1000 AD (Earth 217x119)

constantinople

not Istanbul
A 1000 AD scenario for my Earth 217x119 map.

Playable civilizations:
Kingdom of Leon - Starts off with two cities and is granted a small stack to launch an invasion of Cordoba.
Kingdom of France - Starts off with four cities and some units landed by the Holy Land.
Duchy of Normandy - Starts off with one city but also units historically placed by England, Sicily, Malta, and Epirus.
Holy Roman Empire - Starts off with six cities including the Christian holy city of Rome and the Apostolic Palace. Also has crusader units at the Holy Land
Kingdom of Poland - Represents Poland and Hungary, having three cities, and is comparatively less advanced to other European civs.
Rus' States - Starts off with seven cities, missionaries to Christianize the north, and a small stack of units to attack the barbarians representing Khazaria.
Fatimid Caliphate - Undoubtedly the largest civ with 16 cities including the holy Muslim city of Mecca but risks losing some of them to various civilizations and barbarians. Also represents Caliphate of Cordoba.
Ghana Empire - Starts off with just two cities and will have to conquer Timbuktu
Byzantine Empire - Starts off with nine cities, including one in Crimea and another in Italy, and is granted a medium sized army to conquer the barbarian Bulgarian cities. They will have to fight invading Seljuk Turks, Bulgarians, and Normans. Has two beserkers in Constantinople representing the Varangian Guard.
Buyid Empire - Starts off with four cities and will have to face invading Seljuks. Relatively isolated compared to other civs, being surrounded largely by barbarians.
Chola Empire - Starts off with two cities and is gifted with invading forces across the Srivijayan Empire and Sri Lanka.
Western Chalukya Empire - Starts off with one city and a small invading force to attack the Cholas.
Srivijayan Empire - Starts off with six cities but risks losing them to the invading Khmer, Chola, and barbarian Medang.
Khmer Empire - Starts off with three cities and units to attack a Srivijayan city.
North Sea Empire - aka, Canute's empire; starts off with ten cities, including one in Iceland, one in Greenland, and two on Great Britain. Is given scattered galleys and attacking units across the British Isles representing Viking raid. Risks losing its British possessions to the Normans. Starts off with two units on Newfoundland which will almost certainly die to dog soldiers representing the failed colony of L'Anse aux Meadows
Khitan Empire - Starts off with only three cities but is given a large army to assault the Chinese capital and a smaller army to attack Korea.
Song Dynasty - Starts off with eight cities including the most populated one on the map and two holy cities: Confucian and Taoist.
Japanese Empire - Starts off with three cities and an unsettled Hokkaido.

Some of the civs represented by barbarian cities: Ireland, Makuria, Abbasid Caliphate, Songhay, Bulgaria, Kara-Khanid Khanate, Pratiharas, Medang, Korea, Swahili Muslim city-states, Precolumbian civilizations, and more.

Screenshots:

Spoiler :
Reconquista:

Spoiler :

William the Conqueror's invasion of England:

Spoiler :

Normans terrorize the Mediterranean:

Spoiler :

The Middle East:

Spoiler :

The Niger River:

Spoiler :

The Kara-Khanid dominate Silk Road:

Spoiler :

The Cholas and Chalukyas fight in India:

Spoiler :

The twilight of the Srivijayan Empire:

Spoiler :

The Song is under attack by kittens Khitans:

Spoiler :

Heian Japan:

Spoiler :

Indochina and the coast of the Song:

Spoiler :

Mecca, Yemen, and Makuria:

Spoiler :

Problems: the scenario has crashed for me before, but this may because the map is so large. I've other scenarios crash on maps of this magnitude before, so I'm assuming the size is the problem.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Currently working on a 1200 AD map. Will deal with 4th crusade, Northern crusades, Mongol invasions, etc.

Hi Constantinople,

I love this scenario, and i love the map.

Do you have a clean map for me? I would very much like to play around wih it :)

Hi Constantinople,

I love this scenario, and i love the map.

Do you have a clean map for me? I would very much like to play around wih it :)

Yes

Hi Constantinople,

I like this scenario very much, especially the colonisation of the Americas!

I am looking forward to your 1200 AD map, hope you are still working on that...

Is there a version of the clean map available with all the civs in the correct starting locations?

Good scenario. I hope ti goes by slower than that original 1000AD scenario included with the game. I was playing the HRE in the original scenario and had the byzantines and french criss crossing me with tanks as they went at it. Not too far into the game either!

This is a great scenario and set-up! I've played multiple times as multiple civs. Marathon speed is best.

Is there anyway to shut off the turn limit?

I always feel like I'm just getting into the real meat of a game and it starts the countdown to the final turn. I feel like you can become a major regional power at best before you are forced to end the game. The New World is just some place on the map before things are all done. But I sure love the build-up to getting there. All those Barb cities, the Khitans on the doorstep of sacking China's capital, the holy wars against Saladin, any of the subcontinent Indian nations or SE asia startups are loads of fun to play.

Lots of good iterations but ultimately too short!

I tried to add back the inca and aztec to this otherwise perfect mod. But they don't show up as a choice to play and i can't add cities to their empires because the appropriate icon isn't there when i load up the world builder. My unsterstanding is CIV IV can have up to 34 civs, im only adding back 18 and 19. ANy help as to what im doing wrong?

Attachments

• 1000 AD (Really Big Earth) Zygmunt.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
I tried to add back the inca and aztec to this otherwise perfect mod. But they don't show up as a choice to play and i can't add cities to their empires because the appropriate icon isn't there when i load up the world builder. My unsterstanding is CIV IV can have up to 34 civs, im only adding back 18 and 19. ANy help as to what im doing wrong?
Civ 4 unmodded can have up to 18 civs. You'd need a mod to play with 35

IM not sure which empire is "mediocre" enough to remove 2 of them to make room for the aztecs and incas. How do i go about obtaining this mod that allows 35 civs?

I definitely edited the one file from 50 to 19, not sure how to do a clean build of the dll file

Top Bottom