T-28 American Super Heavy Tank | August 25, '04

Dease

Be Original
T-28 Super Heavy Tank

Developped in Virginia USA, the T-28 Super Heavy Tank was the heaviest American tank design of the War, this vehicle was intended for use in reducing enemy fortifications. Production orders were prepared for use in Operation Olympic, the planned invasion of Japan. The first prototype was complete in September of 1945. During trials conducted after the war, the second prototype was destroyed by fire. The project was abandoned in October, 1947.
This tank never saw combat.

This tank comes in 2 sizes, one that matches the civ 3 scale, and one that matches Ripptide's scale so you can choose which version you like :)
Each download includes 8 .flcs - AttackA, AttackB, Death, Default, Fidget, Fortify, Run, and Victory. There are custom sounds for AttackB, Death, and Victory. Civilopedia pics and a units_32 pic are also included. Finally, all the code needed to add the unit to the game is in the readme. :)

Enough reading! Time for previews! :D
Civilopedia

In-game preview of the civ scale version

Animated, only the victory anim (the one I don't like :( ) isn't included

The downloads :)
Download Civ 3 scale T-28 ~2.35mb
Download Ripptide's scale T-28 ~2.9mb
***Note: for the large version to work you must eliminate "large" form the folder name :)
Also thanks to Alluminum for the tips on resizing :goodjob:

ocedius said:
Yes, it does blend in, a little too well I am afraid. But nice work nonetheless. Why not the standard Desert or Forest Camo?
cause camo looks terrible at civscale ;)

I'm not sure but when I was testing it ingame it didn't really seem too blend in as much as the ingame prev, probably because it's moving ingame ;)

SwitchbladeNGC said:
I love it!!! Thank you. This is going into my game right now.
Yea, my first unit request that has become a reality! :D :D :D :D :D :goodjob:

I like the axman in the preview :D You shouldn't be discouraged: it's a great unit.

So I can give it stats: What type of gun / armour did it have?

Wow, excellent unit, Dease! This sucker (civ sized version) is going into my mod as the "tank," which upgrades to the "heavy tank" (Muffins' Baneblade), or in the case of Shinra, it'll upgrade to one of their UU's: the Grosspanzer!

I might do a palette job on it to decrease the brightness and increase the contrast, if it actually does blend in too much in game. The pallete thing should be easy with PsP, since the adjustment to the color values is applied accross the entire palette for 256 color images. Civ III doesn't care about the actual values of the colors, just the position (index) of the color in the palette. If you used the same palette for all your animations, like I do, then all I have to do is save the edited palette from the first storyboard, and then just load it for all others (with the "maintain indexes" option selected, of course), and re-export the storyboards to FLC's with FLICster.

augurey said:
So I can give it stats: What type of gun / armour did it have?
From the readme -
Crew: 8 (Commander, Driver, Co-driver, and 5 man gun crew)
Battle Weight: 190,000 lb :eek:
Dimensions: Length: 36ft 6in (overall), 24ft 7in (excluding gun)
Width: 14ft 5in (13ft 11in outer tracks removed)
Main Armament: 1 x 105mm high-velocity gun
Secondary Armament: 1 x .50 Browning MG (AA)
Armor thickness: 300mm maximum, 25mm minimum
Traverse: 10° left and right
Maximum speed: 8 mph :lol:

Hikaro Takayama said:
Wow, excellent unit, Dease! This sucker (civ sized version) is going into my mod as the "tank," which upgrades to the "heavy tank" (Muffins' Baneblade), or in the case of Shinra, it'll upgrade to one of their UU's: the Grosspanzer!

I might do a palette job on it to decrease the brightness and increase the contrast, if it actually does blend in too much in game. The pallete thing should be easy with PsP, since the adjustment to the color values is applied accross the entire palette for 256 color images. Civ III doesn't care about the actual values of the colors, just the position (index) of the color in the palette. If you used the same palette for all your animations, like I do, then all I have to do is save the edited palette from the first storyboard, and then just load it for all others (with the "maintain indexes" option selected, of course), and re-export the storyboards to FLC's with FLICster.

You may want to try increasing the brightness instead of decreasing it, let me know how it works out :) The palette annoyed me to no end with this unit because the anti aliased edges of the yellow tank were reddish, the same colour as the explosions! :mad: although it's pretty much fixed although some of the explosions are a bit too pink IMO so I know what settings NOT to use in OFX if i ever do another tank ;)
Oh, and BTW, the palettes for the attacks and the death are different from the rest, cause I used different smoke settings for those 3 ;)

Oh, and another note I forgot to add, was that you have either 1. duplicate attacka and rename it attackc or 2. deleted the attackc.flc at the ATTACKC line in the .ini.
I did this 'cause IMO it looks better when it loops but I didn't have room to upload it with 3 attacks :(

EDIT:
SwitchbladeNGC said:
So I would guess a movement of 1 :)
I suppose but it would probably have more endurance than a human so it could be two if you wanted it to be

Dom Pedro II said:
I suppose the terrain mod you use also makes a big difference... but yeah, it's basically exactly the same color as the grassland! :lol:

It's a stealth SHT!
Actually that preview had the original civ3 graphics :p
I updated the preview with snoopys terrain (you can see it now ;) )

and, yeah, a big massive yellowy-green 190 thousand pound behemoth travelling towards you at 8mph is very very stealthy :p ;)

Dease said:
Actually that preview had the original civ3 graphics :p
I updated the preview with snoopys terrain (you can see it now ;) )

and, yeah, a big massive yellowy-green 190 thousand pound behemoth travelling towards you at 8mph is very very stealthy :p ;)

If it looks as green as the hills, you might just think it's plate tectonics.

Btw, as Snoopy's graphics are my preferred graphics, I see no problem.

Dom Pedro II said:
If it looks as green as the hills, you might just think it's plate tectonics.

Btw, as Snoopy's graphics are my preferred graphics, I see no problem.
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. :) Hooray for Snoopy's bada$$ terrain (50X better than the original Firaxis terrain graphics, IMO)

Since I'm using Snoopy's terrain for my mod, I see no need to modify the unit now. :p

But he has a stick! That's nearly as dangerous to tanks as a spear ;)

Good tank, Dease :)

Top Bottom