to a person who was buttin gin on the matter entirelly

B)egypt has long been slandering tartessos, ever since they siad they woudl attakc because tartessos was formign the union of se apeoples, for trade, and defense purposes, so the reason A is hardley needed; egypt has alredy mad eits aggressive claims, an dmoreover, is slowlly conqoring the near easty, threatinign tartessian markets, and tartessos greek allies

OOC; alexandira shouldnt be a trade mogul anymore; its under seige, anmd its trad elines cut (and the egyptian navy shoudl have at least soem casulties, but then considering thatteh egyptian los tless then 100 chariots ina huge 4 prong strategy agiasnt them...)

Xen said:
OOC; alexandira shouldnt be a trade mogul anymore; its under seige, anmd its trad elines cut (and the egyptian navy shoudl have at least soem casulties, but then considering thatteh egyptian los tless then 100 chariots ina huge 4 prong strategy agiasnt them...)

The egyptian navy lost 25 ships, Xen, and most of their army was facing Assyria.

I thought they only had 40 ships to begin with, sorry abotu that then, my bad

though the army facing assryia only emphises my point on thie rligh casultues; cosndiering that they were fighting me on two front, the berber son a third, and the perisan on a fourth, and thats discounting my flotilla

and alexandria still shouldnt be giving them a trade bonus. con sidering the entire point of the attack on alexandria, and the flotilla was to either tkae the city, burn the city, or seige the city, and cut all its resources

As for assyria, they had their troops on only one front, with a good strategy of their own.

Cities can have internal trade. It'll take a turn or so for it's income to die away.

As to your PM, if you want to quit, go ahead. If being in this thread means you will be mad at me and you are going to rant at me all the time about how everything is being piled on your nation, then don't stay, if it will cause you such pain.

Rome wasn't built without any threats to its existance, and neither will be any Empire in this NES. I like realism, and and for me, I wouldn't like an easy road to the top as a player.

As Jason would say, it is the player's privelige to be in an NES, not a mod's to have a player. Modding is fun, but it takes work, and thus, you shouldn't trat it as an easy commodity. The only two reasons an NES gets closed are lack of interest or overwork of the mod.

NK, did my economy raise?

A) I dont mean to offend; but when i go to the trouble of making 4 PMs of orders, that are well thought out, not as filled with nearly as many typos as usually because I;m goign at a slower pace, when i have clearlly defined ogjectves, clearlyl made battle orders, based on my own hard gianed knowldge of historical warfare, when i go to the trouble fo looking over each nation, assiging a reasonable number of troops to that well though out invasion, go the trouble, fo trying to get allies onbaord for it, and even have the decency to section it all of in a nice to look at manner, it tends to piss one off to no end when the result looks like someone decided to piss all over it.

I take time to statgize, make allainces, buod up a force to try to effectivlyl take well defined goals, and make peace with natons i woudl have made swoan enimes for the res to fthe game a turn ago; and I am repaid in either me, or my allies all gettign attacked; while everone else, and lets face it, formt eh orders they give in thread, havent ever held a candle to what i take the time to do, all seem to get miracles every turn.

I know its hard being a moderator; i myself hadf to close my debute NES because of a high work load; but the least you can do is repay hard effort to make a wining strategy with fair rewards.

The Ascendenscy of Gupta Bahram, Great King of the Arabians

"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."
- 2:22 of the Bhagavad gita, a Hindu text

King Akbar has passed away, his soul cast out of its body, his Jiva now wandering through time, going through the cycle of birth and death over and over, untill it shall finally rest in eternal peace. Now, his most trusted son, born to a Dravidian mother from the colonies across the seas, has been appointed as King of the Arabians. His name is Gupta Bahram, and he has gained the trust of many of his citizens and merchants, after succesfully implementing trade policies which revitalized the Arabian economy and re established its former greatness.

Now news has come from the east, Delphi has invaded the Dravidians of the south, and the Indian subcontinent is in turmoil. They charge forward with their nomadic armies, and they are disrupting the free flow of trade and luxuries. This is terrible news of the Arabians and their fellow trade partners, and something must be done.

King Gupta has issued a set of proclamations to this threat, denouncing the invasion and he has sent emmisarries to his fellow hindu nations, sending his support.

Gupta Bahram, a man who has taken up the hindu faith that is so popular within our realm, is an able King, and scholars, merchants, and common folk agree that he will live up to his father's ideals and shall bring prosperity to Djibouti and Arabia.

News of the Kush expeditions accross the seas has startled the Arabians. These were thought of as landlocked simple folk, and the Arabians were shocked that they could send their fleets across the seas and they were even more shocked that these expeditions had not been previously done with the great fleets of Arabia, the greatest in the world.

King Bahram has taken note of this, and he himself has commisioned expeditions southwards, into the unknown islands, where perhaps trade contacts will be found and money to be procured. All seems well in the kingdom as vast amounts of gold and diamonds flow through the markets of Djibouti. All but in India, where it all can go wrong. If the Aryans were to take over Calicut, this could be a huge disruption in trade and therefore a huge disaster to the Arabian economy...

Another interesting thing happened around this time, the False arabs, trying to flex their might, established a colony next to our mainland. Arabian Merchants laugh at the stone worshippers, as they clearly see that the exiled have become greater than the exilers. Perhaps revenge was not needed now, or perhaps not, perhaps this is a ploy to surround our lands, perhaps not..

Gupta, in a shrewd act, has proposed his daughter in marriage to the King od Damot, in hopes that a personal union will come in effect within the two nations, allowing great prosperity for the nation, and allowing both peoples to focus themselves towards greatness..

To Damot:
From The Arabian Trading States:

We propose the daugher of King Gupta Bahram's hand in marriage, may this personal union bind our nations into one, and may trade and money prosper freely between us. If this personal union taken up, we ask that our two kingdoms unify to make a sort of Oligarchy, with King Gupta Bahram and yourself ruling together. With recent Kush expansion and War across the seas, I believe it would be a wise choice to consider this offer. :)

To The Kingdom of Delhi:
From the Arabian Trading States:

Why this agression, we ask that you stop, less we are forced to intervene!

ORDERS:

- Mobilize our army, spend 1 economy on fast and light horsemen (increase Light Horsemen by 1 economy)
- Send 400 Spearmen, 100 Archers, and 300 Light Horsemen to our colony bordering Delphi.
- Send an expedition of 20 Dhows, our most prized trading vessels, down south, exploring the eastern coast of africa and searching for any islands suitable for a trading outpost. Perhaps establish a trading post on a rumored island of the south, larger than all other islands combined....

Top Bottom