Starting tutorial closes game and does nothing further

Blasphemous

Graulich
Heya all...
Finally tossed my money over for this game earlier today...
When I tried to run a tutorial the game said it's restarting for it or something, and then it just closes abruptly and doesn't restart...
Sorry if this has already been adressed, I didn't seem to find an answer for the problem in the obvious places...
I probably don't need the tutorial any more (I've played a load of Civ3 and a couple of hours on Settler now, I've got the basics figured out) but I still wonder what the problem is.
Help would be appreciated.

I had an exchange with Rhye about this problem over at the RoX ([c3c]) thread, thought I should post an update here...
The problem is basically that when I try to run a mod (including the tutorial, and regardless of whether I do it through the main menu's "Tutorial" or through the "Load a Mod" menu) the game either offers to restart and then simply closes, or offers to restart and promptly crashes to desktop.
Another odd thing that may or may not be related is that it looks on the game's second opening screen as though there is some dialog in the middle - there's a rectangle of displaced graphics that moves slightly when I click to go to the next opening screen. (Screenshot) When I click through that screen, everything but the displaced rectangle moves up or down by a few pixels (don't remember what way and obviously couldn't measure by how many).
Besides that, and probably without any connection to either issue, I initially had the "failed to load renderer" (or whatever) problem which was solved by patching the game, and the game gets very sluggish. But I understand that's normal. :sad:

Top Bottom