British Foot Guard Infantry

BAP

Chieftain
****Version update (SEE Below)****

Here is a British Infantry unit modeled after the Foot Guard soldiers who fought during the Napoleonic Era. I used the Rifleman as my model. However, I did change the Attack.wav so that it sounds like a line of musket rifles going off at once. I'm using it as an elite British Infantry unit in some scenarios, but I think it could also be used as an English UU. The bearskin hat isn't technically correct as was pointed out in the preview post, but I think it will help differentiate this unit from a regular infantry unit I'm doing for the same era. Please let me know what you think. I'll probably repost this unit in a few weeks with a couple of changes I already see I want to make, like dulling down the white coloring a little bit and adding a bayonnet thrust as an AttackB flc. Enjoy.

****Latest Version****
Changes: I grayed down some of the brighter white coloring. I changed the Default flc to make the weapon move the same way the Rifleman unit does. The Attack A flc now has a delay after the unit brings the musket up to make it look a little more realistic, and I changed the AttackA explosion back to the original rifleman explosion. I'll use the multi musket fire sound on a multi unit flc for this unit. I won't make anymore changes to this unit now that I'm happy with it, I'll use it to make more units of the same era.

Foot Guard v1.1

Originally posted by Nemesis Rex
Nice.

What will the "regular infantry unit" you mentioned look like?

I'll modify this unit to look like a British Regular Line Infantry unit of this era by making the pants darker gray and changing the hat. I'll also use this model to do a more generic Fusilier unit of the same era patterned after a French Fusilier, but one that can be used as a Prussian, Russian, Austrian or Spanish. I want to also crank out a French Old Guard unit, a Highland Guard unit, and an American War of 1812 Infantry unit.

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
Great unit, BAP. Thank you. Could explain how you edited the AMB file? That'd be cool.

Thanks,

Colonel

Thanks. Sure, I just changed the .ini file to look for a wav file instead of the attack.amb, then I made a wave file the same size that had a combination of the musket sounds I imported, and the standard trigger.wav that comes with the rifleman.

Originally posted by Johann MacLeod
by the way the hat is correct, assuming he's a grenedier
(and i forgot to mention in my last post that its really good although Black gaiters would add to its accurateness)

Thanks. Yeah, I like to make units between the discovery of the Americas to the end of the 19th Century. Scenarios between this time period tend to be my favorites and in the old CivII, there were a lot of great ones made that I downloaded and played. So I'll keep pounding out units.

As for the bearskin, I've only seen one photo of a Foot Guard unit wearing a bearskin cap during this time period, so I assumed it was a grenadier, but then someone pointed out that the Foot Guards earned the bearskins during the Waterloo campaign and didn't start wearing them until after. In any event, I like the way it looks so I stayed with it. BTW, what's a "gaiter"?

Top Bottom