2 quick questions...civ jewelers life expectancy

kartrak

Chieftain
Hey,
Today i was playing a monarch/normal game as wang kon and decided o shoot for a culture win . Since i had no way to build any corporation other than civ jeweler as i had shut down the tech rate, i decided to go for it. i got the corporate expansion quest and built lots of executives when i noticed something...

to my own cities, it gave either 4 or 5 gold, 16 culture and -4 gold negative.
to other's cities, it gave me 4 gold,them 16 gold and i believe -1 gold.

that means it only adds culture to my cities , although the corp headquarters added 4 gold per turn. does this mean it adds +4 to the HQ, and -4 to the city? if so doesnt seem to be much use .

Also, i ended the game with a culture win and stats showed i had largest land area, best approval rating, not even one unhealthy city, yet, my life expectancy was 6/8. Can some one please tell me how life expectancy is calculated?

Thanks in advance

I don't know about LE and AFAIK it doesn't matter as long as your cities are below their health caps.

As for jewelers, the gold you get goes through all the multipliers. If you get +4 and -4 gold in a city, with a market/grocer/bank that city is worth 4 gold after maintenance. If jewelers is in your wall street city, that city is worth 16 net gold per turn total.

thanks,
so if i have even one multiplier building im making a profit? then its quite usefull after all, considering that it also adds culture

I think both Approval Rating + Life Expectancy are calculated by a ratio of healthiness/unhealthiness and happiness/unhappiness.

I think i read somewhere that the formula for life expectancy was:
(total healthiness of cities)/(total unhealthiness of cities)
and for approval rating just replace healthiness with happiness.

at TMIT:
Shouldn't the total amount made in your wll street city 12 gold? Because the 100% from civilian build, plus 100% from wall street equals plus 200%, which would be 8, plus the original four is 12 gold total.

I don't know about LE and AFAIK it doesn't matter as long as your cities are below their health caps.

As for jewelers, the gold you get goes through all the multipliers. If you get +4 and -4 gold in a city, with a market/grocer/bank that city is worth 4 gold after maintenance. If jewelers is in your wall street city, that city is worth 16 net gold per turn total.

Dont you pay inflation over those costs?

at TMIT:
Shouldn't the total amount made in your wll street city 12 gold? Because the 100% from civilian build, plus 100% from wall street equals plus 200%, which would be 8, plus the original four is 12 gold total.

And what about the gold in the city you spread it to? It's worth 4 gold there too.

Dont you pay inflation over those costs?

I forget how inflation works actually.

Yes, corp maintenance is affected by inflation, and courthouses and of course Environmentalism / Free Market. Exact formula, don't know.

So it's better for your citizens to have a short life expectancy, right? It means you did not build more +health buildings than needed. And good to know approval rate is based on happiness, always thought it was based on relationships with AIs.

Top Bottom