New Unit: Vampire

embryodead

Caliph
A vampire. It has 2 attacks, 1st is magical (sort of purple plasma beam), 2nd is a slash. If you don't like / want magical attack, simply edit the .INI file (replace AttackA with AttackB, and remove AttackB from second position).

Download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/vampire.zip

Attachments

• vampirelarge.gif
    vampirelarge.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 4,112
Wow... People are sure productive today.

It's a great looking unit. My only complaint is (and you know, you can't escape complaints) that the cloak seems to move like a solid piece, you know. But I'm sure it's darn hard to animate it in the first place...

Originally posted by SpincruS
Wow... People are sure productive today.

It's a great looking unit. My only complaint is (and you know, you can't escape complaints) that the cloak seems to move like a solid piece, you know. But I'm sure it's darn hard to animate it in the first place...

Yeah, I'm limited to what the model can do. I bought this cloak model because it is better than most freeware ones, which have very little morphs. Well, damn, look closer ;) it actually floats and twists a lot (gravity effect is impossible with what I have)

Yeah, it actually does twist and float a lot... Besides, I don't assume that the cloak model actually has joints which you could smoothly animate. I hear you...

this looks great. we really need more undead units. by the way, any idea on ETA till the warhammer mod is released?

What Civ is this guy for? Romania?

Great unit :)

When I first saw the Vampire, I was surprized that Kindred wasn't the one to release this.
I actually kinda fiqured this would have been the first unit he would have done.

But it doesn't matter, it just has to look great. Which it does!

I work with 3D models (mostly Architectural) all the time, and those free form shapes (cloth, rolling hills, water...) they are a pain in the butt just to model. Even harder to animate.

Great job!

Originally posted by JavalTigar
When I first saw the Vampire, I was surprized that Kindred wasn't the one to release this.
I actually kinda fiqured this would have been the first unit he would have done.

I wanted to do a Vampire unit. But I don't care for the "commercialization" of "Dracula". To me, a vampire looks like anybody else. Don't get me wrong, I love this unit, it's awsome and I'll use it definitely, I'm just not into the Count Chocula type vampires, or even Ravenloft looking vampires.

Excellent job Embroy. on all your recent units. I love the dino rider.

@Kindred
I'm was also into the white wolf vampires, though I didn't really need such thing for Civ3 ;) I badly needed exactly that, a cartoonish Count Dracula, such as a Warhammer miniature of Vlad.

@jolwal32
The mod is finished. It will be available as soon as I get the ability to upload it.

What Civ is this guy for? Romania?

It's for Sylvania, a faction that is based on Romania, obviously. I made this for my fantasy mod, see my sig for more info.

@Kindred72
He could be a Tremere. If you wanna make white wolf Vampires go for it. A gangrel changing into a wolf to attack, a Tzemisce using vissisitude or Lasombra using otenabrate, would all be cool.

If ya made one for each clan we could use them as King units with powerfull stats, leaders as youre kings childer and have a World of Darkness mod with your Antideluvian steering your civ in an attempt to kill of the others. With C3Cs editor your king could become more powerfull after time. City names could be grabbed from Clanbooks (Carthage as the Brujah Capial etc). Be work but itd be a pretty cool Mod.

EDIT: oops forgot to say thanks for the unit. Thank you embryodead he's cool. anychance of a girlfriend.

Originally posted by Tathlum
...anychance of a girlfriend.

Who I am to fetch people girlfriends? ;) Seriously, I wan't to make a Lahmia vampire (these are ancient, female vampires of Egypt-like kingdom), though they won't make a good pair.

Not sure about that WoD mod... sure you could throw all kinds of other creatures too, from mages to SAD agents, but I don't think that WoD is a world that translates well to a cartoonish game such as Civ3.

Top Bottom