‘Obesity tourism’ is Mugabe’s answer to feeding Zimbabwe

stormbind said:
You're on the wrong side, as ussual. One of Mugabbe's quests is to kill all white people.

Also, I think he was Britain's ally during South African appartheit.

No, Zimbabwe was a training area /supply source for the ANC during Apartheid years.

Mugabe's best mates in Africa are currently in power in Pretoria. And it hasn't been renamed (yet).

As for the SAS taking him out - they don't sign up for suicide missions. Killing him is one thing, getting away with it another.

As for the idea - well, half of it would work. The obese tourists would get thinner.

However, I don't see how that would make the Zimbabweans fatter. Agircultural labour in a foreign environment would probably make things worse, not better.

I for one wouldn't have a clue how to plough a field.

Babbler said:
But at least it a tyranty they can call their own.

For three to six weeks, until they starve to death. It's not "your" tyranny if you're not around to suffer under it.

I categorically describe all dictatorships as bad, automatically. However, a dictatorship run by foreigners is better than Mugabe's dictatorship.

If we're going to talk about the UK's responsibilities in this...Black African leaders bear a significant responsibility. Through the entire decline of Zimbabwe they have refused to criticise Mugabwe and in fact have banded together to protect him from international criticism. The reason? The people criticising him are white e.g. UK and Mugabwe is black. It's essentially racism. I remember news articles in Australia at the time the Commonwealth was negotiating the ban. African countries such as S. Africa were very opposed to the Commonwealth taking any action against Zimbabwe and it took a lot of negotiation to barely squeak the ban through. At some points they weren't sure countries like S. Africa were going to let it through. This is one of the key things that contribute to my opinion that black African leaders are one of the root causes of the problems in Africa. Responsibility? Leadership? What are those things?

EDIT: Another thing is violence was not only directed against the white farm owners but also against black farm workers. So I don't buy the whole "white oppression" thing. It was just about power and money.

stormbind said:
There would be an international outcry if anyone invaded without UN permission. Zimbabwe is simply not Britain's responsibility.

The commonwealth attempted economic sanctions to undermine Muggabe's authority but they don't do anything else. The Commonwealth's security council banned Zimbabwe. UK and most other members openly oppose Muggabe and have blacklisted Zimbabwe.

What has the UN done?

Maybe its a trick, and he's trying to get fat people over there so he can cook them and feed them to the poor. I hear he's writing a mysterious book called "How To Serve Tourists".

Bozo Erectus said:
Maybe its a trick, and he's trying to get fat people over there so he can cook them and feed them to the poor. I hear he's writing a mysterious book called "How To Serve Tourists".
Now there's just a bit of flour in the cover, it's really called "How to serve for tourists"

Perfection said:
Now there's just a bit of flour in the cover, it's really called "How to serve for tourists"
Hmm, looks more like it says 'fat' tourists to me:mischief:

Mix together the evil, genocidal, and dictatorial tendencies of Hitler, the radical and impractical racism of Malcolm X, and the mind of Peter Griffin, and Robert Mugabe is the result. He's like a joke, only deadlier.

The Last Conformist said:
As I've said in a largish number of threads now, Zimbabwe is deep enough in Pretoria's gravity well that nothings gonna be done about it without South Africa's support.
They also may be testing the waters for turning South Africa into a one-party state. They've already started curbing press freedoms.

Babbler said:
No, it's "How to serve forty tourists"
No there's a little bit more flour, it's
"How to serve for forty tourists"

Mugabe is best described by Red Forman.

Top Bottom