12 Olympians Achievement earnable as Gorgo?

Jythri

Chieftain
Just played a game on a duel map with the goal to get the 12 Olympians Achievement (must have 12 policy slots as Greece).

Greece starts with a bonus Wildcard slot.

Playing as Gorgo, I built Alhambra, Forbidden City and Potala Palace. Then added Big Ben for good measure. Ended up with 13 policy slots but no achievement.

I accidentally won a culture victory at 11 slots, right before Potala Palace completed.

Any thoughts as to why I didn't get the completion? Can't happen after game win? Can't happen as Gorgo?

Thanks!

I unlocked several achievements after the game was won, actually. This probably wasn't one of them, though.

I had some quirks trying to get the 12 Olympians achievement with Gorgo.

It didn't unlock until I had 14 policy slots.

When I had Merchant Republic (6 slots normally, 7 with Greece's wildcard), I got Adam Smith (up to 8 slots).

I later changed to Democracy (10 slots).

Then I built Alhambra (11 slots) and Potala Palace (12 slots). I now had 12 slots and nothing unlocked.

In a later playthrough (several hours later), I then built the Forbidden Palace (13 slots). Still nothing.

Several hours later I then built Big Ben (14 slots) and the achievement finally unlocked.

I suspect (unconfirmed) that the achievement really just wants you to control a certain number of specific wonders which can grant policy slots.

Someone else mentioned they got the achievement to unlock even though they conquered Alhambra (which doesn't give you the policy slot).

Achievements aren't supposed to trigger post-victory. The patch may have fixed that.

Keep in mind there is at least one Great Person that unlocks one extra civic card slot too. Floored me when I saw it as I've put a lot of time into the game and only recently seen it.

Just finished a game as Pericles. Had 14 or 15 Policy Slots by the end, but already had 12 or 13 by the Renaissance... Achievement never triggered :mad: Has to be bugged.

I got it with Gorgo as well, nothing out of the ordinary at all. Though I was at 11 (Merchant Republic + Alhambra + Forbidden City + Potala Palace + Adam Smith + extra slot from Greece's ability) and then switched to Democracy, so I jumped straight from 11 to 13. Never actually hit 12 specifically but I got the achievement anyway

I had this problem as well.
Think has to do with playing off/online in the same game.

I had 13 policies but no achievement (online ofc). I switched to merchant rep, then to democracy that I just discovered (I was communist before) and then the achievement popped :)

Civ 6 is a little buggy, but this bug is the worst yet. This achievement took me several hours because of this bug. Got to 13 policies. Switching from Democracy to Communism and back to Democracy didn't unlock achievement. Only when I got 15 policies with Adam Smith, Democracy, and the 4 Wonder buildings did this achievement show up on Steam, and it never showed up in the game (no pop-up show that I got the achievement). Arrrrrrrrg

Civ 6 is a little buggy, but this bug is the worst yet. This achievement took me several hours because of this bug. Got to 13 policies. Switching from Democracy to Communism and back to Democracy didn't unlock achievement. Only when I got 15 policies with Adam Smith, Democracy, and the 4 Wonder buildings did this achievement show up on Steam, and it never showed up in the game (no pop-up show that I got the achievement). Arrrrrrrrg

This is exactly what happened to me. I had to build all 4 wonders, have Adam Smith, and Democracy.

Achievements aren't supposed to trigger post-victory. The patch may have fixed that.
I've been able to trigger the Meiji Restoration achievement post victory after the winter patch, so it is still possible. I suspect all the achivements without the "laurel wreath" are doable post victory, and this include all those linked to a civilization (not leader).

For the 12 Olympians, I've not triggered it with Pericles (+1), Democracy (8 slots), Adam Smith (+1), Potala Palace, Forbidden City and Big Ben (+3), so 13 slots in total. However, I've started in classical era, but I may try to reload the save to build the Alhambra to see what happens.
[EDIT] Still no achievement with the Alhambra (14 slots).

[EDIT2] Switching to another government made it happens. I should have tried that before building the 4th wonder (to be sure what triggers the achievement). Thanks all for the ideas !

Last edited:
I remember I also had some slight problems with this achievement. I think I got to 12 slots even with the 2nd tier policy (Merchant Republic) and didn't get the achievement, but switching to Democracy later did the trick. Maybe the implementation is not so simple as having 12 slots and there are some hidden conditions (so it is bugged, to be clear :D). As somebody said, maybe slots added by great people don't count? Maybe you need to have the 3rd tier pocity (my case)? Maybe... ?

I think it is clear that the game only checks for the achievement when one changes government (next turn is not sufficient). From that, the other conditions (4 wonders, Adam Smith, 3rd tier government) could be verified as well, by changing government just after obtaining the 12th slot by one of them.
I didn't notice any pop-up for the achievement (I had to compare the time of the achievement with the time of the last autosaves), as HammerTime reported, but I can't be sure there was none.

Does anyone know if you can get this achievement by stealing the wonders from an AI opponent. Victoria has built Alhambra and Potala Palace, so if I conquer London, I am hoping to gain the abilities of those Wonders. Is that legitimate?

You get the policy slot now from captured wonders (was fixed in a patch), but you may still have to switch governments to trigger the achievement per above discussion.

Perhaps you can try and report back (for the benefit of those of us who have not yet triggered it :D)

Hello guys! I had this problem too, I conquered a city where Gilgames had both Big Ben and Potala Palace, after that I had 13 policy slots. The Achievement states that you need exactly 12. I just made a quicksave, gifted a city where i had Alhambra and then i got the achievement, for i had 12.

I remember having twelve slots and not unlocking it. I eventually maxed out my slots as Gorgo with the GM as well as all the relevant wonders at which point I got the achievement. It definitely doesn't work exactly as advertised, but it does work.

Got to 12 policy slots as Gorgo. Didn't unlock the achievement.
Changed government, achievement unlocked.
Confirmed.

Top Bottom