StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

Wallace paced around the camp fire in the forest clearing, his loyal advisors with him. Guards were placed around the entrance to the secret clearing, where the Tribe Consil met. "So whats the situation on the diplomatic front", Wallace asked his diplomatic advisor, "well people believe that we are just bloodthristy barbarians and compared to the tribes around us, we are kind of Backwards". Wallace thought for a minute. "Backwards, huh, well we will not be considered backwards anymore" Wallace thought for another minute. "You!", Wallace pointed to a soldier carving up a branch with his sword, "Well it seems that you are more interested in carving wood than guarding the leader of the Picts. Well then make your self useful, go practice wood carving and teach others how to carve wood into art." Wallace pointed to another person and gave him a job, that person's job was to go to the north and find out the secret of ironworking. Another person's job was to start a fishing industry. It seems that Wallace converted to a more peaceful way of dominance.

Pictish Orders
Send people to my northern neighbors and southern neighbors to learn about the secret of Iron Working. Continue to explore the hills of my land for Iron Ore deposits.

Begin to tech people about carving wood into art and weaving wool. Try to get my people more cultured.

Start project-Fishing Industry (+2 economy +10 ships).

Will come tonight or tomorrow, depending on my mood and if I actually get around to updating my other NES.

Nation: The Golden Horde
Ruler/Player: Genghis Khan/ Contempt
Government:Despotism
Category:N/A
Economy: Stable, Uncontrolled
Army: 500 Spearmen, 100 archers
Navy: N/A
Great Leaders: N/A
Religion: Polytheism
Culture: Okay
Great Achievements: N/A
Education: Nonexistant (until writing)
UU: Mongol Horse Archers: The horses of the great Golden Horde have always been above par, and their archers have always shot true. So in a stroke of brillliance the Mongols combined their strengths into a strong hit and run archer. Excel a breaking enemy formation with their missle fire.

Note: Start me off in the area Sarari

North of China lies a great expanse of mountious brabarian tribes, disorderly, and lawless. In a recent battle for supremacy Genghis Khan, Khan of a tribe calling themselves The Golden Horde have won agaisnt a rivial tribe and settled the area, creating the City Ulaan Baatar. The Khan, thinking of his recent victory thinks of crushing all around under his iron fist. The entire world would fear the Golden Horde.

Orders

Increase Army: UU
Advance North with 300 Spearmen, 50 Archers
Battle Tactics
- Archers should be behind a Wall of Spearmen
- Archers should be in a loose formation so every men has a clear shot
- 50 spearmen of each flank to portect against flanking
- Should the archers run out of arrows before the battle is over, split the archers and flank the forces occupied by my spearmen, using any meele weapons they might have

Update 4: 1600 BCE

A new threat is on the rise in Europe... Can the powers on the Iberian and Italian peninsulas resist the growing threat of Allemanii invasion? Can the nations bearing the tin route still support themselves, or will they collapse in economic decline? And in China, who will win the battle for supremacy?

In Pictland, the people are quite content, but the army is restless for battle. Iron has just been added to their weaponry, and they are quite eager to use it. Woodcarving is reaching a golden age of sorts, and though some wonder at the kings sanity when he asks them to work on more than one wonder at a time, all seems well.

Germany is collapsing. With no leadership from the monarchy, the army is failing to meet the Goths and Quadii with sufficient force, and the nation is falling apart to the barbarian hordes. The fiefs prove their resiliency by not giving an inch to the invaders, but they are liable to secede.

Tartessos merges with Aquitania, however, some of the latter’s military deserts. All of the “Union of the Sea Peoples” have to deal with the Allemange, now, though, and this is no small task. The Allemange just seem to grow as they get bigger, grow faster due to that, and thus, they are seemingly on an exponential climb. Tartessian attempts to develop a better paper fail, as do the ventures into “chemistry” by their puppets.

Also, Lusitania is somewhat miffed due to the fact that the Tartessians tried to break their treaty by expanding too far, and that they who were promised unparalleled access to the Atlantic see a break in their territories. This has led to increased tensions, and that cannot be good with the Allemange bearing down on them all.

Carthage is hemmed in on all sides, now, and their attempts to recruit Berber mercenaries are failing, mainly due to the fact that the Berbers want money right now, not promised. (OOC: Guys, to buy mercs is the same as buying other soldiers, they are just more specialized, experienced, and trained). Also their colony in Athens is collapsing and the garrison losing many men.

