2nd game ever (of Civ 5)... and I set it up for Epic.

Minifig

Chieftain
I really never could get into 4, but 5 I'm enjoying a ton.. so I set up the Huge Earth map, on Epic.

I think I might have taken more cake than I can eat.. :lol:

Enjoy hitting next turn for 2 hours to get a worker.

Minifig, glad you're enjoying the game - I play on marathon myself and am also enjoying. Try and ignore the particularly vocal audience in here... A lot of us are also enjoying the game, but there are a lot of very vocal people here who just ain't happy unless they are telling you why they think the game is terrible.

Minifig, glad you're enjoying the game - I play on marathon myself and am also enjoying. Try and ignore the particularly vocal audience in here... A lot of us are also enjoying the game, but there are a lot of very vocal people here who just ain't happy unless they are telling you why they think the game is terrible.

Agreed - the vocal group have many very valid opinions, but I've yet to run out of "fun" in this game, and I played quite a bit of cIV.

ps: has anyone ever pointed out that AfterShafter is awfully close to "After Shafer" :crazyeye:

I really never could get into 4, but 5 I'm enjoying a ton.. so I set up the Huge Earth map, on Epic.

Epic speed is well balanced, huge map on the other hand I am not sure, I hope you have a powerful rig

Agreed - the vocal group have many very valid opinions, but I've yet to run out of "fun" in this game, and I played quite a bit of cIV.

ps: has anyone ever pointed out that AfterShafter is awfully close to "After Shafer" :crazyeye:

Heh, no-one has pointed htat out yet... But I assure you, I started using the handle in the late 90's - it has very little to do with the man of the hour ;)

Hey Minifig, welcome aboard. Hope you continue to enjoy Civ5 for months and years to come. I haven't played on Huge / Epic myself due to all the problems that Huge maps seem to entail, so I'll be interested to hear if you're able to complete a full game on a Huge map. Maybe I'll give that a shot myself.

Also, try and ignore the particularly vocal members here who pre-emptively insult their fellow Civ fans rather than keeping to constructive feedback. ;)

Huge marathon game is fun if you don't manage to piss off all your neighbours on turn 40.

I have played about 6 standard games and hope to try out Epic next with perhaps the Iroquois or French.

But there still is alot of fun left in this game for me.

I played cIV almost exclusively on marathon, but now I'm mostly standard with a few epic games thrown in. epic isn't that much longer than standard, but marathon is twice as long + as epic. however, the combo of a huge map + epic is bad news for any computer short of ORNL right now. I have an i7 @ 4.0 with a highly oc'd gtx 460 and I still either stick to large maps at standard speed or standard maps at epic speed as my most computationally intense games right now. Even a large/epic game in the past for me has just really bogged down in the later eras, though I haven't tried it post-patch yet.

What is your game rig? how is it dealing with everything so far?

Top Bottom