2 vs 4 team game and teching

AwesoMe and I created a public game where we took on 4 random people on a skirmish map/no ruins/no barbs/no CS. The game showed the power of the liberty production rush, as by turn 50 the game was won (2 capitals taken with one of the civs destroyed.) :eek:

The purpose of this post isn't to brag about beating pubs (AwesoMe and I are the noobs,) but to remark about the tech rate for teams. It looks like we each had 1/2 of a tech rate, and each of them had about a 1/4 of a tech rate. The tech was even after both sides got writing (looking at demographics.) So it is about the other team having potential: double production, double gold, and double great people, double the chance to get wonders, and more unique units to leverage.

This game was inspired by a previous game with The Great General (aka swordspider) who convinced me to try a 2vs3 East/West game. We did outtech them, but their extra production and bigger armies made it a challenge (the players in this game were more skilled than the 2vs4, we almost lost the 2vs3.)

Anyhow, with G&K coming out soon, nonsense like this to spice up the game won't be necissary for a while.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom