StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

yes, the muslims took persia, egypt, palestine, and all byzantine possesions in asia aside from Asia Minor after mohammed's death, and clashed with the Tang at talas. They then proceeded to conquer north africa, and later invaded spain and france, but to be stopped at tours.

Contempt said:
Musloms expanded around 800 AD I believe, several years after Mohammads death.

Whatever passes the time ;)

but an islamic army clashed with the Tang at Talas at the year 751..so i think ur wrong.

I said around, not exactly. I do not claim to remember all of that history, just the genreal time period.

A)JUSTINIAN WAS NOT A GOLDNE RULER!

infact, most historians agree he was the biggest cause of the collapse of the Byzantine empire!

Heracliuswh began his rule in 610 AD ushered in the Byzantine golden age, by using cataphracts in a skilled stratgey the pushes two armies on either side of the bosphorus, who had reached the Byzantien hinterland, back; he is directlly responsible for the collpse of the Sassanian Persian empire to Islamic forces, because he took his war from the gates of Constantinople, all the wat to the euphrates, destoryed the Sassanian army so throughlly that he was able to instal a Persian emperor of his choice onto the throne.

the golden lasted until the death of Basil II in 1025.

Xen said:
A)JUSTINIAN WAS NOT A GOLDNE RULER!

infact, most historians agree he was the biggest cause of the collapse of the Byzantine empire!

Heracliuswh began his rule in 610 AD ushered in the Byzantine golden age, by using cataphracts in a skilled stratgey the pushes two armies on either side of the bosphorus, who had reached the Byzantien hinterland, back; he is directlly responsible for the collpse of the Sassanian Persian empire to Islamic forces, because he took his war from the gates of Constantinople, all the wat to the euphrates, destoryed the Sassanian army so throughlly that he was able to instal a Persian emperor of his choice onto the throne.

the golden lasted until the death of Basil II in 1025.

True, but under him, the Byzantine Empire reached it's largest size. And Heraclius, was also responsible for the wars between the Byzantine Empire and the Arabs due to his attitude towards them when they first emerged from Arabia. The Byzantine "Golden Age" is nothing, compared to the Tang Chinese Golden Age where China was the center of technology in the world, it's military strong, and it's people in better conditions then the average european.

A) Justinain is still directlly responsible for aleniting th epopulaiton in half the empire, and over-stretchign the Byzantien military forces

B) the arabs attacked the byzantien empire first; thier was no 'attitude" that heraclius showed towards the arabs that made them agress the empire

C)while tang china was aleadin gcenter of technology, and its people in good living conditions, the Byzantine empire enjoyed an influx of money that woudl have made even the jade emeror jealous; combien this with the bes tmilitary in the world at the time, duelly shown by the effectivenes sof the cataphract, until the fall fo the thematic military system that supported such troops, and you have two empires that are the pinnacle sof success in thier respective areas, and both equally non-improtant to this NES.

Xen said:
A) Justinain is still directlly responsible for aleniting th epopulaiton in half the empire, and over-stretchign the Byzantien military forces

B) the arabs attacked the byzantien empire first; thier was no 'attitude" that heraclius showed towards the arabs that made them agress the empire

C)while tang china was aleadin gcenter of technology, and its people in good living conditions, the Byzantine empire enjoyed an influx of money that woudl have made even the jade emeror jealous; combien this with the bes tmilitary in the world at the time, duelly shown by the effectivenes sof the cataphract, until the fall fo the thematic military system that supported such troops, and you have two empires that are the pinnacle sof success in thier respective areas, and both equally non-improtant to this NES.

On the contary, the Arabs were furious that when they offered Heraclius a chance to convert, he ripped the letter in shreds, and laughed at how they dared mock him. Tang China IS the leading center of technology during that period, and while the Byzantine Empire enjoyed an influx of money, the Chinese Emperors easily had much more luxuries, and a lot of the Byzantine Gold and silver ended up in the hands of the merchants of the Silk Road, while China made large gains in gold and silver. So much, that gold was not considered the most valuable resource in China.

alex994 said:
On the contary, the Arabs were furious that when they offered Heraclius a chance to convert, he ripped the letter in shreds, and laughed at how they dared mock him. Tang China IS the leading center of technology during that period, and while the Byzantine Empire enjoyed an influx of money, the Chinese Emperors easily had much more luxuries, and a lot of the Byzantine Gold and silver ended up in the hands of the merchants of the Silk Road, while China made large gains in gold and silver. So much, that gold was not considered the most valuable resource in China.

