[Vanilla] 1.0.0.194 - Constant Crashing.

Goliht

Warlord
Would be interested in numbers of players experiencing this, so I can consider further possible fixes. Have seen only a few posts complaining of it, so I don't know if this is a general issue or just my issue.

Everygame, every single game, Civ 6 will Crash to Desktop, with the error report popup, on avg every 50 turns. The exact cause can be seemingly random, a unit moving, a sound playing, combat, diplomacy, clicking during ai turn. This is my usual setup, the CTD's are not specific to any game config.

What I have tried:

Unsubcribed from all mods.
Reinstalled game
+ delete folders in both steamapps and my documents.
+ untick all Dlc's and reboot, retick all dlcs. (I have all of them)
Verify files via steam.
Reinstall all Redistributables.
Reinstall DirectX.
Reinstall / Update to newest Gpu Drivers + Sound drivers.
Tried playing with only Aztecs Dlc installed. To see if the dlc's were the issue. Tried without any dlc's at all.
Disabled Steam Overlay.
Disabled Strix Overclocking Tool.
Disabled Malware Protection
Disabled Windows Defender Active Protection and Apps/Browser Protection. (This makes the game abit more stable and crashes still occur, but are less often.)

On avg the game will crash during a 10 hour sessions 4-5 times. Usually within the first 50 turns then roughly every 250 turns thereafter.

Game setup - Any Civ - 6 Ai Civs 6 City States, Huge Map, Marathon Speed, Default Prince Diff. All options at default. Continents. Religious and Culture Vics unticked. Turns unticked.
Drop box set to no turn timer.

Pc Spec - Ryzen 5 1600x, 32gb 3000mhz ram, Rx470 8Gb Gpu. Ab350 motherboard.

Gpu Driver: 17.11.4
Original issue started around time of the Religion Patch. Only had like 1-2 ctd's prior.
Over 1100 hours played on Steam Ver.
Currently have a support ticket with 2k. Have sent in my Dxreport, msinfo32, saved games, log files and dump reports.

Update: 2k feel that it's something interupting steam/civ that's causing the ctd's. Disabled Malwarebytes and the game certainly became more stable. It did however still crash/ctd twice in about 12 hours of play. So much improved and I can live with that.

However, it seems that Windows Defender cannot be completely deactivated, outside of uninstalling it. It can be temporarily disabled, but it switches iteself back on a period of time later. That said, disable WD did make the game alot more stable.

So it would appear, that AV/Firewall/Malware protection systems are still causing an issue.

Oddly, only for Civ6, Xcom2 or any other game I own does not CTD at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom