2018 season NFL playoffs

So, on an amusing note, I had a typo in the thread title; playoofs. Could have been a Freudian slip thing.

Question, how badly can the Texans get blown out before people are reminded that when they were 0-3 Bill O'Brian's job security was about rock bottom?

The bobbleheads are using 'punched in the face' to describe the Texans' first half.
Not a bad description, actually.

The bobbleheads are using 'punched in the face' to describe the Texans' first half.
Not a bad description, actually.

Yeah, they look grossly outmatched by a team in their own division...that doesn't really have more talent than they have. If someone does call for O'Brian's head on a spike I can't say for sure that I could put up a good defense.

DOINK

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

At least we won't have to worry about him next year.

Yeah, a double dagger.

The Eagles will be heavy underdogs against the Saints but history tells us that gives the Eagles the advantage.

Look who just hired Bruce Arians? So apparently, the Suckaneers want to continue pissing the bed of mediocracy for the indefinite future.

Last edited:
Chiefs with something very close to the league's worst defense hold the Colts to zero first downs for the first 28 minutes.

Yes, if they can keep that level up play up that is a Super Bowl contending team. What's notable is they did without Eric Berry.

I am one of the only Seahawks fans in existence who is pulling for the Rams tonight because reasons (with our NFL pick 'em contest not being one of them).

I am one of the only Seahawks fans in existence who is pulling for the Rams tonight because reasons (with our NFL pick 'em contest not being one of them).

Well, whatever the reasons it seems to be working.

I was listening to the pregame babblers talk about how the Rams defense gave up five yards plus per rush this season, and it struck me that a useful stat for the next gen stat people would be to split out yards per rush when protecting a three score lead from the rest of the time. I think that the Rams yards given up per rush was severely padded by those early season games where they were threatening to hang a fiftyburger on just about everyone they played and their defense was like "Running the ball down seventeen? Sure, go ahead."

Copy/paste from what I wrote on the Seahawks subreddit:

Spoiler :

As much as I dislike the Rams I am pulling for them tonight... in fact I want them to win the Super Bowl.

Here is why:

In the crowd tonight they said it is 50/50 between Rams and Cowboys fans. I hate that. It’s more fun to hate the Rams if the team has a personality associated with the city they play in (for lack of better words). I want the people supporting their local team to win and if the Rams go on to beat the Cowboys (and especially if they go on to win the Super Bowl) it could help them with establishing more of a fan base in LA.

As weird as this sounds, the idea of walking around in LA with a Seahawks jersey getting bad looks (for supporting a division rival) almost sounds fun.

So the Rams needing to establish a fan base in LA is literally the only reason I’m pulling for them (in the short term).

Finally, I will admit that while I am a Seahawks fan I am from and still live in northeast Texas and I get really sick of how the Cowboys are constantly worshiped.

If the Chargers win tomorrow then the possibility of the Super Bowl being the battle of Los Angeles is still there. The idea of that is pretty fun to me. Not to mention I've been taking the Chargers before the season started so I'll stick with them.

It would be interesting, to say the least.

My own potential interesting curiosity is dashed since Dallas lost. This morning I was contemplating how after an entire season of thinking of the NFC east as nothing but a raging dumpster fire we were just two upsets away from the Eagles and Cowboys facing off for the NFC championship.

Well, whatever the reasons it seems to be working. I think that the Rams yards given up per rush was severely padded by those early season games where they were threatening to hang a fiftyburger on just about everyone they played and their defense was like "Running the ball down seventeen? Sure, go ahead."

Y'all didn't even score 40 points until week 11 and that was the only time all season, wtf are you talking about

edit: numbers are hard

edit 2: no they arent i was right the first time nvm

Y'all didn't even score 40 points until week 11 and that was the only time all season, wtf are you talking about

edit: numbers are hard

edit 2: no they arent i was right the first time nvm

True, but if I remember right they never trailed in a game until somewhere around week five, and while 40 was rare 35 was normal. I was thinking more in general though, because the Chiefs defense has the same statistical misrepresentation. Any defense is going to give up more yards per carry when they are playing clockball, it's just the nature of the beast. They might look better than they really are based on rushing yards per game, because teams won't be running, but they will give up yards per carry to teams that play into it.

Guys my butt has been clenched for more than four hours do I need to see a doctor

also I'm sorry but someone posted this and I can't not share it after all the Marcus Williams memes last year

Last edited:
This very well may be the Saints Super Bowl to lose but the Rams are capable of giving them more problems than the Eagles did.

Top Bottom