2015 NCAA Football Thread

The Alabama coordinators got to meet with media today for the only time until the post season. Kirby Smart said last year's defense was the worst he's had at Alabama. Ouch. Tough to argue though, and it is a relative comparison. Like the ugliest supermodel or whatever . . .

Can it be time for The Game yet? I like how Harbaugh went from one of my rivals to the biggest rival.

Looks like we've lost a member of the all-name team for good. Altee Tenpenny has already been kicked off the team at UNLV :(

A little classic Johnny Football in the NFL Preseason. Wish the that whole TD drive was in the gif, to show how the defense was so set up for that run. Oh and without the $$$ sign.

Scrimmage today, still no QB. I can't remember if I've done this already, but I'm predicting three losses for us this year: Two in the regular season plus whatever bowl we end up in. It's not that I think we'll be that bad or that we're outmatched by any particular opponent, I just think our schedule is too brutal to survive. Literally every conference game is easily losable . . .

That said, I do think our chances of winning the West are better than they were last year at this time. I didn't think we had a very good chance at this time last year though . . .

Now Coker is out 'several days' with what is alternately being described as 'a foot injury' or 'foot surgery'. I'm hoping he had an ingrown toenail cut out . . .

In other topics outside Alabama, I am not on board with the Johnny Manziel comparisons for Kyler Murray and Matt Ryan comparisons for Kyle Allen by the coaching staff at A&M. You are just asking for disaster and ridiculously high expectations...

Tuesday FUN FACT . . :

Every QB to win the national title since 2009 has been a first year starter, except McCarron's second win . . .

It's really not that surprising I suppose. QBs don't usually start their first year on campus, or if they do they don't usually win. And if they're good enough to lead a team to a national title they will often not stay through five years, so you only have one or two years as a starter at QB in college anyway. But it was a football related factoid, and I'm football starved atm . . .

I guess Baylor has joined the ranks of doing whatever it takes to win football games.

In other more lighthearted good news, the #2 QB in the nation for the class of 2017, has committed to Texas A&M, Tate Martell from Nevada (Not Dorne for you ASOIAF fans). He chose the Aggies over Alabama, USC and Michigan.

I'm also ready for a great season of Buckeye football!

Perhaps I'm cynical, but everyone does whatever it takes to win football games :dunno:

What happened at Baylor wouldn't have happened at a lot of places, since there was a recognizable paper trail (hell, I even have some of those documents) that would have precluded many compliance departments from allowing the kid to enroll. Baylor just didn't try very hard to do a background check, among other things.

I just see it as a broader problem and pointing out Baylor's failing has the effect of making the problem seem more contained that it actually is . . .

Top Bottom