Warhammer map for WH 2.0

Communisto

Condottiere
This is a map of the games workshop warhammer mythos. All starting locations, rescources and such are all acurate as are terrain squares.
I have tested it in game and it is perfectly functional and fun please enjoy and tell me what you think.
NOTE- this map only works in conjunction with Embryodead's Warhammer 2.0 MOD download it first-

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/communisto::s_wh_map_1.zip

Thanks to sourboy to helping me learn how to upload..... heh heh heh........... :crazyeye:

Well I had a look at it, not played on it yet though (As I'm sure many are as I type). It looks really good, although I think it's a bit idealised, i.e. too much grassland where it'd really be jungle or tundra. I don't have a problem with that sort of thing though since it's obviously done to aid gameplay. The only bit that I really think is inaccurate is on the west coast of Lustria, which is a load of chilly islands (according to the more recent GW maps).

I've been playing on it as the wood elves and kicking butt! ;)

I'm enjoying it, but one thing that sort of bothers me is how spread out luxories are... I have access to gems, furs, silk, and wine all within a short range... this sort of hinders trade since it seems like most locations have a wide variety of luxory resources available... I'd rather see grouping of the same resource by area. Lotsa wine it Bretonia, furs in Norsca, spices in Ind, silk in Cathay, etc. etc... This is done to a good degree, but there's alot of mixing... and if a civ has one of a lux, they obviously aren't going to trade for it from another civ.

Great fun though. I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion. ;)

I like this map - it's a pretty good map. I don't know anything about the Warhammer world, true, but I enjoy playing a scenario and map with some history to it.

One thing, though: when I was looking through the map in the editor, I noticed that there was a grand total of THREE warpstone tiles throughout the entire map! (And two of those three were grouped together, leaving only two regions with warpstone.) Don't you think that's a little too low? I checked the rules, and while it does have a very low appearance ratio, that appearance ratio was equal to that of Halflings, but you seemed to sprinkle those Halflings around quite liberally... Also, it can appear in mountains as well as swamps, according to the editor.

Like I said, I know nothing about the Warhammer world, but is Warpstone really that rare there? I hope not, judging by how powerful it seems to be...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go off and drool over the thought of a city getting both the Great Forge and the Cursed Mine...

well first of all im glad you guys like the map and to answer your question, yes warpstone is that rare, it comes from comets that break of from the chaos moon or something, they then slam into the earth and the stuff warps into warpstone. but i guess i should have put some more in the world's edge mountains.

Love the map, allthough I know nothing about WH geography, all fantasy stereotypes (factions starting locations& ressources) are well met, which makes up for a far more intuitive and enjoyable gameplay - you just talk to cathay for silks rather than asking yourself wether ironclaws or chaos make the finest foulard in the world...) Unfortunately, it becomes unplayably slow due to it's size well before 1000 IC on my PC (what machines are you people playing these maps on??). Do you plan a scenario with preplaced cities anytime soon? I'd love to see that, since I guess it would run smoothly (or at least I could modify the city number myself so it doesn't turn out to be that "wait five minutes, press enter, wait 5 minutes..." gameplay I have now.).

i thought there already was a complete warhammer mod with seperate website and all... check out the mods thread

There is, tim, but there isn't an official map for it - technically speaking, it's a random map mod.

This map uses that mod, it just provides a map to go along with it.

Just DLed the map but won't be able to lood at it till this evening... so, couple of questions:

- Is this the same as the 140x140 WH map that was made for WH 1 and upgraded to WH 2? Or something completely different? (I hope)

- Does it work with the 2.01 patch?

Dragonlord said:
Just DLed the map but won't be able to lood at it till this evening... so, couple of questions:

- Is this the same as the 140x140 WH map that was made for WH 1 and upgraded to WH 2? Or something completely different? (I hope)

- Does it work with the 2.01 patch?

No it's completely different to that old map, which was...um...politely, unpleasant to play on. This map is heavily more biased towards gameplay than accuracy to the Warhammer World. Grasslands all over the place, etc. With Civ III you can have 'realistic and crap to play on' or 'unrealistic and playable'.

Khift said:
There is, tim, but there isn't an official map for it - technically speaking, it's a random map mod.

This map uses that mod, it just provides a map to go along with it.

i see, good idea

Nice map. I might have to take some time out to try this one.

Top Bottom