2 Players 2 Computers 1 Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogledygook

Chieftain
Hi

I have one steam account, two computers, and two people who want to play Civ. Is it possible for me to play on both computers at once, in a LAN against each other or even just on our own? I could do it with Civ 4 but when I try to do it with Civ 5 it immediately shuts down on one of the computers. I have it on a laptop and PC and it always closes on the PC before I can even start the game, even if I just use the PC. Is it possible to play Civ on 2 computers? I would really like to. I have tried re installing several times.

Thanks for any help:)

You are a thief, and the proper authorities have been notified.

Welcome to the new world. :crazyeye:

No. Steam will only allow you to run one instance of the game at a time. There are ways, but you're on your own there.

Put Steam in offline mode on both PCs. Also pull the plug on the internet and hook them up directly.

If that doesn't work... Well, as the above poster said, there are other ways. You're an intelligent human being. With Google and a little imagination, you can find anything ;)

It isn't possible by legitimate means, and it is a breach of the Steam Subscriber Agreement, meaning that if you are caught your account could be revoked.

Either way, ethically you are pirating if you finagle it to use 1 copy for two users. If you want to play it with your kids or whoever, buy the stupid game. You can't run two instances of the Call of Duty games for your PS3 (legally), no matter how many PS3's you own; it should be the same here.

The thing to try is one person play it in "Offline mode" and the other play it in "Online mode" and hopefully the games see eachother over LAN.

remember when there used to be these wacky things called "2 player games"? Can you imagine if you had to buy two copies of Street Fighter 2 to play against your friends? Like was said above, welcome to the new world. As far as 2k is concerned, if you don't like it, you can go **** yourself.

Moderator Action: Swearing is not permitted on these forums.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Civ 5 isn't Street Fighter. It's a false analogy. You want special treatment because you play a PC game. This isn't new, many companies have used disk check for over a decade.

You know what I do when my girlfriend wants to play the same game as me? I buy two copies of the game; like I did for Splinter Cell, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Team Fortress, Mount and Blade Warband, Civ 4 (which we never played) and many other games over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom