NEW UNIT: English Crossbowman

embryodead

Caliph
English Crossbowman

Download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/xbowman.zip

plz don't complain about his crappy death - he already took me more time than it should so I gave up and made a simple fall.

if someone come up with better sound setup, please post it (right now it's just linked to longbowman/pikeman sounds).

=> PREVIEW IS SLOWER THAN IN-GAME ANIMATION <=

Attachments

• xbow-prev.gif
    xbow-prev.gif
    29 KB · Views: 4,094
A decent crossbowman has been the unit that middle ages have lacked real bad - the ones I've seen were a either conversions or little awkward. Really good work. :goodjob:

Very nice unit, very nice, allthough he loads a bit slow (perhaps to detailed?)... going to download him now, any other weapons you could give this guy? How about a Halberdier?

Nice!

Could you also make a real longbowman for an English UU? I would then use this guy for the other civ in Europe, as an upgrade of the archer, and the longbowman as a replacement for England

Originally posted by Ossric
looks good! but indeed, by the time he has reloaded, the battle will probably already be over :hammer:

Simply give a +12 HP to all your units, this way you have time to see all the animations!

Actually, it may even be a good idea :confused:

Originally posted by Steph
Actually, it may even be a good idea :confused:
I tried something similar once. Conscript became 5, Reguler became 7, Veteran was 10 and Elite was 12. All UU´s got an additional hitpoint too. The battles were pretty long, but it was pretty funny to play with.

Don't judge the speed of unit after the slowed-down preview :rolleyes: Actually I tested him in game and there is no problem with that. During the combat, he is able to shoot & reload average 2 times with standard 3 vs 3 HP's.

Halberdier will be most likely done. As for the "real longbowman", not sure how one should look like. I'll be making wood elf archer, which will be just hooded figure with longbow.

Good work embryodead!
At first impression I thought the guy was sluggish after shooting until I saw at a second glance that he's reloading :lol:
but, as said, good work!

Yet another :thumbsup: :D
And that wood elf archer sounds really interesting. I suppose he can also be used as some sort of hunter/ranger unit. And as an elf, of course.

Originally posted by embryodead
As for the "real longbowman", not sure how one should look like. I'll be making wood elf archer, which will be just hooded figure with longbow.
You could try to keep your crossbowman model, make the pants civ colored, but give him a red coat with this symbol on the chest to make him English, and then replace the weapon?

Originally posted by Ossric
i never really understood what the HP was for. So if i would increase the HP for all units, the battle would last longer...interesting!!
HitPoints are the small green sqares next to the unit. You know consript have 2, reguler 3, veteran 4 and elite have 5.

Top Bottom