City Graphics Set - Japan: Heian Period to Modern Era

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
EDIT: This is the new version with more original buildings (the previous one was 50% new, 50% cut-and-paste ;) ) that better represent the historical periods of Japanese history. The ZIP / RAR file also contains the walled graphics.

I've tested these in-game, so they should be working properly. :)

EDIT 2: Removed.

Should I still do the Walled versions? They're only 50% complete right now, but I might get to it soon. :)

I'm also trying to work on a new China City set with the first "Ancient" set being based on Qin / Han architecture.

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
Should I still do the Walled versions? They're only 50% complete right now, but I might get to it soon. :)

I'm also trying to work on a new China City set with the first "Ancient" set being based on Qin / Han architecture.

... Well, my own personal vote for such a question will always be YES :)

-Oz

llama said:
very good.
but what does CE stands for? (I know its like A.D, but as A.D means anno domini, than CE means.....?)

"Common Era". Same timescale as "Anno Domini" but religiously neutral.

-- And welcome to CFC :)

-Oz

*EDIT:
I posted the new, and improved version. Much more originality with about 75% of the buildings made pixel-by-pixel (the previous version was 75% cut-and-paste ;) ). The architecture representing the "Ancient" period is partially based on the architecture of the Asuka Period to the Heian Periods. The "Middle Ages" architecture is based on the architecture portrayed in woodblock prints of a Tokugawa Era artist named Hiroshige.

As Shiro requested, I will also be releasing an alternate "Ancient" Era graphics with the Jomon / Yayoi Periods.

*Note: There's a bit of an error shown in the preview file where part of the skyscraper was cut off. The PCX files are all fixed. The skyscraper should appear normally now. :)

Yes, definitely great! :thumbsup: But now I am curious to see the promised alternate ancient graphics too before I make up my mind which one to use! :lol:

EDIT: The walled file only contains the new graphics for the first two eras. It would be so nice to at least have a new Meji too. :mischief:

Top Bottom