A)gold wasnt vlauble in europe until the age of discvry; it was so perfused in europe, and particuley the med sea that silver was the most precious metal; du ein no small part, to the Byzantine treasuries.

B)everywhere from India to scandaniva has larges tockpiles of Byzantien coins; because the Byzantines were rich enough to have the standard coinage of maost areas aroudn them operating fo the Byzantine standard; however, your statment the China got Byzantien coins is wrong; after the 5th(or 6th) century Byzantium became a silk producer; China made its money off of trade with nations in the east, and middle east east thate were cut-off from europe due to never ending Bzantine/islamic hostilties

C)"offering" is harldey the word to descirbe; attmepting to force him to do it is more liek it, and considering the heralcius is credited with beign the true first crusader, recapturing the supposed cross that Jesus was crucified on, and all together a devote christian, it shoud be no surprise that he woudl be so offended.

OCC: Because North King is late with the update :shakehead I decided to write out my religion.

Main Gods

Tengri: King of the Gods. God of Life and Death.
Khasar: God of the Sun and Moon.
Ayushi: God of Longevity and Happiness.
Jirghadai: God of the Forge and Fire.
Khada'an: Goddess of Family and Fertilty.
Temujin: God of War and Pestilance.
Itugen: Earth and fertility goddess

Honoring the Gods

The best way to honor the God is to die in battle in thier name or their prophets name (a Khan is automactially a prophet). To die in battle means to be honored in the after-life, and so therefore all strive to die in battle so to be pampered in the after-life. For this reason, whenever a man survivies long enough to grow old, he callenges his son to a duel to the death, so that he might impart battle knowledge to his heir and die gloriously in battle.

NEW INFORMATION CONCERNING UPDATE!!!! FROM NORTH KING:

Heh... I have to do some homework for my dam... darned school. After that I write.

OCC: nvm, I forgot to put it in my orders.

Curse it! I cannot write this update at all! Thankfully swearing is not allowed at Civfanatics, so you're ears will be spared, but I can't write this at all. :( The best I can do now is say what happened. I seriously cannot write at all.

well, then say it, and give us a map of what happend.You'll just have to owe us one ;) :p

I second that! While you writing the story is good, we can't write stories until we find out what happened, and there are more of us then there are of you, so just post what happened.

hell, writing what happend may just be the kick in the ass you need to jump start your creative juices :p

Okie, quick summary, since I need to go to sleep soon anyway:

(Bad) Update 9: 1100 BCE

Mongol invasion of China was very successful, very few losses. Three Chinese Northern states united into one, who now pleads to China for aid.

Yangtze has no losses against rouge general, but he invades northern China.

Ex. Arabs enter war against Delhi and incur no losses, suprising them completely and turning the tide against the Aryans.

Persia invades Balochistan.

Three powers colonize Madagascar, and Kush expands into the Malay Peninsula.

Khazars reforms go well.

Picts watch as Dumnonii and Catenvellieunii (sp?) clash.

Spotlight thing: Tartessos' wars. (no surprise there :p )

In Egypt, Tartessos storms Alexandria, but incurs heavy losses. They burn the city to the ground and sow the land with salt, but this infuriates the Egyptian people to a fervour of nationalism never seen before. The Egyptian relief force inflicts heavy casualties, smashing their army with a conbined arms of chariots, swordsmen, and even elephants (from an aiding force of Damot). They drive the tartessians into the Nile Delta, where they withdraw to sparta.

In anatolia, the Armenians are crushed as their cavalry are slaugthered by arrows, their army is decimated. However, the Hittites are hit from behind by Petra, aiding their ally of Egypt in a massive invasion.

Troy is attacked by many cities, but this seeminly means little due to Greek treachery.

Rhodes and Thebes, though honoring their attack on Troy, also launch an attack on Athens, wiping it out completely. Tartessian troops returning from Egypt can't do much, since they are very tired and lost many men.

Burgundians are slaughtered and pushed back.

OOC: Will add much, much more, if I can. I'm still factoring in some battle casualties, so don't take the stats as final until I say.

Top Bottom