2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords

i think that you are too restrained. The warlord unit is giong to be something brand new. This is not all good news, if their working on an expansion they might not be working on a patch/SDK

Lord Olleus said:
This is not all good news, if their working on an expansion they might not be working on a patch/SDK

Those are done, it's just up to 2K to release them. They'll have to run them through their Quality Assurance tests first.

Patch/SDK will come - I have no doubts whatsoever.

Seems a bit early to be announcing this though - the game is still not half a year old.

I'm curious what new Civs are going to make the cut, or if Civs already in there, but with only one leader, get a 2nd leader. Maybe the Sumerians who got cut the first time, might make it back in (although they are already available by mod)

Wait a second... THIS SUMMER!?! Wow... rather fast. That's got to be some sort of new record with expansion pack making. I supose making the game so moddable in the first place probably helped them make the pack.

Zero chance that I buy this expansion before plenty of others buy it to see if there are any bugs.

I knew something would happen. My bets are that the Rise of Rome scenario might come back along with Sengoku Jidai, return of old units with useful promoted abilities, and new civilized traits.

My only concern is the focus on war/military, something I find to be the least entertaining part of Civ4. While I'll be all over this expansion when it comes out, it's the rest of the additions that have me interested.

BirraImperial said:
how am I going to find the time to sleep???:crazyeye:
Welcome to the wonderful world of caffine my friend, may it lead you many victories and few defeats!

Personally though I would not have named the game after a (reletively) easy level in the game.;)

I bet then that the next patch then will be the last for the vanilla game.

The Great Apple said:
Wait a second... THIS SUMMER!?! Wow... rather fast. That's got to be some sort of new record with expansion pack making. I supose making the game so moddable in the first place probably helped them make the pack.

Yeah I'm kind of surprised too. I was thinking this November until you pointed that out.

I want the expansion now so that I can get the new stuff cause right now I'm just playing downloaded Mods and Civ3 conquests

SK138 said:
I wish they would do another SMAC instead of the Railroads game.

I'm glad to see Railroad back in the hands of Sid Meier and crew. I haven't liked any of the versions since his original one. There's always been something missing, maybe they'll be able to put it back.

Now we can guess why they are late for patch and SDK.
They cannot sell patch and SDK... So it is bottum of the priority in Firaxis...
According to my imagination... There will be no saparate patch anymore..
The Warlord Expansion is THE patch I guessed that it will come out in June..
It is a way to sell patch with some minor addtional materials to royal gamers.
Other major publisher like Atari did similar thing ( ex: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3)
Why 2K games will not?

Top Bottom