New Unit; IS2 Russian Heavy Tank

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
"Remove the man, and you remove the problem!"
Now you can remove the man (and a big chunk of the scenery) in style. Now this tank realy can stand up to the Panzers, one of the best tanks of WWII, the IS2 heavy tank is ready for deploymnet. It also has civ colours so you can use it as a general heavy tank for all you eastern bloc countries.

Create a new folder in your CivIII/Art/Units folder called HeavyTank (no space) and put the contents of the following two zip files in to the folder. Add a new unit to your scenario called HeavyTank (no space) and give it some stats.

Updated! Download removed after 48 DL's New version 2.00
The new version has better alignment with the active unit cursor and has fully animated shadows. The update includes all the Flc files and an updaded INI file.
Download the new version HERE

The unit has been renamed to Heavy Tank to reflect its most probable use in a scenario.
If you want to call it the IS2 or updade the Flc files in an existing Scenario that uses the old animations, just rename the HeavyTank.INI to IS2.INI
The sound files are in the next post.

The IS2 also looks very similar to the T-44 (the post war development of the T-34) so you can use it as a general russian tank from WWII all the way up to modern armour (I plan eventualy to do a modern MBT for the Warsaw pact countries)

V2.00 All the problems have been fixed

Here are the sound files, they are modified from the standard Tank Sounds and work quite well I find;

I may get around to centering the unit correctly at some point, but Iv'e got loads of other stuff to do, and I want to have enough units finished so that when the editor comes out next month, I can make a decent scenario. Here is a shot of the tank model;

And a shot of the Real IS2 for you to compare, Iv'e never been very tallented at copying or duplication, I prefer to invent new designs from my imagination an dthat has always been where my tallent lies. Nether the less I have tried to replicate several WWII tanks for your enjoyment (most of the WWII tanks are now available on civ fanatics) and I hope they at least look somewhat like the vehicle they are supposed to represent;

I should have the alignment problem sorted out in about a day or two, the delay being caused by the fact that Iv'e fixed the shadow problem, and form now on all my units will have realistic partialy transparent shadows. :)

So for V2.00 expect a properly centered tank with animated shadows.

O.K the update is all done! looks great. My best so far I think.
When the XP comes out, if there are any WWII unis not included on the disk that I have already done aversion of, I'll go back and update it with shadows etc.. Got my hands full with new units at the moment.

I havn't realy tested the stats for a std game yet. For a heavy tank you shoud give it stas half way between the std tank and the modern armour, 18/10/3?

I am going to make an Alt_hisory mod when the editor comes out with a completely overhauled A/D/M structure for all the WWII units.
Iv'e been using 6/5/2 for standard medium tanks with a 6/1/1 bombard ability and reduced HPs. This make experience, training Concentration of numbers and infantry suport real deciders in tank combats and an overall statistic reduction (heavy artillery/ heavy bombers are only going to have a bombard str of 9 or ten) means that three turns of bombing cant exterminate the entire civilian population of a size 20 city :(

IS-2 didn't carry that many rounds, IIRC

if someone is interesting with IS heavy tanks' civopedia and icons, here it is.

Attachments

• is2heavytank-civopedia.zip
    18 KB · Views: 266
xiaohaiz - when you make these unit 32 icons, are the colours civ-specific?

btw, thank zulu9812 for ur opinion, i'm a newer to unit-creation.
And thanks for all your help.

thank you for the nice units!~

Top Bottom