Term 2 - Judicial Dept. - The Halls of Justice

Cyc

Looking for the door...
In accordance to Article F of the Constitution, I hereby open this thread in the name of the Judicial Department. :hammer:

CHIEF JUSTICE - Cyc

JUDGE ADVOCATE - Hygro

One of the primary duties of the Judicial Department is to accept new members into the MSDG. Although this responsibility has come into question in the past, it is the only official duty on the books at this time, other than making Constitutional rulings. This may come under review this Term.

If you have any questions for this office, feel free to post below.

Currently, this office is looking for a Public Defender. Please apply below or PM me.

For my first official task, I would like to welcome Rik Meleet into the MSDG. Post away, Rik Meleet. :goodjob:

I already am Judge advocate (I think--I might be public defender but I thought that was croxis or someone)

@ Hygro - The Council vote of 1675BC was invalid because the voting instructions were not carried out by the voters, even though the voting instructions were clearly laid out in the first post by the President. With 4 voters, there should have been 12 votes, but there were only 6. So who gets the 6 votes?

Regardless of the answer to that question, I will accept your application for Judge Advocate. Decision to be posted shortly.

That's certainly a valid interpretation of that council vote, and I agree with your decision. There should be no room for interpretation in such matters. The votes should have been more clearly stated.

In continuance of this ruling, I assume then that the appointment of Science Minister is again open for applications. Perhaps you should notify our Minister of the Interior of this so that he can take the necessary actions.

Oh, and welcome to the bench. It's good to have you here.

People of Fanatikou ~

A Formal Petition to the High Court of Fanatikou has been made in order to expedite the matter of polling for the next city site. Apparently, an error was made on the map as the poll was being drafted. The error was discovered after several votes were cast. Now the author of the poll would like to see said poll continued with the acknowledgement that a posted narrative explain the mapping error. The President of Fanatikou has requested this ruling in order to have the matter resolved before the next saved game arrives, which could be tonight. I had previously stated that I would wait for the Judge Advocate to post on the matter before I posted my opinion, but in light of this request, will forego that statement.

Ruling on the Poll for Next City Site (1400bc)

The Constitution does not contain any reference to polling other than Confirmation Polls and a Citizen's right to vote. There are no Laws or Standards to guide us on this issue.

There are two main parties involved in this matter, the author of the poll and the President of Fanatikou, and they seem to be backing the same solution for the quandry. This being let the existing poll continue, provided there is a narrative stating that Option "C" is actually 1 tile SW of where it shows on the current map.

With this in mind, and with no other guidelines to adhere to in regards to polling, the Chief Justice rules this an appropriate solution. If, however there appears to be a large contigent of the Fanatikou public that would like to see a different solution, this ruling may be rewritten by this office.

I await the Judge Advocate's opinion on this matter, whether or not it is posted in a timely fashion.

as Advocate I will advocate for the above ruling :cool:

The Judicial Department would like to welcome von_Clausewitz to the Multi-Site Demogame :thumbsup:

I will advocate that welcome

The Justice Department would like to welcome Chairman Yang and D'yer Mak'er to the MSDG. Sweden must be beautiful this time of year.

Welcome aboard mates!

The Judicial Department would like to welcome bacon king to the MSDG. Just in time for the elections, sir. Welcome aboard.

The Halls of Justice now come to a close. I hereby hand the big Gavel of Fanatikou over to Justice of the Court Vander.

Congratulations Vander. :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention: I advocate this change of authority, as uhh, well I guess the voters forced this but we were too stagnant anyway :p

Top Bottom