1.12 Auto workers don't change existing improvements

HellboundHeathcliff

Deity
Supporter
It is late in game and i put some workers on full auto to start changing some of the mined tiles to irrigation for added population. After pollution is cleaned up, they just fortify and do not change any existing improvements.

Territory is completely worked so pollution is the only chore left.

It appears the AI is suffering from this as well. Tiles that would (should?) normally be irrigated at this point are not.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/noautoworker.SAV

Are you sure you hit the right automate key? ('a', and not 'shift-a')

I had many workers and tried both the 'automate' button making sure it was the right one, and using the 'a' keyboard command. They were definitely suppose to alter existing terrain.

The save i uploaded in the first post has already done the mid turn auto sequence and has a few workers waiting for orders with no pollution to be cleaned.

The AI never changed some of its early mining to irrigation even in the desert.

I have seen this many times both before and after the patch. Even when all players are building spaceships the AI will have a city in the middle of a desert that is mined and railroaded and is about size 6.

I've only finished 2 epic c3c games (3rd not finished due to release of 1.12) but noticed on the first one (ver 1.00) that there was no apparent 'pattern' to the AI's irrigation/mining as there was in civ3/ptw.

It wasn't until i tried using a few full automatic workers late game when production is no longer an issue that i made the connection. Any AI civ that starts out with no fresh water nearby is going to be severely handicapped if they do not irrigate thier previously mined tiles later on. Even the ones that do have fresh water do not have a balance of irrigated/mined tiles since they mine tiles that cannot be irrigated right away.

If the AI workers are using the Shift-a worker algorithm from the beginning it would explain alot, including reports of too easy victories and 'sluggish' AI's.

Top Bottom