11 Industrial Units

thanks, i guessed id keep it straight unless there was a replacement.
Brilliant.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what... I've added the Japanese units (Grenadier, Cavalry, Rifleman), yet with ALL THREE, I'm only getting a black shadow (like the unit is there, but no texture, just black where the unit would be).

My Civ4ArtDefines_UNIT.XML for all three is basically the same... NIF and SHADER using the provided NIF with the default KFM files:

<NIF>Art/Units/Japanese/Cavalry/Cavalry.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Cavalry/Cavalry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Japanese/Cavalry/Cavalry.nif</SHADERNIF>

In all three units, I only get black where the man should be (on the Cavalry, the horse looks normal, but the man is pure-black as-in no texture).

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

They work for me, and your 3 lines look right to me, so the problem should be elsewhere.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what... I've added the Japanese units (Grenadier, Cavalry, Rifleman), yet with ALL THREE, I'm only getting a black shadow (like the unit is there, but no texture, just black where the unit would be).

My Civ4ArtDefines_UNIT.XML for all three is basically the same... NIF and SHADER using the provided NIF with the default KFM files:

<NIF>Art/Units/Japanese/Cavalry/Cavalry.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Cavalry/Cavalry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Japanese/Cavalry/Cavalry.nif</SHADERNIF>

In all three units, I only get black where the man should be (on the Cavalry, the horse looks normal, but the man is pure-black as-in no texture).

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

I have the same problem. I put all units in my mod but in the civilopedia and the lower left interface the units show up black. In the actual game they are normal. Anybody have an idea of what this can be?

shaders i imagine..

Thats what I thought but the shaders seem right and after comparing with other units I cant find any difference. Its strange because the unit works in the game but the civilpedia and the games lower left interface show up black but everything seems right. I looked over this whole site and nobody seems to have the same problem. I got a brand new computer with a good graphics card so I know thats not it.

Thats what I thought but the shaders seem right and after comparing with other units I cant find any difference. Its strange because the unit works in the game but the civilpedia and the games lower left interface show up black but everything seems right. I looked over this whole site and nobody seems to have the same problem. I got a brand new computer with a good graphics card so I know thats not it.

I never could get the Japanese units to work right... I've had no problem with any other model, just these Japanese ones... I've added well over 100 custom units and never had this problem... just the industrial japanese units have had this problem. I've got a 3.0GHz PIV system with a GeForce 6800GT too, so it's not an issue of horsepower.

I never could get the Japanese units to work right... I've had no problem with any other model, just these Japanese ones... I've added well over 100 custom units and never had this problem... just the industrial japanese units have had this problem. I've got a 3.0GHz PIV system with a GeForce 6800GT too, so it's not an issue of horsepower.

Thanks glad to see others have had the same problem. I also have added a ton of units and never seen this problem. I was playing with the shader scale but with little progress. For now I move on.

I gave-up on these Japanese units and didn't add them... never could get them to work properly, so I just stopped trying to add them.

There's something goofy/wrong with these units but nobody wants to fess up... I find it hard to believe it's a problem on my end when I've successfully added well over 100 units with no problems.

I gave-up on these Japanese units and didn't add them... never could get them to work properly, so I just stopped trying to add them.

There's something goofy/wrong with these units but nobody wants to fess up... I find it hard to believe it's a problem on my end when I've successfully added well over 100 units with no problems.

I agree hopefully someone will fess up

Top Bottom