1.17f Problems/Bug Reports

Libertarian

Pansophist
"Ask for build orders after unit construction" option no longer works.

My mistake. Soren pointed out a conflict in options.

(Edited for follow up)

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem. I've only got the .bic file that game with the patch to work. I've tried editing the new .bic file and I get a version 3.00 no longer supported. I just changed one thing and it doesn't matter what I still get the error

Originally posted by Pulse
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem. I've only got the .bic file that game with the patch to work. I've tried editing the new .bic file and I get a version 3.00 no longer supported. I just changed one thing and it doesn't matter what I still get the error

Pulse, I got the same error. I tried modifying one units movement points in the editor and got the following message: "Scenario Version Invalid! Invalid scenario version! Version 3.00 is no longer compatible.

Originally posted by Pulse

Definately happening. Looking into it.

Jeff

I've just uninstalled the game and defragmented my hdd for the purpose of performing a "clean" install of the game. I'm starting from scratch here.

Would anyone know if I will be able to edit the NEW post-patch .bic with the editor, or will I still encounter the same problem as everyone else has above?

yes, if you patched your .bic file after v1.17 then you wont be able to use it until there's a fix available. Strangely you can play with the v2.10 .bic file (the v1.16). If you have a backup of the v1.16 Editor then you cna still edit your files that remain below 1.17. You however do need the 1.17 editor to continue work on post patch files, you just won't be able to use it in game at this time.

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris

Definately happening. Looking into it.

I downloaded and installed v1.17 just now, made a new large map to play on (couldnt wait to try stack movement!:D) in the editor, but I cannot start it in Civ3.
Message is similar, re:"scenario version 3.00 not supported".

Sounds like a serious bug. Hope it can be fixed, the rest of the patch sounds fantastic.

EDIT: Damn, that was FAST!!! Good work guys!

Oh man. Are you kidding me? I come here and see a serious bug in the just-released patch??

I guess I'd better wait for 1.18.

I just found out (dont know whether this happened in previous versions) that after setting up an iron colony, it was subsequently "dissolved" after being subsumed by a rivals borders, but after destroying their cities and consequently pushing their borders back, and re-colonising it with a fresh worker, it no longer produces iron. There is a road, and a colony and the terrain still has the iron icon on it.

Ill email the file to anyone that asks because its too big too post

I installed the patch thought I would try out my game in progress. In no pattern of any kind some of the ocean squares are highlighted as if a unit was in the are but only one square? :crazyeyes

Desert Fox :p

Have armies ever popped out of goodie huts prior to 1.17? In a testing game I did on regent level (Egypt, standard map, random attributes, roaming barbs), I got an army out of a hut. If it matters, I was in a golden age at the time (I had just built the Pyramids) and the unit that grabbed the hut was elite. I also got no fewer than two settlers from huts (one on the first turn). Are these sort of results something that can be expected (i.e. did the type and ratio of goodie hut awards get changed?), or was mine an exceptional case? And are armies something that are supposed to happen? It is kinda cool being able to build the heroic epic in 850 BC.

Also regarding goodie huts, I had my game "stuck" on a turn when I opened an abandoned hut. The game still responded, but it refused to deactivate the unit that opened the hut. I was able to select another unit and move it normally, as well as do all other things that I could normally do, but I couldn't advance to the next turn because one unit was always selected and refused to relinquish its turn. Also, if you open one with a fast unit on the first movement point, it will still automatically move a second square in that same direction (an aargh I had with 1.16, as well).

Now. The Riflemen make a shooting noise when they run instead of the running sound. this is SUPER ANNOYING!!!!!!! Lets get it fixed please! I am half through my game now. I will finish it tomorrow, lets see what else I find. Anyone else notice this? But so far thats the only thing I have found. I was suprised to find I could even play the game after the patch. HURRAY!! Fireaxis!!! Even with some minor bugs, this is finally great. LOL. I am satisfied so far. Good Work.

I just puirchased the game earlier today, played a few games, then d/l'ed the patch. Afterward the d/l and installation I found my workers could no longer irrigate. The icon doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen and the 'i' key does nothing.

:confused:

Originally posted by NY Hoya
Supercilious, the bug is already fixed

What is the fix? I don't see it around anywhere...really would like to be able to play a game.

Thanks!!!!!

I just got an *.exe error. It happen after I had created the second city. I clicked at contact governor, and the game crashed. I reloaded the saved game, and then it worked. I don't know what happened, but it still has only happen once, so maybe it will not happen again.
Has it happen to anyone else?
My comp also has crashed once in the player setup screen, but that has also only happened just one time.
:confused:

The new stack command works pretty well, but it seems to be a little buggy. For example:

I had both calvary and calvary armies fortified on the same square. When I used the stack hotkey, both the calvary and the calvary in the armies moved :confused:

The funny thing about this, is that the army leaders stayed at the original location, and there was no way to tell the army calvary from the regular calvary without activating each one to see what the info box said about the unit. When I tried to move a calvary army unit, the leader followed 8 squares away (the same distance that the stack was moved). :crazyeyes

Has anyone else had trouble with resources you know you have not appearing on the diplomacy screen as available to be traded even though they are there on the Advisor screen? This seems to happen mostly with luxury resources for me and actually happened with the 1.07f and 1.16f versions as well but was not fixed by 1.17f. This has become a consistent problem and makes finances and tech trading harder when I don't have anything to barter with! The problem continues in spite of 2 de-install/re-installs with no patches or mods installed on this last go-round. And yes, the resouces are connected to my capital by unobstructed roads. Help!

Top Bottom