Egypt is in a time of plenty, and their economy is now growing, what with new gold mining. Also they have discovered iron, and their great leader Ptolemy has led them to a great victory over the Mitanni, who are now dogpiled, and are liable to collapse. Egypt is in a golden age.

Khazaria is attacked by the Scythians! The long awaited attack was well planned for, but they still took heavy losses in defending Itil (which is now a fully fledged city). Wine is consumed in great quantities, though, because they did beat them back.

Arabia makes contact with the Arabs in Africa, but they are in no mood to trade... They still hate the Arabs for chasing them out of their homeland. Also a strange, pure black rock fell out of the sky, and is now revered by the Arabs, who are now using it as a center of their religion, encased in a religious building. Iron, though, was not discovered.

Shang inherits Han! This came about as a marriage between the two royal families, and thus they are perhaps the most powerful state in China. However, Qin has now invaded former Han, and they are quite strong. The two superpowers of China meet, what will result?

Meanwhile, a group calling themselves the Golden Horde, led by a man proclaiming himself the Universal Ruler, are now riding forth on the steppes. Wether they will rise to power is in question, though, because they are surrounded by the Xiongnu.

Most Advanced Nation: Tartessos (just ahead of Egypt and Shang)

OOC: Obviously I ran out of time near the end... Sorry for the worse quality update. Timeline and that stuff in the morning, if I get around to it...

The map...

Attachments

• NNES3.0.GIF
    NNES3.0.GIF
    79.4 KB · Views: 163
To Qin
From Shang
We demand that you withdraw from our lands!

OCC: North King, you forgot to continue my Wonder.

To: Dumnonii (the people SW of me)
We are both of Celtic Decent, how about an union between our 2 great tribes.

To Qing
From Shang
Neither you or i am the Emperor of China. I am the Emperor of Shang, and you are the Emperor of Qin. Withdraw or face the fury of the Shang Empire!

OCC: Did I make any progress north with my 300 Spearmen and 50 archers?

The Great Khan of the Golden Horde sat in his war tent surround by his advisors, stareing at a map of their territoy. One advisor steped forth, " O Great Khan, we are surrrounded by the Barbarian hordes calling themselves the Xiongnu. We can not mount a large offensive with leaving the capital undefended."
"Queit!" the Great Khan yelled. "We are a force to be reckoned with, to be feared. The barbarians will submit... or be overrun! Send for my Horse archers, I think it is neigh time to show these barbarians the strength of the Golden Horde."
" It shall be done my lord."

Orders
Send out the Mongol Horse archers to raid barbarian encampments, and to pilliage.
- Mongol horse archers are to spilt up into two groups, 50 each.
- The two groups are to stay together, heading east.
- Should the group meet an army, the tatitics to be used are to try and draw away parts of the army from the formation, if the part broken away gets far enough away from their main army, the two group will circle the broken away army firing into them and baiting them. If the main army apporches the Horse archers they are to run back to Sarari. The Horse archers are to run from any army containing archers in its battle line.
Note: Should below diplo succed, do not send out the horse archers for a raid.

- Begin Wonder- Glory of the Steepes: This Wonder would draw the barbarian hordes away from fighting for themselves and rather, for the Golden Horde. Also a great bastion for the Higher beings above.

Diplomacy

To the Barbaians of the Steepes
From the Golden Horde

We are of the same type, born of the steepes, honing our skills by fighting each other. But these lands are hard, and the people to the south grow weak. Their land are plentiful, and I have heard of great tales of soft fabrics and great weapons. We tribes by our selves cannot overrun them, but together, under one banner we will ride! We will take these secerts for ourselves! Fight for us my brothers, and the entire world will tremble! The Sun, the Moon, and the very stars watch from above, supporting the glorious strength of the steepes. How will the powers above be recognized if we do not show the people of the south their error of their ways?! Join us my brothers, and the world shall tremble!

Sorry about any orders that weren't done. It was about midnight when I finished it, so I was pretty tired by the end of that. Next time it would greatly help if you could PM all the orders. I read the stories as they are posted, but it is a real hassle to have to dig through miscellaneous stuff to get through it all.

Oh, BTW, from here on, if you want to join anew, you have to join as an existing nation, and cannot join as a new nation.

Sorry if it made it harder for you, I'll start pming orders to you from now on.

Contempt said:
Sorry if it made it harder for you, I'll start pming orders to you from now on.

