2nd Agent Orange PBEM game

Originally posted by anarres
So what difficulty level is this game? I have read elsewhere that it defaults to a really easy level - this is essential to know for happiness levels.

It's gonna be weird if I can grow to size 2 without a police unit...

It is set on Monarch but there seems to be a bug that sets every game to chieftain....

Game sent to LT Killer M. I have a good starting location too! :goodjob:

This is going to be a very weird game - can't wait for my first turn...

As Erikk wrote I set the game to monarch level but there's a bug in PBEM and hotseat that changes the level. Personally I have only experienced chieftain level being set, but I also read posts of people who only get deity setting. Go figure. My best educated guess is we get chieftain because thats what I always get when I make a game. So don't worry about hapiness and mil police too much.

:aargh: someone must have used 'Load'. I see American units, then they disappear and I get Babylon (ended turn, can change production), then I get to play all players when i press return!!!!

btw: bad starting loc for scnadinavia :( only 1 good tile.

Killer did you load it from the start menu or from another single player game?

You should always load from the start menu and never from another game because than happens what happened to you.

hmmm I did use the menu.... I'll try exiting PTW all the way, then restart it from desktop.....

sorry, Chat is a :nono: because of the firewall here (am at work).

edit: OK worked after exiting PTW all the way. Weird, didn't have that with my other PBEM.....

Did you see much of the other players, Killer?

If you know the location of their starting positions on the minimap, I think it would be best to do a restart, since we're only at turn one. Not that I think you do not play fair but it will influence your early exploration and a restart may be warranted because of it. (That and the not so great starting location of France ;) )

:lol: I remember the following (I certainly tried not to look): starting locations are spread out as they should be on a normal 8 player map.

that is, gimme a map and I can point to locations with a high confidence. But I can do that with any black map ;)

no, I tried not to look, I kept my eyes to the unit window.

Too bad. ;)

Well, we should just continue to play this game then, and I'll just envy the players that have started in cow-wonderland. :)

Top Bottom