Blitzkrieg PBEM (Playtest)

Eivind IV

Emperor
Blitzkrieg - Awakening the Giant!
As some of you might know, I've been working on a ww2 scenario for some time now. After several tweaks the final playtest version is now ready, thanks to all the responds I got on the SL forum. I need some volunteers for this one :) I can promise some classical ww2 dog fighting for all civs;)

Please join for this spectacular PBEM game :D I don't know how spectacular it will be, but you will be able to judge for your self. :cute:

The title screen:

The civs are - in playing order:

Imperial Japan
Axis
USA
British Commonwealth
Nationalist China
Soviet Union

(+Neutral civ - non playable)
(+Vichy-France as barbarians)

It starts in June 1941 with the invasion of the Soviet Union. The scenario is specially designed for multiplayer play.

The world:

AND THE FILES:

Main files

Sounds 1

Sounds 2

Sounds 3

First one to claim the civ, gets it! :cool:

For those who want to play, but don't like high res units, fear not! I compiled a nemo version of the units-file. Just replace it with the existing units file. I didn't bother to do anything about it but cut and paste, so there might be some shields misplaced. But it is only an unofficial units version. ;)

But I prefer that everyone use my units :mischief:

Player list? Noone has signed on here at CivFan yet... :) But you are on over at poly, right?

There are more instructions in the readme.doc in the main files :)

Here are the house rules:

- Only the owner of Suez, together with her allies, can
cross the Suez Canal.
- Only the owner of Panama City, together with her allies,
can cross the Panama Canal.
- Only the owner of Istanbul, together with her allies, can
sail between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.
- Only dive-bombers and fighters can land on Carriers.
- Subs can not carry V-1 missiles or atomic bombs.
- No airlifting between cities.

- As the Axis Powers you win the war if you and your ally
manage to capture two enemy capitols, and holding them for
one turn. (Moskva, London or Washington)
- As one of the Allies you win the war if you and your allies
manage to capture two enemy capitols, and holding them for one turn (Berlin and Tokyo). You will also have to liberate at least
three occupied friendly capitols (Oslo, Paris, Athens, Tirana,
Warszawa, Nanking, Riga, Kaunas). If you capture Rome you will only have to
liberate one friendly occupied capitol.

Edit: typo

I've come over a bug already. The Neutrals start building Chinese Divisions. The problem is now solved :D

Just download this and overwrite them with your existing files (Blitzkrieg.scn and rules.txt).

Come on, guys! Don't you want to play? Sign up! ;)

Allright fellas! Here's the new version 1.4. Hopefully that will be the last one before I have to go into the military, because I am packing my stuff as we speak ;)

This is my last attempt to lure people into this PBEM playtest. Sign in! :crazyeye:

Blitzkrieg v1.4

If you look at China's money situation in the above version, you understand that this is the *.scn-file you should be using :)

Just replace the *.scn-file from above with this one.

CivFan has enough problems keeping the the already existing PBEM's alive. There is no room for new PBEM's here at the moment. There is though a game of this going on over at poly.

You got to give more constructive critisism than that. Tell me what you think in porely balanced and I will tell you if I agree or not.

Central Africa was NOT under British rule.. outside South Afica and Egpyt the Bristish didn't have much control over Africa, especally when the empire was collasping... I would put the centre full of Barbarians

Also I think the Italians still held large parts of Eastern Africa.

EDIT: just checked Etheopia (East Affrica) was easily liberated by the British in 1941... I still stand by that away from the coast Africa was too vast to control and was NOT under the British commmon wealth.

SECOND EDIT:

My contribution (now I had a proper look at all things concerned):

The Japense aren't quite right.. they are missing some territory in the South East Asia: --> see link

http://www.foxvalleyhistory.org/WWII/pre1941/map-japan-lg.htm

Hanoi, Da Nangand Saigon were in Japense control at the beginning of 1941

Europe --> no complaints

Sorry for going on about the pacific war but:

I take it you taken into consideration that in 1941 America doesn't have a large contingent but a huge industrial might to create one. Where as the japenese are approaching the overstretch point.

Africa ---> see above, I would put a llarge barbarian presence in there if anything to help represen the harshness of the enviroment.

~ Boli

Considering all other PBEMs im in are moving slower then a glaciar, ill sign up for this.
Give me Russia or give me the bullet!

Originally posted by Boli
Central Africa was NOT under British rule.. outside South Afica and Egpyt the Bristish didn't have much control over Africa, especally when the empire was collasping... I would put the centre full of Barbarians

Also I think the Italians still held large parts of Eastern Africa.

EDIT: just checked Etheopia (East Affrica) was easily liberated by the British in 1941... I still stand by that away from the coast Africa was too vast to control and was NOT under the British commmon wealth.

SECOND EDIT:

My contribution (now I had a proper look at all things concerned):

The Japense aren't quite right.. they are missing some territory in the South East Asia: --> see link

http://www.foxvalleyhistory.org/WWII/pre1941/map-japan-lg.htm

Hanoi, Da Nangand Saigon were in Japense control at the beginning of 1941

Europe --> no complaints

Sorry for going on about the pacific war but:

I take it you taken into consideration that in 1941 America doesn't have a large contingent but a huge industrial might to create one. Where as the japenese are approaching the overstretch point.

Africa ---> see above, I would put a llarge barbarian presence in there if anything to help represen the harshness of the enviroment.

~ Boli

Thanks for looking into this!

Africa was under Free French rule, but since civ2 only allows 7 civs I put them under their ally´s (Britain) rule.

It seems as if your map of the Japanese Empire is taken from December 1941. And this scenario starts in June.

Vichy France controlled French Indo-China at barbarossa.

I agree with the American position though. I can take a look into this.

Thanks.

Well, it would be nice with more players first!

BTW: There are newer versions to this scenario over at the playtest going on at poly. Just go through the thread. I can´t post the link here. I am in the military and they only have macintosh here. I don´t´really understand how to copy and paste things :D Macintosh must surely be the work of Satan himself :lol:

The army life is allright. It´s neither bad nor great. Somewere in between :) . There´s enough to do, that´s for sure. The boot camp was pritty tough. After the boot camp most of my platoon went over to lostics and supplies, while I was sent to train on bigger and heavier weapons than the regular AG-3 (automatic gun/rifle) we use. After Christmas I will get an offer for a contract with the army. Then I will be sent abroud if I say yes. Than means I will have to sacrifise some years to the army. I havn´t really decided yet, but I´ve always wanted to become a peace keeping soldier. I feel there´s more meaning in that - helping people keeping the peace in troubled countries, rather than training for war.

Top Bottom