It's not really annoying me at all, more, it would be much easier if I had them all in one place. You do not have to PM orders, but it would be appreciated.

To:Lusitania

recal to the treaty map given; it did not cover the territory now annexed by tartessos; however, Tartessos understabnds when it has done wrong to its allies, and will give you the strip of land that would connect your territory, in the name of bringing our nations back together again

To:Helvetia

*secret*

Helvetia has the oppertunity to rush unto the pages of History by adeing tartessos quell the barbarian horde that is the Allemanii tribes; what reward could Tartessos offer the Helvettii?

A)while the territory woudl be spilt into different regions and nation, to stop a re-emergence of the Allemanii threat, a good portion would go to the Helvetii

B)as Such, the nation of the Helvettii would be considered a high ally of the union, on similer terms as the glorious nation of Lusitania

C)Your scholars and reserchers would hjave access to the reserch of tartessian and allies reserch, and so gain advancment for yourselves, as well as aideing in the advancement of our peoples directlly, helping to ensure the page sof history have a long chapter on the glories of helvetia!
-------------

OOC;

A)The Helvetii arnt on the list of NPC nation

B)I dont see why i couldnt have invented some form of Pina Colladas, if dudes in the russian steps could invent wine :p

North King said:
It's not really annoying me at all, more, it would be much easier if I had them all in one place. You do not have to PM orders, but it would be appreciated.

do what I did in my NES; act like a bastard and simply tell stright up that noorders will be accepted (unless ther eis a one hell of a good reason) unless it is sent in by PM

Nation: Egypt*
Ruler/Player: Ptolemid Dynasty/Cuivienen
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Category: Religious Theorocracy
Economy: Growing, Uncontrolled
Army: 450 Spearmen, 300 archers, 150 UU
Navy: 5 Galleys
Great Leaders: Deceased
Religion: Cult of Isis (Polytheistic)
Culture: Strong
Great Achievements: N/A
Education: Idiotic
UU: Egyptian War Chariot: based on the chariots used by our Hyksos enemies but faster and more maneuverable
Wonders: Nile Irrigation Project (+3 Economy, Better farming) 4/6

Orders (I'll post them here and PM them.)

Mop up the remaining Mitanni forces using 300 Spearmen and 150 War Chariots.
Spend two economies on training additional War Chariots.
Continue the mining of gold in the deserts and the mining of iron in conquered Mitanni lands.
Found the cities of Abydos and Thebes further up the Nile River. (Thebes is where the river turns, Abydos is slightly north. Thebes is on the east bank, Abydos on the west.)
Continue work on the Irrigation project.

Story

Egypt, land of conquerors. Egypt, land of heroes. Yet today, Egypt, land of mourning. For Pharoah Ptolemy the Great has passed, and now Egypt must pick up the pieces. Life will go on in Egypt much as it always has, but it will be long before it again sees so great a conqueror, so great a general, so great a tactician as the Bane of the Hyksos, Pharoah of Egypt and Mitanni, Ptolemy the Great. In his great tomb in the south the Pharoah is laid to rest and his son, Ptolemy II, succeeds him on the throne of the River as Blessed of Isis, Lord, God, and Pharoah of Egypt.

Great as the deeds and ways of Ptolemy I were, there is little need to change them. Mining of gold in the desert continues, by men blistered by the heat but wealthy from their work. The irrigation project which will give Egypt the best farmland in the entire known world nears completion, and the new Pharoah laready dreams of other great projects, his own legacy, just as the irrigation system and the conquests of the Nubians, Hyksos and Mitanni can be laid at the feet of his predecessor.

But now, Egypt, great heart of the world, reaches out to lands afar. Trade with Petra has long brought tin through Egyptian lands and made Egypt wealthy, but now Egypt has heard rumours of spices far to the south, spices from lands that no Egyptian has ever set eyes on, lands at the very edge of the world. Yet these people have little gold, and Egypt has much, and so trade is opened between the lands of Damot and Egypt and between Egypt and the exiled Arabians.

Yet this is not all. The Lord, God, and Pharoah of All Egypt and Mitanni has other plans, plans for a great military able to sweep aside any who might challenge Egyptian might. And so many new chariots are built and Egypt, great conqueror, now commands a mighty force. On whom shall they be unleashed? Only the Gods and Pharoah, who is of them, know.

Diplomacy

To Exiled Arabs

Would you like to open a trade route?

Top Bottom