[Vote] (2-56) Lategame Unit Tweaks Proposals

Approval Vote for Proposal #56 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 56

Discussion Thread: (2-56) Proposal: Buff Mech Infantry and Bazookas
Proposer: @phantomaxl1207
Sponsor: @azum4roll

Proposal Details
Proposal: Increase Mech Infantry CS to 80
Bazookas: 60 CS, 80 RCS, 3 base Movement, and Production changed to 1800 (same as Mech Infantry) for Bazookas.
Change Covering Fire II to be Covering Fire I w/o Penalties (+20% CS When Defending , Enemy Land Units within 2 spaces suffer -15% CS).

Rationale:
Mobile Tactics Units are on a huge step below Advanced Ballistics Units (Mobile SAM, Rocket Artillery, Modern Armor). I would say it's a big bigger than I would like to see more premium Units have vs Resourceless Units: more notably, Modern Armor vs Mech Infantry and Rocket Artillery vs Bazookas. It's important that every Info Era Unit is worth the tile that they occupy and for Units to keep being useful as some Units will have good Promotions we have been working for all game.

I haven't had a chance to use the newly changed Helicopters yet or Light Tanks. So, I wouldn't know what changes they would need, if any.

Mech Infantry are generally solid. Only concern I have is that the gap between Mech Infantry is a bit wider compared to Modern Armor than it is between Infantry and Tanks, which is a bit wider than Riflemen vs Landship. They really only a slight bump in CS to be more wortwhile, imo. Infantry and Mech Infantry both have DFPs (+25% defending vs Ranged, +25 HP). I would say they should be changed 80 CS so they retain the power ratio that Infantry have vs Tanks.

Mech Infantry are 75 vs 100 Modern Armor 3:4
Infantry 60 vs 75 Tank 4:5
Riflemen are 50 vs 60 Landship 5:6

Bazookas were for a while an Atomic Era, and they still retain that cost, 1300 Production. Their stats 50 CS, 70 RCS are fine for taking on Combined Arms Units (Tank and Infantry) but not suited for Info Era warfare at all. Also, their Covering Fire is weaker, at the cost of inverting their Armor weakness ( they get +50% vs Armor). I wonder how long has this unit gone unbuffed for? I considered 3 Range, however, I would rather see them closer to the frontline. It would also mean they could be eligible for 4 Range, which I would rather be left to the likes of Rocket Artillery.
Spoiler Covering Fire I/ II :
Covering Fire I
-50% RCS when attacking Cities, Fortified Units, and Armor
+20% CS When Defending
Enemy Land Units within 2 spaces suffer -15% CS

Covering Fire II
-25% RCS when attacking Fortified Units and Cities
+10% CS when Defending
Enemy Land Units within 2 spaces suffer -10% CS

Proposal Amended:
Infantry 60 CS -> 62
Prachina 60 CS -> 62
Mercenary 65 -> 66

VP Congress: Session 2, Proposal 56a

Discussion Thread: (2-56a) Counterproposal: Lategame Unit Tweaks
Proposer: @azum4roll
Sponsor: @azum4roll

Proposal Details
Change 1:
Bazooka gets base range 3 (up from 2) and has 60:c5strength: / 80:c5rangedstrength: (up from 50:c5strength: / 70:c5rangedstrength:). Production cost increased to 1800:c5production:. Faith cost increased to 1000:c5faith:.
Remove free Anti-Tank Rounds promotion from Rocket Artillery.

This is the same amount of CS/RCS as the original proposal, and the numbers I've been using in my mod. 3 range as opposed to 3 movement to reduce traffic jam in the frontlines (occupied by infantry, tanks, and helicopters/light tanks mid-turn). Bazooka works differently enough from Rocket Artillery for not having Indirect Fire.

Many last-tier units have a CS bonus against tanks. Helicopter Gunship, Bazooka and Rocket Artillery all have Anti-Tank Rounds. If we have to cut one it should be from Rocket Artillery. The other two are supposed to counter tanks.

Change 2:
Change the Covering Fire promotions as below.

Covering Fire I
-50% RCS when attacking Cities, Fortified Units, and Armor
+10% CS When Defending (down from +20%)
Enemy Land Units within 2 tiles suffer -15% CS

Covering Fire II
-25% RCS when attacking Cities and Fortified Units
+10% CS When Defending
Enemy Land Units within 2 tiles suffer -15% CS (up from -10%)

The loss of -CS aura and defensive bonus in currently upgrade from Covering Fire I to II feels bad, but we can't give everything to Bazooka. On the other hand, Gatling Gun is very strong and could use a very slight nerf in the defensive part.

Now Bazooka would be a 100% upgrade.

Change 3:
Infantry 60:c5strength: -> 62:c5strength:
Pracinha 60:c5strength: -> 62:c5strength:
Mercenary 65:c5strength: -> 66:c5strength:
Mechanized Infantry 75:c5strength: -> 80:c5strength:

The upgrade from Rifleman to Infantry is much less impactful than the previous upgrades, so I raised Infantry (and related UUs) CS a bit. Mechanized Infantry is buffed to hopefully make it work as the cheap alternative to Modern Armour/GDR without being destroyed by Tanks.

Note: the proposals differ only at Bazooka movement/range (3 movement 2 range vs 2 movement 3 range), the Covering Fire promotion changes (56 version is stronger than 56a), and 56a removes Anti-Tank Rounds from Rocket Artillery.

As host, I cast the tiebreaking vote in favor of azum4roll's lategame unit tweaks. That proposal passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom