Éa III, Sword & Sorcery (early versions) Missing stuff

Pazyryk

Deity
Let's keep discussion of missing or not-yet-implemented stuff out of the bugs and balance threads as much as possible.

Yes, there are holes in the mod right now. Certain techs with nothing there. Missing TXT_KEYs. If you want to ask about something missing this is a good place for it. Or if you want to contribute icons or texts or ideas to fill the gaps, that's even better...

Just to identify some areas that I am aware of:
  • The Protector of Éa victory condition is not yet added. The other 4 work, at least in theory.
  • No spells yet for Enchantment or Illusion schools of magic. So don't take levels in those schools (don't worry, the AI won't).
  • A number of techs have no items. For some of these I have spells planned that I didn't have time to add before release. Some others (Lycanthropy, Vampirism, Song of Leviathan) involve whole new mechanisms not added yet. [My plan was to disable these so they weren't visible until I add something. Perhaps I will do that for v2.]
  • The advanced techs along the Writing -> Transcendental Thought branch are not developed yet. I need some ideas for names of "knowledge" buildings beyond Library, University and Academy...
  • Help texts. All tech Helps are missing, but this is really only cosmetic because I moved all the info to automatically generated bullet points. But post if you see other specific TXT_KEYS that are missing.
  • Civilopedia. Aghhh... This thing is the worst code I've ever seen. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to modify this (it's worse than AssignStartingPlots.lua). Some pages like Units work, though it needs more organization by additional categories like Undead, Demons, etc. But much of it is an abysmal mess and some pages will just crash.

Maybe just don't do Civilopedia? :D Or at least put it on low priority list. Huge amount of work and there is simply manual :p

I need some ideas for names of "knowledge" buildings beyond Library, University and Academy...

Suggestions:
  • School (requires university in at least one city)
  • Library gets culture; add science/other stuff buildings: elder counsel (faith?, science, cuture), apothecary(science and health)
  • If you get desperate, green 7 wonders cards: Scriptorium, Laboratory, Study. (Also has apothecary (see above), dispensary, lodge and Workshop).

Maybe just don't do Civilopedia? :D Or at least put it on low priority list. Huge amount of work and there is simply manual :p

The thing about the pedia is that anyone, whether or not they know how to mod or code, can write stuff for it. So we could get volunteers to fill it (and the missing TXT entries) out for us.

The texts are easy to write. And some already exist in manual.

What I meant about Pedia coding being a pain is that it is hard to change anything, like add a new section (e.g., Spells) or organize in a different way (e.g., unit by race rather than Era).

Top Bottom